Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51493 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:08:14 »

Football's amazing, if that match had finished 1-0 to Coventry we'd all be in such a different frame of mind.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:12:48 »

Football's amazing, if that match had finished 1-0 to Coventry we'd all be in such a different frame of mind.

We'd certainly be moaning about bad finishing!

I wonder if we'd have done as well last season had the last minute winner against Northampton not gone in. Something seemed to change for the better that day.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:16:02 »

Absolutely Jan.

Going into the last 10 minutes though, I was thinking how weird it would be if we lost, as was looking increasingly likely at the time. It would have been so out of keeping with the rest of the day - the journey up, the weather, the pub before, the stadium, the performance, the support, it was all perfect apart from the score line. I don't believe in fate, that's bollocks as far as I am concerned but you could be forgiven for thinking ever so briefly that we were just meant to score those two late goals.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:17:14 »

I wonder if we'd have done as well last season had the last minute winner against Northampton not gone in. Something seemed to change for the better that day.
It's called a defining moment Batch. Northampton definitely was one and I think yesterday will prove to be one as well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:23:08 »

The win just takes all the pressure off the players, the board and the manager. Hopefully Kev can properly get to work this week and results will carry on in a positive fashion.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:24:24 »

Only my second away game of the season (first was Walsall) so 100% record maintained and hope to be going to Brentford as well. Seems like I was drinking in the Greyhound before the game with the Flash and Victor Mildrew and a lot of TEF members without knowing it. Lovely real ale pub and the Golden Glory ale was gorgeous. Apt name for our performance really. Great day out on and off the pitch.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:29:40 »

Is that Badger's Golden Glory ale? Nice pint that.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:33:53 »

I sensed after the Bury/Preston games a lot of fans, myself included, thought the game might be up for us this season - this result/performance has got everybody's confidence back

Those people made me sick.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #383 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:39:38 »

My favourite ale that one....even if it is a girly peach flavoured beer
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #384 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:40:52 »

How many do you think we'll take to Brentford? Allocation is 1800.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:41:32 »

I had to check this season against 2009/10 under Wilson.

Two league tables:

From today
  - after 35 games

From 13/03/2010
  - after 35 games in 2009/10

I think you're right.  We're definitely better placed at this stage than we were then.  Norwich were well away by that point 3 years ago...but no one is pulling away this year.  Yet.

Interesting...it certainly looks a whole lot better this season, but appearances can be deceptive....look at this table 5 games later...

From05/04/2010

Tight for 2nd, on paper an easier run in that year, but we came up just short...don't think it be much different this year, nmaely 3 or 4 teams went to the last game still in with a shout for automatic. Don't want to consider PO's.
woolster

« Reply #386 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 11:07:54 »

How many do you think we'll take to Brentford? Allocation is 1800.
Let me guess, 1800 Yes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 11:27:15 »

Let me guess, 1800 Yes
I've been to a couple of games at Brentford where we've taken way, way more than our allocation in fairness.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 11:28:06 »

My son and I were comparing it to that match as we walked back to the car yesterday - obviously not the only ones to think it....

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 11:33:08 »

what a day , my head is pounding and ive lost my voice , but  it was worth it . Like others i didnt even know who scored the 2nd until we got back to the car , spoke to some cov fans on way back and they said we deserved to win and were very gracious in defeat. The only trouble i saw was 2 swindon fans having a go at each other at half time , with one threatening to stab the other . It was quite funny and pathetic actually as i knew one of the twats.

Also what a great journey through the cotswolds , stopped of in a few pubs on the way back , great day .Well done everyone

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: