Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 52369 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:31:19 »

They have taken it off facebook i think

No, it's still on there, just found it.  Registered my annoyance to the list and told everyone to e-mail Nick Watkins!
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:34:56 »

Thanks for the email addy,have sent Nick an email and asked him to please reconsider.

We'll be playing to a large audience and it's a question of maintaining our identity and history.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:35:54 »

Our biggest game in ten years and we can't even wear our traditional colours. It's pathetic.

If it really is a sponsorship/advertising issue then they should just get special 'home' kits made up with the sponsors reversed, a la the away kit.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:38:03 »

I've just e-mailed as well, it's important as many people as possible do the same so they understand the true strength of feeling about this.

i look forward to seeing what the response is?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #79 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:38:43 »

If the initial outrage goes beyond the forums and social networking websites then I dare say there might be a chance of the decision being reversed.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #80 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:39:20 »

not happy with this at all. was so looking forward to seeing the famous red shirts back in the famous red stadium

I've emailed nick watkins and had a good old moan.

I imagine this is sponsorship driven, that we've said to EA sports "yeah we'll wear this strip a couple of times a season, and tell you what if we get to the playoff final we'll wear it at wembley - deal?"

If this is the case, what would have happened had we met leeds in the playoff final

RED OR DEAD BABY!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:39:25 »

I really, genuinely thought they had their 'finger on the pulse'...perhaps not. Unless they reverse the deciision Hmmm
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:40:35 »

Why can't they just swap the logos on the shirts? Or is there some sort of FL rule that means we can't do this.
[/quote

Without seeing the contracts, there's no way of knowing. 442 may, just as an example, say that only they can be on the home shirts. We may be completely jumping the gun - it may have nothing to do with sponsorship, but its the only plausible explanation.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:40:38 »

From the OS...........

"We had to inform the Football League of our kit choice a few weeks ago," said Town Chief Executive Nick Watkins.

"The white kit is popular with the squad. After consultation with the players the manager's decision was to play in white.

"The team wore white in 1969 and hopefully Swindon Town can enjoy Wembley success again this year."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #84 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:40:46 »

Imagine if they hadn't announced this until the big day! At least there is a chance to correct the decision.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:41:22 »

I've just e-mailed as well, it's important as many people as possible do the same so they understand the true strength of feeling about this.

i look forward to seeing what the response is?

Absolutely...please everyone e-mail Nick Watkins. It only has to be a few words.

I really can't believe how pissed off I am about this!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:43:04 »

"The white kit is popular with the squad. After consultation with the players the manager's decision was to play in white.

I'm sorry, but FUCK THE SQUAD!!!

Any way, how can they inform the League weeks in advance. Two teams could have said they would play in white. FFS that is bollocks!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:43:18 »

I'm heading off to the country ground now. Anyone up for a protest round the back of the Arkells stand?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:43:37 »

Absolutely...please everyone e-mail Nick Watkins. It only has to be a few words.
And they should be polite ... remember it's not Bob Holt Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:43:42 »

From the OS...........

"We had to inform the Football League of our kit choice a few weeks ago," said Town Chief Executive Nick Watkins.

"The team wore white in 1969 and hopefully Swindon Town can enjoy Wembley success again this year."

I don't see how they would have had to have told them weeks ago considering that we didn't even know if we'd get this far, get 2nd or who we'd even be playing. Weird.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: