Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 1175 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4391685 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17565 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 12:26:02 »

Having dealt with certain rock stars who have gone down this sort of thing Ive realised that people who do a couple of hours work a day have an awful lot of time to be convinced by conspiracies.  Its very easy to disappear down internet rabbit holes and and come up truly mental.

Can't comment on the rock stars bit, but within the wider population I don't think home working has helped as it gives a lot more potential to go online and go down rabbit holes (assuming they can fit it in around the wanking obviously!)

Seems to be getting worse, my Facebook feed is turning into a bloody bin fire at times - perhaps its just more prevalent within the late 40's demographic in West Oxfordshire).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17566 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 13:07:41 »

Can't comment on the rock stars bit, but within the wider population I don't think home working has helped as it gives a lot more potential to go online and go down rabbit holes (assuming they can fit it in around the wanking obviously!)

Seems to be getting worse, my Facebook feed is turning into a bloody bin fire at times - perhaps its just more prevalent within the late 40's demographic in West Oxfordshire).

I work from home and am completely well adjusted thank you very much.  I am also in the late 40's bracket, and even closer to some of the more extreme political views possible I assume.

That said, I schedule my wanking time so as to ensure sufficient focus on the rigours of my day job.  Best to keep things in order.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17567 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 14:42:12 »

I think what fuels a lot of stuff is the mainstream media won’t ever put forward anything that is in opposition to wokey narrative. Nobody can truly believe anything they see, read or hear these days.

Why doesn’t the trans question ever get debated? Anybody speaking out gets abuse, intimidated and, if in the public eye, cancelled. Keeping your head down isn’t a good thing in a supposed democracy.

You keep saying this, considering what Woke actually means what is the wokey narrative, as all it seems to be is 'people who have opinions that don't align with mine' which rather seems similar to what you are accusing them of?

As for the trans debate, didn't several posters say they were happy to debate it with you on here on the basis that if they disagreed with you they had the right to say so, as for cancelled who's that, seem to see a lot of right wingers moaning about being cancelled, the fact that they are normally doing so via the right wing press and/or right wing media would rather counteract that complaint??
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17568 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 14:58:17 »

Btw, this probably needs moving out of this thread.

Having thought about I really can be fucked with this.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:07:01 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #17569 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:17:01 »

Surely everyone understands by now that being 'woke' is just a new generations understanding of the world around us?  There will be posters on here who had parents that were racist/homophobic because of the generation they were raised in and what was considered culturally acceptable, those same posters have likely (I hope) grown up to defy those beliefs.  Those posters grandparents would likely have hated the idea of Elvis or Buddy Holly for example but their kids loved them.

This 'WOKE' narrative needs to stop, generational differences have always been there and we'll continue to be more accepting of what is tolerable and normal throughout the generations that follow us.

WOKE has always been there, it's the very nature of our species that we become more comfortable with how people want (and have the right) to live their lives over different generations.  The only difference now is that the internet is here to scare people.  

Tattoos, dyed hair, mini skirts, ear piercings, nose piercings, rock music, house music, they've all been the topic of people who want to 'cancel' things before.  What on earth is wrong with somebody being allowed to be who they want to be?  The animal kingdom, for exaple, has vast examples of homosexuality but for humans its wrong?  
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17570 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:19:02 »

Old people have always thought young people are ruining society. I remember reading this a few years ago which raised a smile:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171003-proof-that-people-have-always-complained-about-young-adults

The difference is that now we (to a greater or lesser extent) are the old fusties.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17571 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:33:39 »

Surely everyone understands by now that being 'woke' is just a new generations understanding of the world around us?  There will be posters on here who had parents that were racist/homophobic because of the generation they were raised in and what was considered culturally acceptable, those same posters have likely (I hope) grown up to defy those beliefs.  Those posters grandparents would likely have hated the idea of Elvis or Buddy Holly for example but their kids loved them.

This 'WOKE' narrative needs to stop, generational differences have always been there and we'll continue to be more accepting of what is tolerable and normal throughout the generations that follow us.

WOKE has always been there, it's the very nature of our species that we become more comfortable with how people want (and have the right) to live their lives over different generations.  The only difference now is that the internet is here to scare people.  

Tattoos, dyed hair, mini skirts, ear piercings, nose piercings, rock music, house music, they've all been the topic of people who want to 'cancel' things before.  What on earth is wrong with somebody being allowed to be who they want to be?  The animal kingdom, for exaple, has vast examples of homosexuality but for humans its wrong?  
Who mentioned homosexuality? Everything is fine when you’re an adult. Take whatever drugs you want, remove any parts of your body you want to. But not until you’re an adult. There’s a legal age for driving, drinking, smoking, getting married.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #17572 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:34:40 »

Old people have always thought young people are ruining society. I remember reading this a few years ago which raised a smile:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171003-proof-that-people-have-always-complained-about-young-adults

The difference is that now we (to a greater or lesser extent) are the old fusties.

Perfect, exactly my point.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17573 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:35:28 »

Young adults.

Not kids.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17574 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:37:35 »

Who mentioned homosexuality? Everything is fine when you’re an adult. Take whatever drugs you want, remove any parts of your body you want to. But not until you’re an adult. There’s a legal age for driving, drinking, smoking, getting married.

Who is removing kids bits?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #17575 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:38:27 »

I know homosexuality was brought up by me, I was using it as a broader example of my point rather than something raised on here.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17576 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:42:32 »

Young girls having double mastectomies.

A then 16-year-old teen is suing a hospital for providing her a double mastectomy which she says was “fast tracked.” The filing says she “may have been swept up in a social contagion and/or unduly influenced by social media.”

Doctors allegedly told her parents she would commit suicide if she didn’t receive the surgery despite no evidence of being suicidal.

“I was going through the darkest and most chaotic time in my life, and instead of being given the help I needed, these doctors affirmed that chaos into reality,” the patient said.

What’s your opinion on puberty blockers?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17577 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:44:22 »

Your wording suggests it's a case in the USA, not the UK - you'd would not be suing a hospital in the UK, you'd raise a case against the Local Health Authority/Trust, no?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17578 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:45:17 »

What difference where it occurred make?

Puberty blockers?
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #17579 on: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 15:45:35 »

My main issue with this new ideology is its focus on our differences, rather than what we have in common. It’s the antithesis of what I believe as an older type of leftie, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions after all.

I get the annoyance with the word woke, it used to annoy me when I was called a do-gooder(what on earn is wrong with doing good!), but the meaning of the word has changed and Horlock sounds like my dad complaining that gay used to mean happy.

I think everyone should be free to live how they want, so long as it doesn’t impact on others. It seems bizarre to me that the second point now seems to be offensive.

Also, there are very few conspiracy theories I’ll even entertain, however, it does strike me as odd that the left became so conformist and trusting of authority. It seems the instinct to oppose the other side is so strong it doesn’t even allow space for scepticism, a healthy dose of which we all need.

That’s a random collection of underexplored points of a thread about ex Swindon players, but I’m a working class man who works to much and has a young baby to get home to, so fuck it Grin

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 1175 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: