Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC Vs Huddersfield Town FC Matchday Thread  (Read 30257 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 22:41:08 »

Great win for us. Austin didnt look to have any fear anyway, but there could be no stopping him now. He's got lots of assets, and I think everyone is rooting for him to score.
he looks to enjoy football and give a shit, more than can be said for his replacement tonight...

to end a positive- we won a game we'd have lost for the last few years, fucking good work town

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Barry Scott

« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 22:44:24 »

Enjoyed the game. Shit weather which caused them far more problems than us once we had it in our favour. Paynters goal was set up by a superb turn and pass/through ball from Austin, which was more than most of our other "strikers" have managed this season.

Their goal was unstoppable. The wind helped it though because it came down off the cross bar. If that'd be in calm conditions it woulda been straight into Lucas' chest.

They pressed alot but never stretched us to any degree worth worrying about. Second half they were comical. The wind really hurt them as the balls they ploughed up into the air regularly came back near them or went out for throw ins. I was worried when Robinson came on because he was getting amusing levels of grief and thought it might irritate him. Fortunately it appeared he didn't quite have the skills to let his iritation affect us.

Austons goal was a peach, class finish and class build up. Shame he got cramp again and was subbed, but no doubt this will lessen with more games and higher levels of fitness.

I'm pleased with the result, although annoyed that before i left i changed the score in the prediction league from 2-1 to 2-0. I bought the new shirt as well. Nice.

Oh, and Moonbowls reminds me of a Charles Causley poem from when i was little.
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 22:49:31 »

Great performance tonight. The conditions were terrible it has to be said but we coped with them a lot better than they did. We played some good stuff and the second goal was probably the best i've seen at the CG this season. What a ball, yes, what a ball from JFL. First he beat his man then he produced that and Austin (despite a bad first touch) superbly did the rest. Aimless hoofs from them in the 2nd half meant we were able to control the game. Cuthbert and Greer had their frontmen in their pockets throughout and Ferry was everywhere and my MOTM tonight. I'm sure many would agree.

Of all of them only Macca had a bad game really. I don't think these sort of conditions help his style but he was poor in general with his touch and cross. The rest though as I say were very good. We really need to keep hold of Ferry because he is class when he gets going. JFL is really starting to look good now as well. Here's hoping we carry this little run on for the next 2 games.

That's pretty much word for word what my old man said after the game to me on the phone. Gutted I couldn't make the game. It's a cracking result

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 22:50:31 »

I really enjoyed that - a great result and considering the conditions a decent game of football. MOM for me was Cuthbert. I thuoght Ferry was poor in the 1st half but I seem to be alone in this. JPM also was poor for the first 40. Both, however, were bloody good in the 2nd. As said, they were better in the 1st, we were better in the 2nd. I also thought Paynter was good tonight. A special mention thuogh to Charlie Austin - scored 1, made 1. Not only that but he's not got a bad first touch and is decent in the air and has a workrate that Hutchinson should look at. Its very early days but we might just have a gem on our hands.  
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:01:41 »

I thought Hudders looked livelier in the first half and struggled with the conditions in the second half. When we got the ball to feet we passed it around nicely for a while. My one main concern is that we don't challenge enough for what should be a 50/50 ball; the amount of times a loose ball seemed to go straight to a Hudders player was unbelievable (but that could have been down to luck  Smiley ). All in all a good three points, I had predicted a 2-2 before the game so I was glad I got it wrong.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:05:15 »

Superb second half and a really good win - it's results against this caliber of team that will make for a good season. I think they are the best I have seen at the CG this year.

Ferry was awesome, so many good tackles I lost count.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:12:49 »

fao those in the merlin before the game

the last time we lost a home game by more than 3 goals was against Bolton at the start of October 1999.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchReport.asp?MatchID=20000110
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:18:35 »

the last time we lost a home game by more than 3 goals was against Bolton at the start of October 1999.

I said it had been fucking ages.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:19:25 »

Great fun tonight. Good, hard working performance in poor conditions.

Revell can go back to Southend soon as possible.

I was pleased that the team made a fuss of LJF for his contribution for the second goal - sometimes it seems like he hasn't really been accepted by the squad. Then at the end he just kind of wandered off on his own, when if he had walked around the stands he would have got a good reception from the fans.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:23:42 »

Went to that with my brother in law and his neighbour (who was originally from Bolton  Sad ). He was ever so polite every time Bolton scored.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:27:02 »

Great performance, especially as once again we were carrying an uninterested passenger in MacNamee

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:46:12 »

ferry, douglas, paynter, greer, JP, Cuthbert... even manky and Lescinel - all legends tonight.

The thing I enjoyed most was that I wasn't nervous in the last five minutes. Rock solid, awesome.

And austin is a massive  legend!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:50:51 »

Don't you just hate managers who have a team sitting 5th in the league, have played the same side for the 8th game in a row, had won their last three games, yet haven't got enough perspective to avoid humiliating their own - obviously decent - defenders by naming and shaming them.

http://www.htafc.com/page/PostMatchComments/0,,10312~1885062,00.html

You stick by your players when one result goes against you. This is where Macmahon and King got it wrong. This is why Huddersfield will fail to live up to expectations.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 23:58:32 »

ha ha, he spent all that money and our cheapy charlie made him look a tw@t. twice.
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 00:00:11 »

Don't you just hate managers who have a team sitting 5th in the league, have played the same side for the 8th game in a row, had won their last three games, yet haven't got enough perspective to avoid humiliating their own - obviously decent - defenders by naming and shaming them.

http://www.htafc.com/page/PostMatchComments/0,,10312~1885062,00.html

You stick by your players when one result goes against you. This is where Macmahon and King got it wrong. This is why Huddersfield will fail to live up to expectations.

Clark was getting in a right hissy fit, kicking drink bottles everywhere and giving the dugouts a good punch.
Most amusing.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: