Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 9624 times)
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 14:44:39 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Was i the only Englishman wanting the Irish to beat us by more than 31 points...?

I didn't want the french to win, but when i was watching the England v Ireland game i was with my irish friend so i didn't us to lose that.

But i would have rather the Irish win over the French.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #136 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 16:03:34 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
Quote from: "janaage"

If you watched the game I'd think you'd find that England should have won that but New Zealand held on extremely well. They are the best team in the world. I wasn't stating it as great achievement, but that level of performance would have easily won the six nations this time round.

But against 14 men any team should look like they derserve to win.  The fact that NZ beat England (considered 2nd or 3rd best in the world) whilst being a man down spoke volumes.  

So yes if England had played against 14 men during the whole of the six nations I would expect that they would have won the grand slam.   Wink

Yes it did speak in volumes. They are the best team, even with 14 men. I can accept that. However, I really do think they could have beaten any team in the world that day with 14 men. For one their style of defensive play can cope with the extra man; secondly they simply were better. However, given the open nature of the six nations this time round I can quite confidently conclude that what England produced against the All Blacks would have easily won the six nations if they had performed to that standard. This would have been because the other teams weren't so good. You have to remember that France were gifted victories against Ireland and England (because England didn't perform and Ireland didn't get going until they were well beaten).
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 16:21:40 »

This was a poor quality competition and although it was exciting at times the standard of rugby was occasionally laughable. England against france the best example.

Well done France as they were the best team, but they were nothing special
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, March 20, 2006, 16:36:05 »

Well done France as they were the best team, but they were nothing special

Yes In a way they reminded me of England prior to winning the World Cup,they just seemed to win[apart from against the Sweaties of course:) ] without playing that well,not that i'm saying we were a bad side just that it is a great thing to be able to win without necessarily playing the best most attractive kind of rugby.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: