Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rochdale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 56105 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:31:52 »

Each to their own, but a genuine question for you - what makes you think that a) he's going to turn it around and b) somebody else couldn't come in and get the players we've got working as a team?
Conversely, I'm still not sure anybody coming in would get them playing as a team...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:37:23 »

Jesus Christ we must have watched different games

We never looked like winning the game. That was the shit part.
We never looked like losing the game (up to the goal), that was the good part.
i.e. we easily matched Rochdale.

The wind was always going to wreck any nice football. And it did.

Which bits do you disagree with?
-------

re: the substitutions - I think Wilson was trying to bring on our more creative players since we create about 2 shots in 60 minutes. Didn't really work for me.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:38:37 »

The wind was always going to wreck any nice football. And it did.

Did you see Dortmund - Schalke 04 yesterday?

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:38:48 »

All i can say is that i have seen enough.

Today was shocking.................love the Town....probably drank to much.

No passion,no earning the money......no way back.

I like Danny Wilson.......but it is time for a change.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:38:53 »

Did you see Dortmund - Schalke 04 yesterday?

No.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:39:17 »

No.
Fucking lightweight
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:39:54 »

Each to their own, but a genuine question for you - what makes you think that a) he's going to turn it around and b) somebody else couldn't come in and get the players we've got working as a team?

If Wilson is sacked tomorrow there is absolutely no guarentee that anyone could come in and 'save our season', it could go either way whether it's Paul Bodin or Gary Johnson.

There is an assumption that a new manager would come in and automatically get the team winning, what if this doesn't happen?
flammableBen

« Reply #382 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:42:41 »

I'd like us to appoint lady manager or a computer manager AI. Either way it will be fucking ground breaking.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:43:26 »

No.

Well, there you go. Now that was windy - and a great game of football!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:45:43 »

I'd like us to appoint lady manager or a computer manager AI. Either way it will be fucking ground breaking.

I think we need to appoint an employment manager to start with!

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:46:11 »

That was utter shit.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:47:57 »

There is an assumption that a new manager would come in and automatically get the team winning, what if this doesn't happen?

Then we're playing League 2 football next season, which is exactly where we're heading now anyway.

As proved more often than not when a manager is sacked because the team is hovering around the relegation zone, a new manager seems able to come in and provide the momentum to string enough results together to pull them free of trouble.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:49:22 »

That was utter shit.

Now that's a match analysis in my eyes! Honest, simple and straight to the point!

Grin

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #388 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:49:32 »

That was absolute shit - the second half in particular. I couldn't pick a MOM other than their number 8 who would be brill alongside Dougie in our midfield. I thuoght Flint had a very good first half but a poor second. Saying that he was infinitely better than Frampton who was bollox today. Dossevi really is a fucking retard - his footballing intelligence is worse than Ifill. Benyon did what he's paid to do - put the ball in the net, which he did with fuck all service. Their goal was another defensive shambles started by a dumfuck unecessary challenge by Dossevi.
The movement off the ball was shocking today - some players were hiding. We really are a team very short on confidence and played like one today. This team is going down.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:50:07 »

re: the substitutions - I think Wilson was trying to bring on our more creative players since we create about 2 shots in 60 minutes. Didn't really work for me.
Prutton creative? 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: