Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23664 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 14:19:48 »

Always a bummer, to be on the road or rail, and find out a game is off. More so when it is a "convenient" postponement. At least thses days plenty of ways of finding out what is happening in advance.  I remember turning up at Luton one Boxing Day, when it had been postponed for so say a frozen pitch, and it was as warm as it was last year. Luton did have an injury crisis mind. Luton not really a place to go to without good reason.

Very true. Pretty sure we heard almost immediately due to the powers of social media. Would have been even more frustrating had we got all the way there i suppose. A Tuesday night trip to Stockport a good few years ago now still haunts me. They had covered the pitch in sand following a good few days rain (and they played rugby on it). The ref took one look at it and refuse to play the game. Unfortunately he didn't turn up until about 6:30pm though, just as we turned off the motorway. To top it all off the ground was dry underfoot and they'd had next to no rain all day (according to David Lucas).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:26:02 »

The Carlisle away/Austin debut goal game. Got on the train at Euston not knowing if on or off, didnt find out it was definately on until we were pulling into Carlisle station, social media/internet didnt really help that day. Luckily it wasnt a wasted trip.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:37:22 »

Always a bummer, to be on the road or rail, and find out a game is off. More so when it is a "convenient" postponement. At least thses days plenty of ways of finding out what is happening in advance.  I remember turning up at Luton one Boxing Day, when it had been postponed for so say a frozen pitch, and it was as warm as it was last year. Luton did have an injury crisis mind. Luton not really a place to go to without good reason.

Bolton away in the league cup 1995. Sat in Burnden Park car park and told by the hot dog vendor that the game was postponed.  Sad
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2016, 20:42:47 »

The Carlisle away/Austin debut goal game. Got on the train at Euston not knowing if on or off, didnt find out it was definately on until we were pulling into Carlisle station, social media/internet didnt really help that day. Luckily it wasnt a wasted trip.

Bloody awful trip. Spent the whole match sat next to some drunk.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2016, 20:54:34 »

Didn't improve much on the way home for you from what I heard!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2016, 22:45:12 »

Bolton away in the league cup 1995. Sat in Burnden Park car park and told by the hot dog vendor that the game was postponed.  Sad

Yep, we were only about 15 minutes away when we heard.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2016, 22:52:48 »

Didn't improve much on the way home for you from what I heard!
:-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, January 7, 2016, 04:11:41 »

Same for me when we played Walsall a few seasons back after a dusting of snow....KFC by IKEA and the Car Park steward told me it was off....FFS!

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, January 7, 2016, 12:13:01 »

Yep, we were only about 15 minutes away when we heard.

We went to a pub over the road for one and it was like walking into the rovers return. Sure the barmaid said "Turrah Chuck" when we left  Smiley
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, January 7, 2016, 17:09:07 »

Got in a cab at Bolton station to be told it was off. Also the JPT at Exeter when walking to the ground and arriving to find the floodlights off. Called off at 1830!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 11, 2016, 20:45:26 »

Ready for my first away game this season! Only once have I gone on away travels to find it postponed and that was also to port vale. Looked for the nearest ground to watch a match with not much time to spare and ended up at west brom. The re-arranged fixture was a delight 3-0 down half time 3-3 full time with the Rory fallon show.

Anyway on to tomorrow, the forecast up there isn't great with more rain due,  does anyone think it will go ahead? Or will I be making the decision to watch Villa or Wolves.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 11, 2016, 21:06:31 »

I still maintain it was a bloody stupid idea to rearrange it this quickly. If it's off, hopefully it'll be off early.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 11, 2016, 21:50:51 »

I still maintain it was a bloody stupid idea to rearrange it this quickly. If it's off, hopefully it'll be off early.

Typical Burslem day forecast...freezing cold, pissing down with rain and strong winds  Sad
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, January 11, 2016, 22:00:47 »

I remember in the League 2 season, we left singing in the carpark (we'd parked at the ground) and a couple of their scrotes came over and said

'If you cunts drive down Hamil Road, we'll turn your fucking car over'

Anyway, the carpark exit's onto Hamil Road.. needless to say they didn't do anything.. funny though.

I think our scorers that day were Magera and Kerrouche.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, January 11, 2016, 22:07:29 »

Magera scored??

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: