Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paranormal Activity  (Read 41485 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #330 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:52:27 »

Uh? I can prove lots of things. Like rocks fall downwards. I will drop one on your foot and see if you experience it. Like I get drunk on fifteen pints of Guinness - the evidence is clear. Like jumping off the Canary Wharf Tower will kill you (your turn this one).

What do you mean no one else ever proves anything?

Because that's not how science works. And it's also why science works. And it's why you've contradicted yourself so many times in this thread that you've come across as a bit of fool.

Science provides the best models, they get tested and used for predictions until they don't work any more. That's the whole point of the scientific method, everything get's tested and used until a case is found where something doesn't work anymore and then a whole new branch of why and new theories comes about.

It's why the scientific methods are better than blind faith in stuff, because it's built around testing things until they don't work anymore and then you come up with something better, not just sitting around ignoring everything which doesn't agree with your own view of the world.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:53:50 »

fuck me is this still going on ?

flammableBen

« Reply #332 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:54:55 »

Only to show Alan that if he tries a bit harder he might just about manage below average intelligence.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:57:12 »

never pretended to be, not like some people
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:57:46 »

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh nice edit Ben
flammableBen

« Reply #335 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:57:52 »

nah that's true.
Talk Talk

« Reply #336 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:01:46 »

Because that's not how science works. And it's also why science works. And it's why you've contradicted yourself so many times in this thread that you've come across as a bit of fool.

Science provides the best models, they get tested and used for predictions until they don't work any more. That's the whole point of the scientific method, everything get's tested and used until a case is found where something doesn't work anymore and then a whole new branch of why and new theories comes about.

It's why the scientific methods are better than blind faith in stuff, because it's built around testing things until they don't work anymore and then you come up with something better, not just sitting around ignoring everything which doesn't agree with your own view of the world.

Ben. I am very well aware what the scientific method is honey  Smiley

Gravity is a well proven theory. Funnily enough it works in reality. Like the theory of light or loads of chemistry stuff. Proof means that what we experience matches the theory.

So just fuck off, patronising cunt.
flammableBen

« Reply #337 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:02:08 »

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh nice edit Ben

Alan had empty quoted me, which I took as him agreeing with me, so I quoted that (forgetting that quotes in quotes don't show up), so nothing showed up when I quoted him. Then he deleted his post completely, so I deleted mine because I didn't want it to look like it was aimed at you.

and yeah but yeah.

People shouldn't be able to delete their own posts.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:02:41 »

POT.KETTLE.BLACK
Talk Talk

« Reply #339 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:04:04 »

POT.KETTLE.BLACK

How's the ghosts tonight then Andy? Had any ectoplasm splashed over your face?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:07:17 »

How's the ghosts tonight then Andy? Had any ectoplasm splashed over your face?

dont know, just came out of hospital TT

speak for yourself about the ectoplasm, not really into pervy stuff myself
Talk Talk

« Reply #341 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:09:48 »

Yeah well I have a bit of a shit cold and spent a few hours in bed this afternoon. Such is life.

Perhaps the ghost will heal you tonight.

Tara.
flammableBen

« Reply #342 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:10:05 »

Ben. I am very well aware what the scientific method is honey  Smiley

Gravity is a well proven theory. Funnily enough it works in reality. Like the theory of light or loads of chemistry stuff. Proof means that what we experience matches the theory.

Gravity is a brilliant example, rocks will definitely continue to fall to earth as predicted by our current understanding and models of it's affects. But then gravity is still a bit of a mystery, there's a lot left to explain why and how it works.

Which is why you come across as a bit of stupid knob dismissing other peoples experiences on the basis that they don't fit into your understanding of how the world works on the basis of scientific understanding, because it's the exact opposite of what science is about.

There are much better ways of disputing all the spiritual stuff without being so fundamental wrong.

Sorry I didn't realise I was patronising you, I thought you were just a bit thick.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #343 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:11:06 »

Patrick Swayze proved a;l this was true clever cunt he was
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:11:34 »

Yeah well I have a bit of a shit cold and spent a few hours in bed this afternoon. Such is life.

Perhaps the ghost will heal you tonight.

Tara.

Jesus you are a cunt
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: