Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 95514 times)
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 10:55:51 »

Was at the silverstone Grand Prix this year 140,000 on the Sunday, you need to take precautions depending upon your own circumstances, it is odd being back in a crowd, but having been to Scunthorpe and Cambridge this week, the fear wears off.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 10:56:48 »

Agree with both of these, as I said I kind of get it, but just wonder how it would be received on here if that lot up the road were doing same.

I think we know answer to that one. Standard football fan behaviour resulting in a multi page thread containing a lot of finger pointing and laughter.

I find it a bit cringy today but it’s not doing any harm, all part of the charm offensive. Highly doubt it was Clem’s idea and imagine he can’t wait to get it over and done with!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:25:12 »

I'm all for what Clem is doing. He's trying to repair the relationship the club has with the town. Lets face it, we've had cunts in charge more often than not and just coming off the back of the worst one of all.

Getting out there and speaking to people is the only way to do it. He almost needs to encounter the people with bad feeling towards the club more than the hardcore fans. We're on board already.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:28:53 »

When I first saw this yesterday on twitter I thought it was a bit cringey and naff, but today all I can think of are positives. He's engaging with the people of the town, making them smile again, bringing hope to the club. Absolutely fair play to the club for arranging it, seeing smiling fan faces is good to see.

As someone else said, (possibly JJ) it was on Sky Sports News earlier and is a good news item for once!  Yes

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:42:26 »

Power should have done the same on his way out!

He would have had a hearty farewell, I’m sure!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #335 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 11:47:28 »

I don't see anything tin pot or cringe worthy about what Clem is doing. Quite the contrary; I applaud him for rolling his sleeves up and taking time to get out and engage with new and existing fans . There is a lot of damage to repair and  being visible and taking time to meet people goes a long way towards that. If he can flog a few season tickets along the way then even better.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:14:33 »

If it was Oxford's Chairman, I bet some would be slagging it off saying it stinks of desperation.

Fair play to Clem though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:16:05 »

As Abraham Lincoln (may well not have) said...

You can please some of the people all of time
You can please all of the people some of the time
But you can't please all of the people all of the time...

Whether he said it or not, it's as true today as it was back then...and I'm sure Clem knows it only too well. I don't think you can fault what he's doing personally...
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:18:35 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:22:17 »

I wonder how many people he'll bump into in town during the day, with even fewer than usual about due to homeworking? He should do a pub crawl in the evening, when people's judgment might also be sufficiently impaired to sign up on the spot.
 Beers

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #339 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:25:54 »

If it was Oxford's Chairman, I bet some would be slagging it off saying it stinks of desperation.

Fair play to Clem though.
That is football for you
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 12:45:57 »

SAF went around Aberdeen in a van or car on match day with a megaphone urging people to go to their home games. That turned out ok.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 13:00:45 »

Build it and they will come, Spread the word or ....both.

I like what hes doing.

The relationship between the fans, town and club had gone toxic.

Clems Army!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 14:20:34 »

I had something similar when I renewed mine a couple of weeks ago. In the end, I forwarded the email from my main email account to a separate gmail account that I have. The link from that account to my google pay app then worked OK.

Did this and it worked fine. Have to open it from the email the Gpay was registered to! I use a yahoo address for STFC... Thanks for the tip
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 14:20:40 »

I applaud him for rolling his sleeves up and taking time to get out and engage with new and existing fans .

The bloke is definitely a grafter. You can see how he has been successful.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, August 12, 2021, 14:21:18 »

The bloke is definitely a grafter. You can see how he has been successful.

Just one letter away from previous incumbents.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: