Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale away  (Read 65399 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 00:04:17 »

When I was younger I used to enjoy the bouncing around the terrace when we scored,  the climbing of fences (city away 91 and Bolton away 95 league cup spring to mind. Nowadays I'm quite happy to sit, just a pity the atmosphere has to go  Sad
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 01:24:14 »

When I was younger I used to enjoy the bouncing around the terrace when we scored,  the climbing of fences (city away 91 and Bolton away 95 league cup spring to mind. Nowadays I'm quite happy to sit, just a pity the atmosphere has to go  Sad

It goes much further than that. The Manor, Tooting & Mitcham away, The Wrexham train. You can't measure passion. You've not seen it Hoboken. Ask me, Chalkies, Banbers, Ronnie. You haven't lived.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 01:50:43 »

I'm not hoboken  Huh?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 09:54:24 »

I don't really know what to say to some of the criticism. You don't have to get involved, I'm not forcing you to. I go to football to watch my team and support them and I think that getting the crowd more enthused is going to help support them, I'm going to keep doing it.

Personally, I hate all the violence between fans at football. If you want to be a yobbo and have to start a fight to get a kick out of football, by all means go ahead. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy calling another fan any selection of expletives in the terraces, but fighting is another thing entirely.

It's not a waste of time or money if 95% of our fans and the players enjoy it. So yeah, I'm going to keep doing it. Port Vale may have been a bit of an anti-climax in terms of what people were expecting but 850 people in a 4k away end was difficult with how spread out everyone was, plus it's my first time sorting this sort of thing out... it can only get better.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 10:21:57 »

Don't be disheartened Jay. You aren't gonna please everyone no matter how hard you try. The overwhelming response I heard was that it looked decent and the atmosphere was brilliant. Let's not overlook the fact the players quite obviously responded and we got a vital 3 points.

If people wanna bitch and moan then let them. Keep doing your thing, they'll either join in or fuck off. Swindon fans are notoriously negative and if a few balloons helps the team then do it. I've never ever met a footballer who said, "you know what? when I fucked up and got booed that really spurred me on". No, they respond to positive chants and a crowd getting behind them.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 10:37:46 »

Don't be disheartened Jay. You aren't gonna please everyone no matter how hard you try. The overwhelming response I heard was that it looked decent and the atmosphere was brilliant. Let's not overlook the fact the players quite obviously responded and we got a vital 3 points.

If people wanna bitch and moan then let them. Keep doing your thing, they'll either join in or fuck off. Swindon fans are notoriously negative and if a few balloons helps the team then do it. I've never ever met a footballer who said, "you know what? when I fucked up and got booed that really spurred me on". No, they respond to positive chants and a crowd getting behind them.

I'm not disheartened. I've been blown away by the response I've had so far. Definitely going to keep at it.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 10:48:05 »

There's enough room to accomodate all types of supporters. As long as you're not hurting anyone in the way you support the team, go for it.

It's All Good..............
kerry red

« Reply #187 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 10:55:50 »

Yeah, stick that flagpole in me eye and I'll lump ya!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 10:58:10 »

It'll look decent with 4k at Preston Jay  Wink
Perhaps we could get a Thor banner?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 11:02:26 »

There's enough room to accomodate all types of supporters. As long as you're not hurting anyone in the way you support the team, go for it.

My armchair is soooo comfy.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 12:46:11 »

There is only one true way to support the team and anyone who suggests otherwise is a heretic. We should all be aiming to wittle our fan-base down to about 48 true fans, far better than thousands of people enjoying themselves in the wrong way.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 13:02:44 »

My armchair is soooo comfy.
Touché.

It's All Good..............
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 17:47:22 »

It goes much further than that. The Manor, Tooting & Mitcham away, The Wrexham train. You can't measure passion. You've not seen it Hoboken. Ask me, Chalkies, Banbers, Ronnie. You haven't lived.

I've been going to see STFC since the late 70s, so I've seen a fair share of what you think is passion. I've been spat in the face at Bolton in the League Cup semi-final 2nd leg; I've been randomly tripped up in a crowd by Sheffield United fans at the first game of the Premier League season; I've been sat in a bus shelter at Barnsley, after having lost to them, when some home fans ran into the shelter shouting "Any f-ing Swindon in here?!!". Not for me, thanks.

I'm (one of) the idiots who desperately tries to get people in the DRS to sing every home game - sometimes there's only 2 or 3 of us chanting - but I'm not going to be impressed by tales of "getting Oxford on the run" or things like that. Sorry I don't meet your definition of passion, but by my own definition I'm doing ok.
kerry red

« Reply #193 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 17:58:59 »

Different strokes for different blokes.

Nobody is advocating everyone should be the same - I've calmed down in my dotage - but for those of us who enjoyed the less sanitised days of following your team, the happy clappy, ticker tape sort of thing is faintly embarrassing.

Not knocking the enthusiasm, but the lack of standing terraces has done for what I would identify as a prerequisite for atmosphere.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 19:52:32 »

Look football has changed. Difficult call to say for the better.
I know exactly where Hammer is coming from recalling the 70's and 80's madness.
However nothing compared to the atmosphere then. Hatred, hostile and the tension. I loved every minute of it but I was lucky I didn't turn down the wrong street at the wrong time or got hit by the bricks thrown from the bus station after a Brentford cup game.
For those who are too young to remember the Plymouth fan killed outside the ground or the Rovers fan left on a life support machine. Glorified ....no way, it was the terrible ,looking back it makes you shudder. For me as a young lad it was simple, get to the ground from the station and get back to the station after the game in one piece. Oh I forgot the bit in the middle when some teams would try and "take the TE" ....if was scary, do I miss it no but I do miss the packed TE and terracing and most of all the noise from the TE. It simply does not even come close now. I absolutely loved it and miss it and glad I lived through it.

Yes times have changed. I still love going but now take my kids and take them without any fear.
Now that I would not swap. No way would I have taken them years ago.
What Jay did last week was fantastic and nobody should knock him and it belongs to the modern game.
Not even sure if Ironside lived through the 70's and early 80's but for all the good things about the atmosphere back then it simply had to stop.

So I have been lucky to witness then and now and today I am happy to watch the games and still sing with no fear that I have got to get my lads home and safe.
However I wish the missing few would turn up, the TE back to its former glory but I think I have seen the best times and for those who unfortunately missed out you certainly missed something very special as Hammer is eluding to.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: