Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tozer to Everton  (Read 6125 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 08:41:55 »

I can't stand the Adver stories about all the Prem scoits - I know we have to consider bids (Matty Collins being a prime example why) but I'd far rather get them on pro contracts and have them for a while and then sell them on if need be - then you are talking big money - like Leon barnett going to West Brom, Curtis Davies etc.

Tozer will learn with good coaching and first team experience. In a year he could be worth twice what he is now.
red macca

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 08:51:06 »

The sun says Tozer has a £1m release clause
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 09:13:03 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
I can't stand the Adver stories about all the Prem scoits - I know we have to consider bids (Matty Collins being a prime example why) but I'd far rather get them on pro contracts and have them for a while and then sell them on if need be - then you are talking big money - like Leon barnett going to West Brom, Curtis Davies etc.

Tozer will learn with good coaching and first team experience. In a year he could be worth twice what he is now.

What Moonraker said. Nail, head etc
sonic youth

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:35:38 »

agreed. i think lukas would have progressed far more if he played regular first team football with us this season instead of sitting in everton reserves.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 10:47:53 »

And then we'd have sold him for more than the nominal amount we probably got, with add on's of he scores 7 consecutive hattricks for Outer Mongolia u21 women.
glos_robin

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 17:45:54 »

Realistically any money we get for Tozer is likely to be around the £500k at best as IMO he doesn't have the attributes that will make Prem clubs splash out much more than that.
Increasingly top level players need to have good pace and be ball players comfortable with the ball at their feet with a good passing range. Both of these areas are where Tozer is weak and although he could improve abit these are areas that often come naturally especially the pace part so I just can't see clubs risking more than half a million on him. This could rise to around the million mark if there are performance based add-ons but there is no guarentee we will ever even get one of those yet alone get all of them and earn the full fee. Lukas J had a record of goalscoring and as goalscorers are hard to find abit more was splashed out on him.

Personally any deal around £500k for Tozer and I would snap the clubs hand off as I've not seen enough in him to think he could be a top level player. Most Premiership clubs set aside 4 to 5 million a year to risk on young players and most of this gets written off as more often than not depite paying a fee these players end up doing nothing....
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 17:57:44 »

I see the club are trying to up the price on the O.S.... saying to plan for the future etc... basically asking for more money IMO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: