Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The consortium will never be able to make an offer  (Read 3872 times)
townfanupnorth

« on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:33:58 »

I don't think the consortium will ever be able to make an offer for the club on the basis that they will never be shown the accounts and if they don't see the accounts they cannot make an offer as there could be hidden debts etc, we all know that the board will not show them the books.

For the board to more or less say last night "there is no consortium" is hilarious, James Wills must have looked a right idiot when he read out his statement.

As for Holt i cannot stand the guy, he shouldn't even be at the club after resigning, why did he keep slagging off the trust? if i had of been there i would have said why are you still here you muppet?

It is plainly obvious that the board will never recognise the consortium and never deal with them or accept an offer from them.

If the board manage to get their bumboy Andrew A to sort out a renegotitation on the CVA then it's going to be even harder for us to get them out.

Obviously we are not going to get anywhere until hundreds of us fans start mass protests and chanting, they were very comfortable in the directors box on saturday when "theres only one bill power" was going through the ground, i think we need to sing this more on saturday and louder to get the message through to them.

Also we need as many people as possible round the back of the arkells after the game as we need to show them how angry we are and how much we want them out, if we don't do anything they will really destroy our club and it will not exsist.

I call on all fans to make your voices heard on saturday!!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:40:51 »

Were you there last night? Were you at the Trust meeting on Monday? Will you be there on Saturday?

I'd say the answer is probably no to all 3. All out protest is just not the answer at the moment so I suggest you just STFU.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:45:46 »

I'm getting a bit sick of the "If I was there" bollocks going around today.  The fact is you weren't there and even if you were it wouldn't have been appropriate or worthwhile for one of the fans consortium supporters to call anyone a "muppet".  How unprofessional would that have looked.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:48:39 »

Exactly Jan, it's easy for people to sit behind a computer and slag people off - but if they'd attended the meetings I'm sure they'd have a much better idea of what's happening and would see it would be of great benefit to just let the highly paid legals do their jobs.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:56:33 »

I wasn't at the meeting last night, but if I was.................................

Only joking guys Cheesy

Tbh, I couldn't get up to Swindon last night (Work comitments) and even if I had, I doubt I would've opened my mouth (And even if I did, I doubt that I would have been very coherent!)

It's no surprise that they dodge the hard questions and deflected issues.

Until the Consortium admits defeat, they are the best chance the clubs got of getting rid of these clueless idiots.

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:02:30 »

I should make my last comment a little less hostile, i don't mean if you weren't there don't comment about the meeting, just that with hind sight everyone would have thought of extra things to say, but when you're in the middle of a meeting it's kinda difficult to just lay into someone with out making yourself look an aggressive pillock.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:05:20 »

That's ok Jan, you're Scottish.

Being aggressive is a national trait Wink

As well as drinking vast amounts of alcohol and deep-frying everything that's edible Cheesy

townfanupnorth

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:08:18 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Were you there last night? Were you at the Trust meeting on Monday? Will you be there on Saturday?

I'd say the answer is probably no to all 3. All out protest is just not the answer at the moment so I suggest you just STFU.

Living up north prevents me from going otherwise i would have been there last night and i would have gone to the trust meeting!!

My opinion is not doing anything is just going to make the board more comfortable! the talks arnt going anywhere and the boards solicitors will tell the consortiums solicitors that they are not interested.

That is the obvious outcome, nothing is going to go anywhere, the only way to make them listen to us fans is to protest, i'm sure people would agree with me!

I remember when the talks collapsed and it was posted on here, people were saying protests will start and we need to do something blah blah blah so now why suddenly has it changed to no protests???
townfanupnorth

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:09:49 »

I would have got angry if i had been at the meeting last night but its hard not to get wound up with the board the way they are, i cannot blame millom for getting angry because i totally understand how he feels, i'm sure we all do!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:19:35 »

The problem, imho. is that the fans are becoming divided into pro and anti trust camps.

Large scale protests will further divide us. I'm not saying do nothing and that's not what Sam's saying (I think).

A lot of supporters are reactionary and will see any demonstrations as a threat to what's trying to be achieved on the pitch, which will further fragment opinion.

BP and the consortium haven't given up yet, but what they can't afford is for fans to associate any protests with them, as it will only play into the boards hands.

At the moment it's a propaganda war, the best way to fight them is to get the facts over to supporters.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

What the fuck do I know?   :|

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:32:55 »

The problem is those same supporters that will see protests as a threat to the football do not listen or look for the facts. Unless you tattoo it on their forehead they just don't want to know. I agree it's the best way to win them over, but I just think it can't be done. We're in a lose lose situation, unless we who can see the problem can get rid of it before it's too late.

Going back on the experience with the manager from my work...when I said I spoke to Phil Emmel on Monday he asked me "and who's he??". It's true that these fans see us protestors as rebels but we don't have enough time to sit around and discuss the problems of STFC like a bunch of old ladies having a tea party. We need to take action. There isn't much of a season left now and if we leave it another couple of games there won't be enough time.

I'd rather finish up in league 2, have a great new Board with a fans' rep, than get promoted, go bust and not have a team.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:34:09 »

Haha ace, I read that back and it sounds like I'm trying to say let's tattoo the facts on their foreheads to get them on our side  Cheesy
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:38:09 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Large scale protests will further divide us. I'm not saying do nothing and that's not what Sam's saying (I think).

That's exactly what I'm saying. I was all for all out protest when talks "broke down" and a lot of people were with me on that.

However after hearing what Mike Wilks and Phil Emmell had to say at the Trust meeting it's now quite apparent they don't want us to go down that route because it could be dangerous for the consortium approach.

I'm not wimping out or anything, my opinon's changed and I don't feel the same way I did a few weeks ago. I'm still up for chants and whatever else may happen but I'm not going to encourage hundreds of people to gather behind the Arkells and scream 'sack the board'. I'm sure Fred feels the same way as well.

At the end of the day (and I'm sure I speak for Fred as well here) I don't want to be seen as the bloke who fucked up the consortium's bid.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:42:09 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"

That's exactly what I'm saying. I was all for all out protest when talks "broke down" and a lot of people were with me on that.

However after hearing what Mike Wilks and Phil Emmell had to say at the Trust meeting it's now quite apparent they don't want us to go down that route because it could be dangerous for the consortium approach.

I'm not wimping out or anything, my opinon's changed and I don't feel the same way I did a few weeks ago. I'm still up for chants and whatever else may happen but I'm not going to encourage hundreds of people to gather behind the Arkells and scream 'sack the board'. I'm sure Fred feels the same way as well.

At the end of the day (and I'm sure I speak for Fred as well here) I don't want to be seen as the bloke who fucked up the consortium's bid.

I'm confused. :?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 14:06:28 »

The problem, imho. is that the fans are becoming divided into pro and anti trust camps.

A lot of supporters are reactionary and will see any demonstrations as a threat to what's trying to be achieved on the pitch, which will further fragment opinion.

BP and the consortium haven't given up yet, but what they can't afford is for fans to associate any protests with them, as it will only play into the boards hands.

At the moment it's a propaganda war, the best way to fight them is to get the facts over to supporters.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

What the fuck do I know?   :|

good post.

the 90 odd% that has been quoted time and time again as pro consortium was optimistic to say the least.
 i think its morelike 50/50 or even less in favour of a takeover.
people are changing their minds like the wind.
i'm more than a little confused
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: