Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 1112 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4391589 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #16620 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 19:33:09 »

I’d have given my bollocks to have them take over here mind. Clearly a club going in the right direction, something we can only dream of at the moment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16621 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 19:39:52 »

Fair point we certainly wouldn't have turned them down if they wanted to buy STFC now wouldn't be surprised if they make it all the way to the premiership over the next five years or so.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16622 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 20:12:49 »

Quote from: Quagmire
I’d have given my bollocks to have them take over here mind. Clearly a club going in the right direction, something we can only dream of at the moment.

Quite right. But since they aren't taking over here they can fuck off.

We only had a taste of this attention with paolo in charge. I loved it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16623 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 20:22:42 »

Yeah, let’s be honest - we are just all jealous.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16624 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 20:25:17 »

Yeah, let’s be honest - we are just all jealous.
Spot on. Good luck to them. I’m happy for them to piss off all the big clubs!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16625 on: Saturday, April 22, 2023, 22:51:38 »

Fair point we certainly wouldn't have turned them down if they wanted to buy STFC now wouldn't be surprised if they make it all the way to the premiership over the next five years or so.

I hope not.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16626 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 00:05:46 »

I'm not sure i'm jealous. A smidge envious and the feelgood factor that their fans might be experiencing. However, nothing lasts forever - good or bad.

My overriding concern if Wryan and Wrob and Dan owned STFC would be...

What happens when they don't want to play ball any more?

Is it the hope/gamble/flip-of-a-chuck-e-cheese that they elevate sharply to ''comfortable Championship level'' status and thus an attractive club to purchase; maybe Tom Cruise next to buy the piece of Welsh real estate?

Do they, like any anomaly spike on an investment chart then crash almost as quickly as they inflated?

Wherever Wrexham get to, how and who ensures that that sustain it long term rather than just become the aforementioned 'spike'?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16627 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 06:29:25 »

Can easily imagine we’d have ended up on some preliminary longlists when they were deciding which club to acquire

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #16628 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 08:53:57 »

I can already envisage the cringe kowtow video of Clem and Aberdeen inviting the owners to the County Ground.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #16629 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 09:18:31 »

Can easily imagine we’d have ended up on some preliminary longlists when they were deciding which club to acquire

if the list included all FL and NL teams.  if the legal stuff was going on at the time that may have put the kybosh on interest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16630 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 09:33:52 »

Fuck Wrexham
100 fucking %.

Sick of hearing about them, prepare for days of it starting any time now….
Utterly fed up seeing constant posts about them on FB etc, with many thousand being Americans who because of "Hollywood royalty" support them. Truly does my head in, irrelivant little club and horrible set of fans.

There appears to be some media myth that they have always been a well supported sleeping giant
Indeed, they arent, they were an under performing and slumbering lower league side.

Absolutely, I am envious of the financial input from Laurel & Hardy or whoever they are, but just wish we had someone with the financial grunt to push us to the next level. Unfortunately it won't happen in my lifetime now, with our checquered history of owners I would think we would not be appealing to anyone with a serious amount of money to invest (waste) in a football club, they would look at us and run away screaming. Wrexham never had the shadiest of shady owners previously.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16631 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 09:43:27 »

Quote from: Jimmy QuitMoaning
gl

getting Wrexham into the league is expensive.

getting them into the premier League would take a megaeedge. Gonna need a bigger celebrity consortium

won't somebody think of the Salford and the class of 92 at this difficult time
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16632 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 09:47:16 »

The love fest for Wrexham can disappear quicker than it has taken to arrive. Even if they manage to spunk a shit load of money on players in the close season, there is no guarantee they’ll be successful. Ask Salford fans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16633 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 09:55:12 »

Creepy tried similar, Salford took it to another level.

Its not all about money.

Although Wrecksome will have to abide by stricter FFP in League 2 than they had to in the conference.
"Allegedly" paying Championship wages to key players like Mullin, MacFadzean, Tozer, Palmer and Foster.

That will be something else Reynolds will moan and fucking whinge about being "its sooooo unfair" as he did recently with the only automatic promotion spot being top.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16634 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 10:02:47 »

gl

getting Wrexham into the league is expensive.

getting them into the premier League would take a megaeedge. Gonna need a bigger celebrity consortium

won't somebody think of the Salford and the class of 92 at this difficult time

I'm assuming the Wrexham 'story' because of Reynolds & Mcelhenny has reached the shores of the United States. Should they hit the ground running in the EFL and they look like they might move up the leagues, surely with the owners global reach, securing added investment won't be a problem. I think Mcelhenny has an affinity with the Philadelphia NFL team so it's not beyond the realms of possibility whoever their owner is may look to get involved financially. Clearly the Premier league is an absolute pipe dream, you can't imagine their owners having the patience to be involved for that long, how long the honeymoon period lasts is questionable. There are American investors at Gillingham, Walsall and Crawley and it seems to be 'on trend' that Americans are getting more and more involved in our football clubs.

The circus at Wrexham reminds me of when PDC was here and we were riding the crest of the wave whilst being deeply unpopular with fans of other clubs. (Didn't we have a random beef with Shrewsbury?)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 1112 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: