Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In defence of Vic  (Read 13107 times)
neilinlondon

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 11:43:21 »

Morning Townenders, and yes it is that 'fucking useless' co-com' from yesterday in case you were wondering. I'm not on here to offer a defence of myself for yesterday's coms - though am happy to conceed that for my part it could have been a lot better.

I'm on here today because I am appalled at the sheer nastyness and vitriol directed against Vic M..much of it completely nasty and gratuituous. Fine if many of you guys don't like his coms and you might have a point about his excitement levels when the oppo score but just postings like...Vic is a Cunt is neither big nor clever. Let me tell you that that guy drives all the way from his home in Exeter to report on the team he loves with a passion. It's so fucking easy for dickwads in front of a PC to type any sort of crap whilst half listening to the radio.

Firstly, the ISDN link failed as the coms went to air...this was nobody's fault...though a few of you manged to blame Vic for that. It was only down to his quick thinking and profesionalism that h=the link was re-established...and that meant that a clear descripton of Dossevi's goal was impossible for him...and i could only partially see it. So grow up. these things happen even on 5Live for fuck's sake. If certain people are gonna jump down the throat of any com for getting confused then perhaps u'd be better off going to the games yourselves once in a while, form your own opinions rather then moaning for the sake of it. I apologise personally for trying to bring a degree of humour into proceedings especially when one of the players is down injured and nothing is happening. I think whats going on here is that many of you can't get over the fact that ED has gone and...sorry kids he ain't coming back! Get over it. One last thing. Vic is a fan, as am I, and it hurts to tell anyone listening that the team are losing/have lost. Vic has gthe same emotions and frustrations that you do when we are not performing...so try and remember that before you callhim a cunt...again. Its your right to be critical but try and show a little more creativity and humour in what u say...useless cunt is just not funny. Though the guy who thought we should be on TMS did make me laugh. Rember it wasnt that long ago Brunell were literally ruining STFC coverage. Oh and tough titties I'll be back at Rochdale! Nobody had a good game y'day (aprt from Lucas) and i'd include the coms in that...we are human and have off days too just that same as you...try and remember that before hitting ur keyboards next time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 11:47:39 »

I was going to write a constructive and reasonable reply to your post but seeing as you filled yours with petty digs at us, I'll respond in kind.

If you don't like what is on these forums, fuck off.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 11:55:31 »

Firstly, I'm glad I made you laugh with the TMS comment. I like TMS, a lot, but the style doesn't really work in a fast paced game.

I appreciate that the technical problems are beyond your control, and that some of the personal comments about Vic in particular from some posters were unneccessary, and if any of them were mine, which I don't think they were, I apologize. That doesn't change the fact that those two hours of yesterday represented the worst commentary on live sport I've ever heard.

Vic is clearly a very passionate man, and a lot of people who've met him haven't got a bad word to say about him. However, when doing play-by-play commentary you need to have some degree of detachment from the game in order to keep the people listening at home informed; yesterday every goal came with essentially no buildup, and there have been a few games, notably Walsall, where the listener at home couldn't even tell which team has scored. That's just amateurish. Vic, to me, appears to be a co-commentator who's being asked to do a job he's not suited to.

As for your own contribution, I'm aware from your other posts that you've done it before, and I don't remember any of those occasions so I presume you weren't as bad before, but you hardly spoke about the game and kept de-railing Vic with mentions of Gyms, Funeral Directors et al.

All in all, it led to a horrible two hours of listening. I didn't turn it off, but I was far more tempted than I have been recently. I appreciate that it's good to be back on Radio Swindon, but that commentary was worse than anything Brunel FM ever offered up.

I hope that's slightly more constructive.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 11:56:39 »

Was at the game, didn't know there was such a who-har going on.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 11:58:36 »

Vic is a legend in my book from the 80's. Cheesy

Never really listen now...though. No

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:08:50 »

It's admirable what he does. But he's not good enough, on the occasions that I have to work and listen on the radio I have no real clue as to what's going on. He gets too excited. I remember thinking we'd scored a goal he was shouting so much. Turns out it went out for a goal kick. I'm not sure which game this was now, I was in Dagenham yesterday so have no clue of the problems you had. Or who you are, or what terrible jokes you were coming out with Wink

I await a thinly veiled dig at my intelligence.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:22:51 by b3nny » Logged

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:09:31 »

Nothing personal against Vic, I just want to know what is going in in a game without having to guess using crowd noises.

As for the "he's a cunt" comments, I can see why that may be upsetting. Personally I think the context (wrong word I know) of the forum is not obvious. Such language is often used without it meant as a personal attack on anyone. I'd just take it as meaning his commentary isn't to taste.

I didn't hear much of yesterdays game, just basing it on all the other games I have heard.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:12:10 by Batch » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:16:06 »

I like Vic, his passion is infectious and even if he doesn't give a detailed description of play you usually have a good idea of what's going on - I don't really expect much more than that. Yesterday was abysmal though, combined with the constant jitters with STFCplayer and your co-commentary nonsense it was almost unlistenable.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:17:26 »

Vic Morgan is a c**t
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:18:10 »

Maybe some of the comments were unnecessarily harsh and I don't doubt his enthusiasm or his love of Swindon Town.  However, he makes it very difficult to follow what is going on and I am often envisaging Swindon attacking in my head when it's actually the opposing team.  

Pericards goal at Walsall was an absolute classic. To anyone listening, there was nothing of any note going on and then suddenly a goal is scored, but for around 5 seconds we don't even know whether it's Swindon or Walsall!  Also, the actual score is not given enough.  Not everyone is able to listen to the game from start to finish and on more than one occasion I've returned to my car and had to try and work out the score by the noise of the crowd of the commentator's tone of voice, therefore having no clue whatsoever until it's finally casually mentioned 10 minutes later!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:21:36 »

Vic Morgan is a c**t

clit?
cast?
cart?
chat?
cist?

...?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:24:53 »

cunt

but at least he is our cunt, so cheer up and listen to the more sensible posters for next time

Listen to you at tthe dale c*-c*m!
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:30:51 »

I did't make any comments yesterday but i agree with most on here that he gets to excited when the opposition score and confuses people whether it's us or them who have scored,as someone mentioned there is hardly any build up to the goals and before you know it the ball is in the back of the net and we are wondering is it them or us who have just scored,Just a thought but maybe if he did't get so excited when the opposition score we would know who has scored.

I don't think the petty comment from you about try going to a game now and then helps your case and to be honest it sounded like something i would read on the adver forum,Most people on here go to the games and most have season tickets but not everyone has the money to go to away games with a lot of us with kid's mortgages and having to work etc so we rely on the radio or stfcworld.

Yesterdays commentary was by far the worst i've heard.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:43:06 »

I wouldn't take it to heart mate....those on here who slag off Vic really are a bunch of cunts.

But that's your audience....and not a lot you can do about it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 12:43:09 »

I was at the game yesterday but I've listen a few times on the radio this season to know what it's like.

I remember when Ed Hadwin wasn't very good and commentating but by the end of his tenure he'd obviously learnt a lot, gained experience and taken a lot of criticism on board because he turned into a really good commentator.

My constructive criticism to Vic would be that he needs to be more descriptive, especially when a goal goes in. Unlike tv commentary, radio is very unforgiving in that respect. I think it's actually great Vic gets excited, if he could describe the goal and the build up whilst being excited it would be very interesting commentary.

As for the OP's little jibes back. Oh dear. The BBC is supposed to be a professional outfit and we pay good money for that service. If you'd had any sort of professionalism you'd have refrained from comment. If I called my company's clients 'dickwads' I'd be instantly sacked.

I wonder if we sent your post to the Beeb whether they'd let you back for Rochdale. Lucky for you I'm not feeling that petty and don't really care that much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: