Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One legged moany lady  (Read 4733 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 18:59:31 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
It may not be called a pre nuptial agreement but agreements to ring fence things can are are placed.

Its called a Deed of Trust for those who are in the slightest bit interested

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 19:12:04 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
It may not be called a pre nuptial agreement but agreements to ring fence things can are are placed.

I fucking, with a passion, hate the term 'ring fenced'. Was the phrase of choice not so long back that pissed me off so much.

Heather Mills is, frankly, a waste of human flesh. IMO of course.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 23:07:30 »

Is it?

If you put something in Trust, it normally means you can't ever benefit from it again. Unless the provisions of the Trust allow that.

My solicitor offered to draw up some kind of agreement when me and Nic bought the house as to who gets what % of the equity if we split and sell the house, due to me paying more of the deposit. I didn't feel the need and can't really see the point in pre-nups, if you  think you need some kind of agreement in case you split up then you're obviously not ready to live together.

And I've just noticed I keep writing Trust with a capital 'T'. Damn corporate infliction  :x
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 21, 2008, 04:59:19 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Is it?

If you put something in Trust, it normally means you can't ever benefit from it again. Unless the provisions of the Trust allow that.

My solicitor offered to draw up some kind of agreement when me and Nic bought the house as to who gets what % of the equity if we split and sell the house, due to me paying more of the deposit. I didn't feel the need and can't really see the point in pre-nups, if you  think you need some kind of agreement in case you split up then you're obviously not ready to live together.

And I've just noticed I keep writing Trust with a capital 'T'. Damn corporate infliction  :x

You can't ring fence your assists completely in anticipation for a divorce. Not currently in English Law. All your assets will be taken into account

If you're 40, been married to the same bird for 10 years, have kids together, and (more of a leeway than a decider) she's been helping support you in any way at all. Then she'll get some of your assets whatever you've previously signed (obviously it works if you swap the genders around too).

Unless you relinquish control of assets to a third party, or have a solicitor who's very good at saying you have less than you have. Then all assets will be taken into account whatever you've signed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: