Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 1113 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4393056 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16635 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:08:19 »

The circus at Wrexham reminds me of when PDC was here and we were riding the crest of the wave whilst being deeply unpopular with fans of other clubs. (Didn't we have a random beef with Shrewsbury?)
It is a bit like the PdC seasons, it was always "Paolo Di Canios Swindon" as it will be Ryan Reynolds Wrexham".

It is a media circus at every game, and yes it aggrivates fans of other teams massively.

Why eexactly Shrewsbury (the fake STFC) got in such a grump over it all is beyond me, I think it has something to do with us stealing James Collins for peanuts from them, much like Manfield hated us for years after stealing Colin Calderwood from them. Also how we feel about Matt Ritchie and Boremuff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16636 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:25:18 »

Creepy tried similar, Salford took it to another level.

Its not all about money.

Although Wrecksome will have to abide by stricter FFP in League 2 than they had to in the conference.
"Allegedly" paying Championship wages to key players like Mullin, MacFadzean, Tozer, Palmer and Foster.

That will be something else Reynolds will moan and fucking whinge about being "its sooooo unfair" as he did recently with the only automatic promotion spot being top.

They already have done this, FIFA giving them special dispensation regarding transfer windows or something
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16637 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:30:24 »

Why eexactly Shrewsbury (the fake STFC) got in such a grump over it all is beyond me, I think it has something to do with us stealing James Collins for peanuts from them,

Plus from vague recollection weren't they and us the best two teams in the division by quite a bit with the title battle basically between the two, so I imagine there fans were moaning about us buying the title much like many are moaning about Wrexham.

As, a disinterested outsider, It will be interesting to see how far Wrexham go as whilst the initial financial basis is possibly similar (not sure what's happening at Salford, everyone seems to have lost interest), they are achieving a coverage and thus associated potential way beyond any other project I can think of and how far that can take them who knows. Just looking at the sponsors on shirts front and back alone it's different league to anything below PL.

Doing some work near Wrexham at the moment and speaking to clients the place is absolutely buzzing, they seem to have managed to engage with the fan base and wider community in a way that possibly Clem and Angus aspired to here but it didn't happened, so people not particularly interested in football have bought in, plus amusingly it seems to have become some sort of place of almost pilgrimage for yanks on holiday.

In other news I see SL Gladders, St Conroy of Wiltshire and Grant have basically kept Creepy up, so to be fair to SL he did what very few thought he, was capable of.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16638 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:17:34 »

Regarding Wrexham I have no beef against them and hope that Notts County also go up through the play offs. What I don't get is the media hype regarding the fairytale story when all they've done to date is gain promotion back into the football league after 15 years. Also let's not forget they aren't a small club like FGR and that they are the oldest club in Wales that were in the European Cup winners cup during the 70's & 80's and used to hold Wales international matches at the racecourse ground before they hit hard times.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #16639 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:24:51 »

Creepy tried similar, Salford took it to another level.

Its not all about money.

Although Wrecksome will have to abide by stricter FFP in League 2 than they had to in the conference.
"Allegedly" paying Championship wages to key players like Mullin, MacFadzean, Tozer, Palmer and Foster.

That will be something else Reynolds will moan and fucking whinge about being "its sooooo unfair" as he did recently with the only automatic promotion spot being top.

Not sure FFP will be an issue for them . Their revenue will be vast with their ticket sales, ifollow sales, sponsorships, Disney deal, replica shirt sales to tens of thousands of ghastly yanks etc. They have sold over 24,000 shirts this season alone. At approx £30 profit per shirt that's the best part of £750k right there, and that's before you've added any other merch.

Don't be fooled into thinking this is Salford 2.0. They will be a financial monolith in this division.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16640 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:39:11 »

I see Blackpool look like they are going to be relegated to league one what has happened to Keshi Anderson as you never here his name and dosen't seem to have played this season.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16641 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:44:18 »

I see Blackpool look like they are going to be relegated to league one what has happened to Keshi Anderson as you never here his name and dosen't seem to have played this season.
He has had 2 bad injuries in a row, still nowhere near fitness.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16642 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:49:13 »

He has had 2 bad injuries in a row, still nowhere near fitness.

Cheers JJ I hadn't heard

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16643 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:14:20 »

He set up the winner for Jerry Yates last week but was missing yesterday

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16644 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:30:31 »

There are American investors at Gillingham, Walsall and Crawley and it seems to be 'on trend' that Americans are getting more and more involved in our football clubs.

Town themselves could have had some American owners but I think Able Company might possibly have been related to The Predator  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16645 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:37:48 »

Jacob Murphy on fire at the moment

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16646 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:43:13 »

He set up the winner for Jerry Yates last week but was missing yesterday

Thanks adje

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16647 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 13:45:21 »

Jacob Murphy on fire at the moment

Spurs can't even sack the manager!

So, give no fucks
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #16648 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 14:57:49 »

Congratulations to Scott Lindsey in keeping Crawley in the football league, hes worked wonders since he went there, fair play to him, credit where credit is due.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16649 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 15:01:54 »

Crawley have just parted company with their DoF/CEO....
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 1113 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: