Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Mclaren  (Read 2401 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 11:11:39 »

they wont get rid of mclaren, they wont be able to justify it, he was the cheap option anyway. the also wouldnt be able to justify getting someone like hiddink or scolari in cos of the wages theyd be on, think of all the shit with sven they got
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 19:52:10 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "StefPol"
England still have it all to do to qualify.  You have to fancy the Russians to beat/if not draw with England in Russia.

Whilst England's other games are all at home, the likes of Russia, Croatia and Isreal are no mugs, and i wouldnt be surprised if at least one of these teams managed to knick a draw against England.

But hey at least we didn't lose to fucking Armenia, I mean wow that must be pretty worrying to lose to them and having Portugal and Serbia so close behind with two games in hand. You'd have to fancy Portugal to crush Armenia and then home to Poland, well that's a pretty easy game, looks like Poland  still have it all do to qualify.

Yep your right, crap result yesterday.  Then again, Serbia lost away to Kazakhstan, and Poland beat Portugal at home, so i guess surprise results can happen -  Just look at England, they couldnt even beat Macedonia at home  
Macedonia have a much better record in international football than Armenia.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 21:15:33 »

Wll looking at both teams past history, i'd say both Armenia and Macedonia are pretty evenly matched
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 7, 2007, 21:23:47 »

Armenia are coached by Tommy Jones..........Armenia.... city in the sky.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 14:13:35 »

Team...........W....D.....L...Goals For..Goals Against
Macedonia..33....32...55...146.........177
Armenia......20....25...58...74...........188

Macedonia clearly have the better record. About twice as many goals but less conceded. Also when they played each other most recently in the world cup qualifiers Macedonia won 3-0 at home and 2-1 away.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 8, 2007, 23:04:36 »

Yeah but your looking at the past.

In the 1970's, Poland arguably had the best team in the world, and were a better side then England.  However if we look at the present, then it is clearly notable England are better then Poland.  

Also in past qualifying camaigns, Armenia beat the likes of Northern Ireland.  Does that mean Armenia are better then N Ireland ?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, June 9, 2007, 13:55:29 »

England have been a huge disappointment since 1966.  This is down to the F.A. not understanding what it takes to be a winning manager (e.g., Clough), and also down to the major clubs being bigger than the national side.  With the Premier League, getting more and more obsessed with big money, we will be selecting more of the squad from the Championship.

I hope England do not qualify, it will prompt necessary change.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: