Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Floods up north  (Read 7012 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 14:14:31 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
They should start the clean up operation though instead of sitting in a squash centre!

I still think your being harsh.

If your house was completely flooded and all your belongings were trashed you wouldn't be happy would you?

Also, some people are on very low incomes and don't have the money to rebuild their lifes.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 14:41:07 »

Funny how when something happens overseas and shit loads of money gets sent abroad, noone complains in fact spend all day on here discussing how bad it is etc. and then when something happens to our countrys own people complain about money etc.!  We wouldn't want our government to look after our own now would we.......... :-))(
flammableBen

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 14:44:13 »

Has there been an article in the Sun or Daily Mail or something today?
Lumps

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 14:49:30 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I thought they all lived in slums 'oop north' anyway?

Yeah that's right, I'm sat here in my £400,000, 5 bedroomed, 2 bathroomed Edwardian Sheffield slum right now.

But I'm on the good side of the city that doesn't flood.

As for the rest of it:

Lady's right, some of these houses were under 3-4 feet of water for a week and a half to two weeks. You don't sort that out by having a bit of a sweep up.

Carpets and soft furnishings will need to be chucked; a lot of timbers will need to be examined to ensure they're safe; electricity, gas and other utilities are still a problem; a load of white goods will need to be replaced. All round, for some of these houses it will take months, others may have to be pulled down.

And the "tough shit if they don't have insurance" people, have you always had household insurance yourself?

Those of you that have ever rented accommodation rather than owned your own homes, were you always fully covered? I know I fucking wasn't when I was younger.

And the £14million. What the fuck! I'm a bit more pissed off about the £30billion that GB and his mates are going to piss away on a load of nuclear submarine launched dick compensators over the next ten years.

Think how much each one of those is going to add to your tax bill.

It's not as if they're going to be too effective against medical students driving Jeep Cherokees full of exploding hair dye is it.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 14:51:35 »

The british public have become lazy with no back bone

Your back bone came from where ash?
Did you graft for what you own?

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:14:32 »

Quote from: "Lumps"

Yeah that's right, I'm sat here in my £400,000, 5 bedroomed, 2 bathroomed Edwardian Sheffield slum right now.

But I'm on the good side of the city that doesn't flood.

And the "tough shit if they don't have insurance" people, have you always had household insurance yourself?

Well let's hope Sheffield City Council raise the council taxes of the people who live in their £400,000 edwardian houses so they can pay for the bad side of the city.  

And yes I've always gone for insurance, find it covers most eventualities.  I find it's well annoying with all these people who don't cover their bases and bitch and moan when they get caught out.

My car was hit by an uninsured motorist a couple of years ago, did I get anything, did I heck as like.  Get insurance and cover your asses if not pay for the damage that is caused, by mother nature or not.  Buildings and contents insurance is as cheap as nowadays, no excuses.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:14:51 »

Quote from: "Lumps"

I feel for you.

Fancy living in Sheffield Sad

Thanks for the rundown on how many bedrooms and bathrooms you've got..................................

It's All Good..............
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:14:59 »

Yeah I actually did millom, wrong argument mate.  ive worked nearly everyday since 12 years old.  Backbone from how I got brought up.

Everything I own I borrowed the money, worked hard repaid it.

All I was saying at the start of this was they could start doing work on their homes to help it get habital.  Like clean up the homes, rip out carpets, beliee me by doing that it would help.  Instead they feel sorry for themselves.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:16:26 »

If losing everything you own is not a good enough reason to feel sorry for yourself I don't know what is.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:17:59 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
If losing everything you own is not a good enough reason to feel sorry for yourself I don't know what is.

They dont own it,the HP company own it.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:18:58 »

Yeah I actually did millom, wrong argument mate.  ive worked nearly everyday since 12 years old.  Backbone from how I got brought up.

All I was saying at the start of this was they could start doing work on their homes to help it get habital.  Like clean up the homes, rip out carpets, beliee me by doing that it would help.  Instead they feel sorry for themselves.

Who did you borrow it from Ash?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but loads of people work every day and don't become financial successes, due to lots of factors.

It's All Good..............
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:19:08 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"

Its not going to help you is it, its like when people cry over silly things.  When you have nothing in life, you can do two things fuck all and be over or work at it and get your life back

This forum makes me laugh

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:20:36 »

Who did you borrow it from Ash?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but loads of people work every day and don't become financial successes, due to lots of factors.

not a financial success, the bank its called a loan.  Then you repay it borrow more pay back more.  Im not having a fight, I find this whole place funny.

McLovin

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:21:09 »

I'm all for helping the communities affected, but not for replacing carpets and TVs of the uninsured. I just think that by not having such cover, you should be prepared to face the consequences that may arise as a result.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 15:21:43 »

I dont call it silly but anyway to prevent an argument Ill let you rant on.

All I gave was my opinion - what this forum is for.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: