Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68738 times)
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 22:28:35 »

5-0 and left just before the 5th.
Had even more reasons to be pissed off than all you lot put together.
My seat was next to that "Phil" for the first half.......ruined the day.just had to move the second.
Sorry but I thought my fucking head was going to explode. Must have repeated himself ten fucking times of pure shit.
Rant over. If anyone is misfortunate to have to sit with him then get arrested and get taken out.
Worthwhile for sure.

I had him behind me at Chesterfield! Persistent.
lambourn red

« Reply #271 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:22:22 »

Having had 36 hours to digest what happened on Saturday I think the anger has given away to pure shock at how easy we got rolled over. We had only lost one game by more than a goal all season and no one could have seen a defeat like that coming, my only worry now is how cooper gets it out of the young players heads because that must have wiped out pretty much all of their confidence and belief for Saturday .
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:33:16 »

I think the hardest thing about it is that Cheltenham were comfortably the worst team I've seen us play this season, and they've beaten us because they wanted it more. That's inexcusable.

Having said that, if it had remained 11 v 11 I think we would have snatched it. Sick to death of coming on here and having to moan about referees but seriously, how many of these big decisions have referees got wrong? Everyone can moan at Thompsons disciplinary record but 2 of those sending offs were ridiculous (and one caused us to get an apology from the officials!).

It's the FA cup, these things happen (to us anyway). Best just to get back into training and forget about it. If we beat City on Saturday this will be gone.
REDBUCK

« Reply #273 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 08:33:44 »

Christ, if they are that Flakey we'd better sell them on and get a new lot in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:01:18 »

I think we have lulled city into a false sense of obscurity.
Bad day at the office. This team doesn't become rubbish overnight. Move on.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:15:03 »

I had him behind me at Chesterfield! Persistent.

He burped straignt in my face at Supermarine Cool
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:17:53 »

My seat was next to that "Phil" for the first half.......ruined the day.just had to move the second.
Sorry but I thought my fucking head was going to explode. Must have repeated himself ten fucking times of pure shit.
Rant over. If anyone is misfortunate to have to sit with him then get arrested and get taken out.
Worthwhile for sure.

Time now to move on to City.

Hahaha Football Phil!! Haven't seen him for ages. Last I saw him was the last time I used the SAS Travel guys at QPR.

We had a guy in front of us that didn't understand we had some of the side stand too. So spent ages swearing at anyone in Away Arkell's.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:26:43 »

Could be worse, we could be Coventry

I was going to go to that but couldnt really afford two trips in one weekend so went to the Swindon game Bad Mood

Sir Pissalot

« Reply #278 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:40:45 »

Worthwhile for sure.

Time now to move on to City.

You're lucky that you could move.  I had him sat next to me on an SAS coach to a game up north a couple of seasons ago. I'm still receiving trauma counselling.   Head Hurts
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:51:13 »

He burped straignt in my face at Supermarine Cool
But most people do that to you anyway!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 09:57:39 »

Hahaha Football Phil!! Haven't seen him for ages. Last I saw him was the last time I used the SAS Travel guys at QPR.

We had a guy in front of us that didn't understand we had some of the side stand too. So spent ages swearing at anyone in Away Arkell's.

Football really does bring out some absolute howling specimens. I think I have already mentioned the guy who stands at the back of the DRS, who always seems to be totally off his face and just shouts absolute nonsense the whole game. How someone gets to be so angry about next to nothing is beyond me. At least Nathan Byrne is decent this season as 90% of his rants were about him.

At Upton Park on Saturday I was unfortunate enough to be stood (the whole away end was standing, plus points) next to a woman with the foulest mouth and an awful screeching voice. I had to feel for her husband who must have been ashamed to be seen out in public with that midden.  

And don't get me started on the awful, awful brummy accents!  Crying

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #281 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 10:05:21 »

Our 3 CBs are all good footballers - comfortable on the ball and great at bringing it out of defence, Stephens set up for Williams' goal at Yeovil being a good example.

Maybe that is half the problem, especially when we play the more 'rustic' teams. Their ability on the ball covers up their failings in defence - they all fancy themselves as ball players first and defenders last.

At least with Branco he doesn't seem to mind doing the basics of actually heading the ball.

The very system that makes us breathtaking at times is also responsible for the defensive deficiencies.

Is it possible to marry the 2?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:29:05 »

Confirmed that NT has a 3 game ban, subject to appeal

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/11591328.Skipper_picks_up_three_game_ban/

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:33:22 »

I wonder if we factor in the apology we apparently got for Thompsons previous dismissal? Surely that can only work in our favour.

Anyone who watches this simply cannot agree that it's a red card. The only people I've seen who seemed to think it was were all Cheltenham fans!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 11:52:09 »

I wonder if we factor in the apology we apparently got for Thompsons previous dismissal? Surely that can only work in our favour.

Anyone who watches this simply cannot agree that it's a red card. The only people I've seen who seemed to think it was were all Cheltenham fans!

I saw a few tweets that it wasn't just, but on most cases they're a bunch of twats.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: