Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Colchester Matchday Thread  (Read 28556 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 16:24:07 »

Dossevi's true chant got a little outing in the TE yesterday from John's lot, took a while to come but I think it's a keeper:

We've got Thomas Dossevi
You know he's Togolese

(My lover's got no money, he's got his strong beliefs)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 16:29:59 »

Part of the reason Cuthbert got pulled into the centre was that they put on a sub on that wide left position and playing diagonal balls to his head. Cuthbert had to deal with him as the centre backs were already on a man each and this guy was a striker looking to go behind and shoot not a winger aiming outside and for the byline. In that situation, the only thing to do is to let the rightback tuck in and bring the wide midfielder back to cover the space outside. I would 't have fancied Manky to be in the right position again and again.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 16:49:33 »

Dossevi's true chant got a little outing in the TE yesterday from John's lot, took a while to come but I think it's a keeper:

Pah, it's not as good as the Coffee and TV one that has never been sung.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 17:01:15 »

Yeah, he was then joined by Timlin, Ritchie, Prutton, Douglas, Rose, Ball and possibly some more. Yet, they didnt get booked!

Was Ball even on the pitch by then ?

Trouble is, Austin's now on 4 yellows.  I blame the Town End, who should have turned their backs and not encouraged Austin to dive in

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 17:18:10 »

Cant remember - one of him or the doss was there.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 18:07:16 »

Doss was still on
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 18:34:46 »

Yeah, he was then joined by Timlin, Ritchie, Prutton, Douglas, Rose, Ball and possibly some more. Yet, they didnt get booked!

Ha I did wonder about that. Although all I could see of Dougie was him digging everyone out from underneath all the fans!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 18:53:11 »

How any one can criticise Austin's performance is beyond me. Scored one, made another and his all round play was immense, as was his work rate. He'll be playing Championship football next season, with or without us.

Only downer was the 2cbs and keeper first half, and if Odejayi had scored when it seemed easier than miss the game could have been very different. We are a good CB away from being a good side, because going forward and particularly acorss the middle we looked really good yesterday, with a lot of depth too. When you think of the players missing through injury we have a very good squad in two thirds of the pitch.

There is not one outstanding team in this league, now we need to put a run together, but I fear that with the inconsistent and mistake-ridden nature of the GK and CBs currently in the team we'll struggle to do just that.

Here's hoping.

And Doss's song (to volare)

Dossevi (woah woah woah woah)
He's mates with Adebayor,
He fucking loves to score.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 18:56:05 by Panda Paws » Logged
jb

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:03:39 »

How any one can criticise Austin's performance is beyond me. Scored one, made another and his all round play was immense, as was his work rate. He'll be playing Championship football next season, with or without us.

Only downer was the 2cbs and keeper first half, and if Odejayi had scored when it seemed easier than miss the game could have been very different. We are a good CB away from being a good side, because going forward and particularly acorss the middle we looked really good yesterday, with a lot of depth too. When you think of the players missing through injury we have a very good squad in two thirds of the pitch.

There is not one outstanding team in this league, now we need to put a run together, but I fear that with the inconsistent and mistake-ridden nature of the GK and CBs currently in the team we'll struggle to do just that.

Here's hoping.

Fair point. However I think both LJF and Morrison are getting better and better, they compliment each other well, LJFs pace with Morrison's strength and height.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:19:32 »

Here's hoping.

Hi Panda...cannot totally agree with your views.....2 goals conceded in the last three matches tells me the defence are on the right lines......fact is unlike Plymouth the matches v Brentford and Colchester were tight affairs because of the happenings at the other end.....lots of matches this season we have not killed teams off while well on top.....even v Charlton we couldve/shouldve been two up before we conceded a soft opener.
You mention Odajayi's miss as pivotal.............well i see what your saying but Yeovil away we had at least three clear cut chances to gain the three points...not the rather fortuanate point we gained....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:22:13 »

yeah the defensive record looks alright over the last 3 games. Sadly we've played about 15+ games this season.

Last time our defence started to look a bit better we let in 5.

I think we were lucky Colchester only Odapericard upfront.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:30:29 »

yeah the defensive record looks alright over the last 3 games. Sadly we've played about 15+ games this season.

Last time our defence started to look a bit better we let in 5.

I think we were lucky Colchester only Odapericard upfront.

So what about the sitter Timlin missed when clean through........always keen to highlight there one and only chance but not remembering the chances we didnt take.....always quick to blame the defence...............thaught the defence was outstanding yesterday against a very dangerous team.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #267 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:31:36 »

Just seen the highlights on STFC player. That second goal was liquid football wasn't it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:39:27 »

So what about the sitter Timlin missed when clean through........always keen to highlight there one and only chance but not remembering the chances we didnt take.....always quick to blame the defence...............thaught the defence was outstanding yesterday against a very dangerous team.

what? I didnt mention respective chances at all. Just the fact that their strikers were bloody awful and thats part of the reason we werent troubled. Odajayei made Pericard look mobile and good.

If you thought the defence was outstanding yesterday then you have a really poor standard for outstanding.
They werent.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 19:41:33 »

If Colchester were a 'very dangerous team' then this league really is shite.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: