Pages: 1 ... 992 993 994 [995] 996 997 998 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4391711 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14910 on: Saturday, June 11, 2022, 20:55:00 »

Was it ever launched?

it was in a dry dock!
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 11, 2022, 21:09:43 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14911 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 07:46:00 »

Some of our fans clamouring for Jamie Sendles-White to return as he's touting himself on Twitter. The mind boggles.

Seems pretty desperate times when footballers are putting a dumbed down CV on twitter asking people to share it. Surely that's the role of his agent, unless of course he doesn't have one and literally has to go down this route.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14912 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 07:47:22 »

Seems pretty desperate times when footballers are putting a dumbed down CV on twitter asking people to share it. Surely that's the role of his agent, unless of course he doesn't have one and literally has to go down this route.
I have seen a manager do similar recently. Not a CV but a pretty desperate attempt to get fans onboard behind a job application
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14913 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 07:55:23 »

I have seen a manager do similar recently. Not a CV but a pretty desperate attempt to get fans onboard behind a job application

Quite an interesting 'tactic' which I really hope doesn't become the norm. It does show the power of social media though.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14914 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 09:08:22 »

I hope so. It worked well this year

Without doubt, just unfortunate that we had to rebuild mid-season.
Credit though as the choices throughout were not bad.

Irrelevant now but still reckon if we could have kept the squad together from the first half of the season we may even have done better.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14915 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 09:11:06 »

Next thing a Sendles-White / Broadbent partnership.
😂
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14916 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 09:12:43 »

I agree i think we were just starting to see the best of a few of them. Good thing is we have a stronger chore at the moment now so add a few to them and we could be on to a good thing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14917 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 09:15:01 »

Quote from: ibelieveinmrreeves
Some of our fans clamouring for Jamie Sendles-White to return as he's touting himself on Twitter. The mind boggles.

really. I like the guy but come on...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14918 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 09:54:09 »

Without doubt, just unfortunate that we had to rebuild mid-season.
Credit though as the choices throughout were not bad.

Irrelevant now but still reckon if we could have kept the squad together from the first half of the season we may even have done better.
Not sure about that. I think that Tomlinson, O'Brien and Cooper made the team much better. If two of the 3 weren't injured  I think we would have gone on to make autos. Critchlow had a couple of decent performances, but was prone to mistakes and very poor after the Covid break.

Gilbert had a couple of flashes but was generally poor. Barry was inconsistent. His poor was very poor, but at times he was superb.

Simpson and Davison both scored goals. Simpson was the better player as far as I could see. He played well with McKirdy and didn't occupy the same space.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 11:08:00 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #14919 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 11:04:37 »

really. I like the guy but come on...

But he is a Town legend, the flag wavers said so

I come from a land down-under
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14920 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 11:11:35 »

Not sure about that. I think that Tomlinson, O'Brien and Cooper made the team much better. If two of the 3 weren't injured  I think we would have gone on to make autos. Critchlow had a couple of decent performances, but was prone to mistakes and very poor after the Covid break.

Gilbert had a couple of flashes but was generally poor. Barry was inconsistent. His poor was very poor, but at times he was superb.

Simpson and Davison both scored goals. Simpson was the better player as far as I could see. He played well with McKirdy and didn't occupy the same space.

I have a feeling we will see Barry again. I really hope so
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14921 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 11:18:55 »

Definitely more to come from Barry.
Last season he looked like a young kid with a lot of potential making his first steps in professional men’s football - which is exactly what he was.

Think his trajectory will sharply go up with a full season here. Be nice to have here early enough for pre season although unlikely I’d have thought
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14922 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 12:07:52 »

Would happily have Barry back, at times he looked fairly poor and lost interest but at other times he looked almost a world beater, if he could improve his decision making in and around the box he will be a great asset, some of the close control and turns he did were amazing at any level of football.

Just sometimes I wish he looked up and passed rather than taking a shot from a tight angle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14923 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 12:16:35 »

The problem with Barry is that if he did start to show his brilliance, how long would it take for Villa to notice we had served our purpose and recall him?,  which is exactly what happened last season,  the  Man City game cost us more than just a place in the next round of the FAC,  we may have been promoted comfortably had we not drawn attention to the loanees we were culturing.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14924 on: Sunday, June 12, 2022, 13:10:30 »

Barry improved to me once he learned that he was here to make the team better and not just himself.

The first couple of games when he lost the ball he seemed to just shrug & wait for someone else to win it back for him. About the third or fourth game in his mindset changed and he was hustling back and he was much better.

So yes, I would be happy if he came back
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 994 [995] 996 997 998 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: