Pages: 1 ... 973 974 975 [976] 977 978 979 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4392221 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14625 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:09:58 »

I expect the budget will be increased but expected to stretch further.

Let’s say for arguments sake Conroy and Payne earn 3k a week each (this number is purely fictitious) because their contracts are from a previous regime. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were offered say 2k a week each and then we’d signed another two new players on 1.5k a week.

Therefore we’re cutting contracts but increasing the budget but also the number of players.

All guess work

Based upon pretty much sod all, that seems high. I recall there was a splash a couple of years back that the highest paid player in L2 was on just over £2k a week, I really cannot imagine we would be either a) one of the highest payers in this league (especially under the circumstances that most contracts were negotiated) and b) even those who came down with us would, I imagine, have taken a pretty hefty pay cut on relegation. Power was a lot of things, but profligate wasn't one of them.

But to be honest, who really knows.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14626 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:32:29 »

Our contracts from last season are on public record with the EFL, there was an article with them in.
Don’t have them to hand at the moment, but Payne was the highest paid player, albeit it turns out we are only paying half (2.5k)

Baudry & Conroy were both on 3k or just over from what I recall.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14627 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:36:14 »

Based upon pretty much sod all, that seems high. I recall there was a splash a couple of years back that the highest paid player in L2 was on just over £2k a week, I really cannot imagine we would be either a) one of the highest payers in this league (especially under the circumstances that most contracts were negotiated) and b) even those who came down with us would, I imagine, have taken a pretty hefty pay cut on relegation. Power was a lot of things, but profligate wasn't one of them.

Those numbers are fictitious as I stated. They were just used to prove the maths I was suggesting.

I could have picked any number out the air.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14628 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:40:35 »

Anyone who joined before this season was supposedly wage-capped at £1200 pw due to the embargo.

So how come Payne could be on double that?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14629 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:41:32 »

Both Salford and FGR have players earning in excess of £4k pw according to their accounts, Salford had 1 player Richie Towell who turned down £5k pw with Championship(at the time) Rotherham to join Salford for more money.

This season they have 1 player on £4,600pw and more than half on £2k+, apparently.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/salford-city/

Last seasons wages.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14630 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:42:38 »

Anyone who joined before this season was supposedly wage-capped at £1200 pw due to the embargo.

So how come Payne could be on double that?
I understand the figure was £1,600 and slightly more than half of Paynes wages were paid by Lincoln as part of his transfer to us, that deal ends in the Summer.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14631 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:46:32 »

Both Salford and FGR have players earning in excess of £4k pw according to their accounts, Salford had 1 player Richie Towell who turned down £5k pw with Championship(at the time) Rotherham to join Salford for more money.

This season they have 1 player on £4,600pw and more than half on £2k+, apparently.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/salford-city/

Last seasons wages.

On that basis Payne is on over £5k a week apparently.... https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/swindon-town/ and 11 of our squad are getting over the cap?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14632 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 10:50:09 »

On that basis Payne is on over £5k a week apparently.... https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/swindon-town/ and 11 of our squad are getting over the cap?
Possibly so as that was last seasons figures, as contracts had to be honoured and only new signings had to adhere to the wage cap imposed by the EFL.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14633 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 11:20:20 »

Indeed, Payne’s salary was from the season before embargo, as were the others that stayed with us.

I thought the limit applied to anyone signed after, which is why I’m not sure that the Williams figure is right, unless it includes some signing bonus which is spread over the season?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14634 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 11:46:11 »

That's the point on the budget quandary.  Five or six of our players could be earning enough to pay 10 or more players at the rate we were limited by the Embargo.  It's not impossible that those old contracts will not be maintained, and instead big cuts are coming for those players to remain at Swindon.  However, we can afford more players or to bump the existing squad up a bit as a result without any change to the actual budget.

If you were a player seeing that coming, and you were one of the five or six, you'd be advertising budget cuts to anyone asking why you are grumpy.

Given the story sold at the point of Clem taking ownership though, you would like to think there would at least be an increased squad budget as well for next season, even if we remain down here.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14635 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 11:47:59 »

I dont reckon that website is correct, it has a Crawley player earning 10k a week in the highest paid player section
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14636 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 11:51:09 »

It's estimates, disclaimer at the bottom.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14637 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 12:34:17 »

Brett Pitman winning friends and influencing people at Eastleigh! Cheesy

https://tssc-eastleighfc.proboards.com/thread/5834/brett-pitman-waste-space

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14638 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 12:35:57 »

Brett Pitman winning friends and influencing people at Eastleigh! Cheesy

https://tssc-eastleighfc.proboards.com/thread/5834/brett-pitman-waste-space

Rovers have soared since they got rid of him.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14639 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 13:14:16 »

Rovers have soared since they got rid of him.
Found his true level.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 975 [976] 977 978 979 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: