Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33249 times)
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:25:24 »

de vita was terrible hence paolo giving an earful at full time

Have to disagree, he's a decent player who has been very valuable for us this season. Thought he did well again today.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:26:05 »

Pleased with the result, another clean sheet and 4 more points needed to guarentee promotion (hopefully Crawley slip up next weekend and we take the win!)

Prediction of Plymouth promotion and Pikies champions is still on!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:33:47 »

Thought Attwell did a good job today, not many comments about the ref which is normaly a good sign. Their players tackle near the dug outs was only marginally worse than Bensons a couple of minutes later so I'm glad he only gave a yellow card for both of them as some refs would of shown red. Thought They looked more dangerous when Akinfenwa went off, he was asking to come off after about half an hour but it looked like Hoofroyd told him to stay on. Scrappy game but three points made up for it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:36:16 »

Thought Attwell did a good job today, not many comments about the ref which is normaly a good sign. Their players tackle near the dug outs was only marginally worse than Bensons a couple of minutes later so I'm glad he only gave a yellow card for both of them as some refs would of shown red. Thought They looked more dangerous when Akinfenwa went off, he was asking to come off after about half an hour but it looked like Hoofroyd told him to stay on. Scrappy game but three points made up for it.

Agree with that - the ref had a pretty good game. Only decision I remember him getting wrong was when Murray challenged their CB and the ball went out - it was either a corner or a foul. Think he saw the goal kick as a compromise.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:38:36 »

Hoofroyd......genius

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:39:26 »

Hoofroyd......genius
Why thank you  Smiley
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:40:03 »

Barely noticed the ref today thinking about it so must have done a decent job! Makes a change from the usual dross we get
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:40:40 »

Why thank you  Smiley

Don't milk it cunt!

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:42:40 »

Agree with that - the ref had a pretty good game. Only decision I remember him getting wrong was when Murray challenged their CB and the ball went out - it was either a corner or a foul. Think he saw the goal kick as a compromise.
That's exactly what I said at The time Reeves, a corner or a foul but not a goal kick. He could or should of also booked their player at the end for throwing the ball away but didn't, instead just used his common sense.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:44:18 »

Will be great if we go up on Saturday just as the Pox drop out of the playoffs.

Clap
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 22:38:26 »

Good win today, Northampton were certainly 'competetive' but we were the better side for sure. It's good to see that we can win and play well without (arguably) our best two players in Ritchie and Caddis. Thought McCormack was a worthy MOTM great confidence and aggresion to deal with Akinfatwa. Thought Risser also played well, did what he had to do. Won a lot in the air with a few vital tackles. Murray & De Vita also had good games again today IMO. Murray was intelligent and played a few great flicks. His chest off to Benson for the goal was a highlight. De Vita worked hard and his technique was superb, first touch was very good. Ran with direction & purpose, dissapointing finish from his chance though...

Cant believe Hoofroyd's comments, 'we arent far from where Swindon are' was the jist of what he said. - Get real mate. His side were far inferior in both possesion, knowledge and individual quality. I lost count of the amount of long balls and missed touches. Whereas we passed the ball well, controlled the game and never looked in trouble. Although Wes did make a few good saves.

Overall, good day and another step towards the title. Oh! And Ben Tozer is shit. One million pounds my arse...
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 22:52:55 »

26 clean sheets in 53 games overall this season, pretty much 1 in 2.

That is the reason we are top of the league. Top stuff!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 23:57:52 »

I thought De Vita was better than Rooney when he came on as well

Northampton were a strange mix of shite and an ugly effectiveness. Can see how they've pulled away from the bottom. It aint pretty but a lot of league 2 teams will struggle to beat a team that big and organised. That said both of their full backs were responsible for 20 yard 1st touches out of play  The left back in particular was a talentless lump
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 00:01:51 by Colin Todd » Logged
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 08:17:04 »

26 clean sheets in 53 games overall this season, pretty much 1 in 2.

That is the reason we are top of the league. Top stuff!

23 for the season in the league equals the club record from 68/69 still with 5 games to go!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:01:34 »

Yeah I agree but sell out ?
They do always have a good following but they have never brought more than about 2,000 to the County Ground, no way will they even get close to selling out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: