Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale away  (Read 65402 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:43:34 »

The other big flags have long since died a death.  One was being used to soak up piss at the back of the Town End when we found it.  Another had long since been chucked by the club.

The London Reds flag was ever present at away games until last season.  I was talking to a mate at Scunthorpe about its disappearance.  Not sure where it's got to, but would be good to see it reappear soon.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:57:58 »

The London Reds flag was ever present at away games until last season.  I was talking to a mate at Scunthorpe about its disappearance.  Not sure where it's got to, but would be good to see it reappear soon.

It went to Bromley, that's the last I know of it for certain. Rumour has it Lord Lucan is using it as a tent outside the city walls of Atlantis.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 21:00:46 »

Or pets dogs crapped on it and he binned it, or it might be stuffed in a cupboard in East Croydon. One of the 3 is true, not sure which.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 21:25:48 »

East Croydon.

Vile story
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 22:25:54 »

Good luck Jay, I remember having some crazy shit idea like this 10 years ago in the lead up to a game against Port Vale!

The other big flags have long since died a death.  One was being used to soak up piss at the back of the Town End when we found it.  Another had long since been chucked by the club.

Do not underestimate the financial and personal cost of doing the stuff!  Ironside hated me as well, think he still does.  In fact this has all been rather civil so far.

The paper was the cheepest and most effective - it was just some banquet roles and to be fair was the idea of some of the Ultras.  Oddly in most other countries this isn't part of the happy clappy crowd, it's done by the nutters.

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/39/64/41/1tifob11.jpg

The flags/banners do cost a small fortune and many clubs get quite funny about them having a safety certificate.

Good luck. It will probably lead to a decline into alcoholism and being chucked out at Walsall or something.

Yeah, knowing the TEF, I was expecting a bit more hostility but I'm pleasantly surprised with the response.

We have got some of the banquet paper sorted out for it so no worries there!

In terms of the finances I have been very lucky that a lot of fans and the STFCTrust have donated a lot towards it.

Hopefully we'll be able to do these kinds of displays at the County Ground soon.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 22:50:26 »

The London Reds flag was ever present at away games until last season.  I was talking to a mate at Scunthorpe about its disappearance.  Not sure where it's got to, but would be good to see it reappear soon.

Would have been 12/13 it was ever present, as last season it went to Posh on the opening day and then spent the rest of the season in my cellar. I've not had it since Bromley in pre season though.

Good luck tomorrow Jay and everyone, I can't make it but will be at Donny, perhaps we can repeat it.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 13, 2015, 22:58:54 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
Talk Talk

« Reply #156 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 23:51:10 »

Good luck Jay, I remember having some crazy shit idea like this 10 years ago in the lead up to a game against Port Vale!

Glad to hear that you are still breathing Rob :-p

I remember you being in the Adver in a photo wearing a red and white wig and screaming and that was before I met you  Clap

Yes, how much synchronicity is there in that then? The first L&P event, Port Vale at home - Saturday 8th October 2005. We lost 2-1, Rory Fallon scored for us. The attendance was 4,531...

Also my first Town match. I brought two of my children along, who were then ten and eight. Nineteen and seventeen now. Bloody hell, nearly ten years of masochism, I must deserve some kind of award. Where has that time gone?
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 08:23:44 by Talk Talk » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 01:42:54 »

Yes, how much synchronicity is there in that then? The first L&P event, Port Vale at home - Saturday 8th October 1995. We lost 2-1, Rory Fallon scored for us. The attendance was 4,531...

Q and A were happy beating the Shitheads 2-0, in a parallel universe. The attendance was a few more.
Talk Talk

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 08:24:51 »

Q and A were happy beating the Shitheads 2-0, in a parallel universe. The attendance was a few more.

Ooops. 2005 then Reg  Cool
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 09:02:56 »

Ok, I've got a free day today and it's just dawned on me that I can get to this game. I don't away games very often (hardly ever) so what's the deal? Just buy a ticket when I get there?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 09:14:12 »

Ok, I've got a free day today and it's just dawned on me that I can get to this game. I don't away games very often (hardly ever) so what's the deal? Just buy a ticket when I get there?

You can buy on the gate. There's usually loads of stewards happy to lead you to the ticket offices.

Hopefully you can make it!

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 09:17:22 »

You can buy on the gate. There's usually loads of stewards happy to lead you to the ticket offices.

Hopefully you can make it!

Yep looks like I'm there. Only a 6 hour round trip! See you there!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 09:18:10 »

Usually cash only on turnstiles just so your aware.

What pubs are people going to be at?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 10:54:15 »

Here's the footage that the Port Vale media guys sent me... unfortunately they actually missed out the entire display at the start and just have us singing. We were fookin' loud.

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 18:52:14 »

Do not underestimate the financial and personal cost of doing the stuff!  Ironside hated me as well, think he still does.  In fact this has all been rather civil so far.

The paper was the cheepest and most effective - it was just some banquet roles and to be fair was the idea of some of the Ultras.  Oddly in most other countries this isn't part of the happy clappy crowd, it's done by the nutters.

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/39/64/41/1tifob11.jpg

The flags/banners do cost a small fortune and many clubs get quite funny about them having a safety certificate.

Good luck. It will probably lead to a decline into alcoholism and being chucked out at Walsall or something.
I don't hate you.

I just thought at the time, and still think today with this latest version of your sanitised happy clappy bollock's, that if you want to galvanise the support, a couple of fucking fairies waving home made flags and a bit of 'ticker tape' around is just a bit shit.

If you fancy going all in, getting some proper flags and banners produced to recognise the club's history and create a proper atmosphere, then let's do it. This whole exercise that was undertaken is a waste of time, effort and money. You either get 'partisan' or don't fucking bother.

Credit where it's due, you were fairly prominent at the time (if a little over opinionated) but it served a purpose, as embarrassing as it was.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: