Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LCD/Plasma TV's  (Read 10156 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 15:07:04 »

Thats mental Ralphy.  Cheesy

You're predicting that technology will improve over time  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 15:19:58 »

Spooky.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 15:31:03 »

i call him mystic Ralphy

STFCBIKER

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 16:43:56 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Sky HD shows in 720p resolution and no it's not worth £200 for the box and an extra £10 a month.

Pretty soon, more and more HD channels will start airing and prices will drop due to competition.

HD is a new technology at the moment so prices are high but they will fall.

I predict in 10 years time, standard definition (476i/576i) will no longer exist and all channels will show in 1080p or upwards.

I can understand the cost of new box but cant see what the monthly cost is for, they show old films on sky movies HD how does that work?

Think ill spend my money elsewhere, HD DVD player perhaps?

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 17:44:47 »

if you have a 720p hd tv then you might deem sky hd worthwhile?
its a matter of choice.with regard to old footage i'm guessing the sky broadcast is upscaled(or maybe the box does this?)to 720p quality.much like an upscaling dvd player would do.therefore not getting top notch hd quality but as near as it can get it.

all guesswork so i may be wrong?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 18:04:21 »

Quote from: "STFCBIKER"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Sky HD shows in 720p resolution and no it's not worth £200 for the box and an extra £10 a month.

Pretty soon, more and more HD channels will start airing and prices will drop due to competition.

HD is a new technology at the moment so prices are high but they will fall.

I predict in 10 years time, standard definition (476i/576i) will no longer exist and all channels will show in 1080p or upwards.

I can understand the cost of new box but cant see what the monthly cost is for, they show old films on sky movies HD how does that work?

Think ill spend my money elsewhere, HD DVD player perhaps?

No, buy a Blu Ray player. HD DVD is dying a death.

Warner Bros, as said earlier, have just gone completely Blu Ray. Expect others such as Universal Studios to follow.

Blu Ray discs hold 25 gb as opposed to 15gb of HD DVD.

From my experience though, HD DVD picture quality is just as good as Blu Ray. Toshiba HD players will drop in price soon and it's an affordable way to get into HD viewing.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 18:07:06 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if you have a 720p hd tv then you might deem sky hd worthwhile?
its a matter of choice.with regard to old footage i'm guessing the sky broadcast is upscaled(or maybe the box does this?)to 720p quality.much like an upscaling dvd player would do.therefore not getting top notch hd quality but as near as it can get it.

all guesswork so i may be wrong?

No you're not wrong fella and TBH, you can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p inless you have a big screen (46 inch plus).
STFCBIKER

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 18:27:37 »

TV is 720p 37inch mainly because its better with standard def (apparently!)
Think ill be leaving a Blue Ray for a while they are still quite expensive compared to cheaper HD DVD players.
Cant really afford it but am always looking to upgrade stuff that probably doesnt need upgrading!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: