Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust should help buy Brezovan  (Read 16464 times)
digby

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 23:39:26 »

Just posted this on THAT other forum !!

Thought it deserves a wider [more discerning ??] audience !!

Listening to Dennis on the radio tonight, seems he's very keen to sign Brez, and actually said the fee to sign him under the option 'ain't very much' !!

I'm an ex member of the Trust, but do still contribute to the Red Army fund each month [ok, only a fiver !] - but I can't think of anything that would be better to do with the fund, than help secure Brez as a permanent member of STFC.

I don't know how much the fee is, or how much is in the fund, but don't you agree - it would certainly help, and would be a great achievement if we could pull it off.

It would be a great investment, as Brez will either go on to be a Town legend for years to come, or will get sold off at a nice profit to a higher league club.

Also, and not least - it might get the Trust some much-needed good publicity, and help to heal over some of the open wounds at the moment !!

PS - just imagine if 2,000 fans gave just a fiver a month to the Red Army fund - that would be......Huh??...... around £120,000 a year for Dennis and Gus to spend - just imagine the difference that would make at this level !!  

Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:14:42 »

Good post ...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:30:58 »

IIRC, the first option was set at £100,000. Could the RAF really raise this amount of money by the end of the season?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 08:24:55 »

FWIW, Paul Wardell (RAF coordinator) has approached the club to indicate there are funds currently available should the club need them to get in a keeper on loan while Brez is out injured.

Whether raising £100k by the end of the season is feasible is another thing - there's also the question of how well he'll recover from his injury. Some players never get over an injury like that. That said, assuming he does come back the same player, I'm sure we'd love to be in a position to help pay for him!
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 08:29:05 »

How about the club fund it?
Northern Red

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 08:31:53 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
How about the club fund it?

How about they're fucking broke....

Do you have this club confused with Chelsea or something?

:wanker:
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 08:55:58 »

I know the Brez situation is a bad one, but I can't help but smirk a little at the irony of the club using the RAF fund after the past few weeks.  Maybe it might serve as a little reminder about the hard work fans of this club do put it (as the RAF is a result of people giving their time and even more people giving their money) and the fact that fans just want their club to be secure.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 08:58:03 »

Broke?

Do you know where all the money has gone/is going then northern.

I thought not
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:16:01 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Broke?

Do you know where all the money has gone/is going then northern.

I thought not

Do you?

I doubt it too.

If the answer is yes, why not enlighten us oh wise one. Otherwise shut it.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:34:50 »

No i dont, but i want to as do many other supporters

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:45:46 »

a bit harsh on bart i think.its miss management of the books by the board on better than expected gates that has led to this seasons money balls ups.there should have been plenty to fund a keeper
Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:50:04 »

Nothing to know really Barty Boo. Club operates at a loss, generates no profit, money pays for servicing debts, players wages etc. We don't have the luxury of having huge profit margins, in fact i think you'll find our debt probably increases each year.

I'm assumming that you think Diamandis is pulling millions out of the club each month to pay for girls and crack?

Seriously Barty...
flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:51:34 »

I  think you'll find it's young boys and crack.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:10:41 »

Did anyone see on t'Official Site that Dennis and Gus had payed for Brez's mum to come over to England? Top notch I thought and shows how much they think of him.
DribblingSissy

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:39:02 »

maybe she's fit and dennis and gus thought it may help their chances of some action if they paid for her trip?? :piemonte:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: