Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall-Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 24742 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 17:08:47 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Phil King:

"I'm sure Christian Roberts will enjoy something a bit stronger."

Haha quality.

Beers Christian   :nono:

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Dozno9

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 17:20:46 »

Quote from: "Zurich Red"
6812 in total don't know how many were ours.

Over 1,000 according to BBC
Bartek

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 17:34:58 »

So WE won  :twisted: ...Well...Thanks for JUTKIEWICZ !!! I'll write about his attitiude today on Polish forum :-)
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 17:53:00 »

Interesting comment from a Saddlers fan regarding Christian Roberts..
It's amazing what opinions people form when they only have 90 mins to assess an opposition player.  If only they knew..

Mark Wright, he's a disgrace. Big games require players to stand up and be counted, what a pussy Mark Wright is. New nickname; Darcy Bussell. Will someone get a video of Christian Roberts and send it to Mark Wright labelling "Proper Right Winger"

And just so we feel even better about today's result:

Beaten by a much better team credit where credit is due, Swindon were good.

Sid, Swindon were quite entertaining

http://upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=13443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 18:00:10 »

I made 7 sales at work today (Personal Best)
Oxford lost
Swindon win.

Lovely stuff!

Congrats to Jutkiewicz - My housemate's second team is a Walsall fan - Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 18:07:54 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
It's amazing what opinions people form when they only have 90 mins to assess an opposition player.  If only they knew..

Mark Wright, he's a disgrace. Big games require players to stand up and be counted, what a pussy Mark Wright is. New nickname; Darcy Bussell. Will someone get a video of Christian Roberts and send it to Mark Wright labelling "Proper Right Winger"

http://upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=13443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

According to Phil King even though much of the play didn't go down the right in the first half he still stuck to the sideline to provide the width. No idea if he was 'lazy' or not.

I guess it's an example of doing what he's told to do if that's the case, something Sturrock complained wasn't happening with certain players before.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 18:14:04 »

Interesting reading that thread. They seem to echo our sentiments when we first lost.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 19:39:46 »

After predicting a sound thrashing we turned in a great performance and won comfortably.

We were sort of 4-5-1 with Lucas up front and Roberts and Brown on the wings.
OK it took us 20 minutes to really be comfortable with it (i.e. start applying serious pressure). But Walsall gave nothing and for 70 minutes it was all us, bar a few long shots (2 good saves, 1 just dipped over).

We had width and peppered crossed in as Luggy suggested we would strive to do. Nobody had a poor game, but stand out players for me were J. Smith and Zaboub. Lucas did well on his own up front, Brown had one of his better days too. Roberts on occasion looked a bit lost on the wing, but worked hard for the team and put in a couple of good crosses.

Not sure if it was a pen or not. Frankly it doesn't matter.
lebowski

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 19:41:45 »

zaboub looks a player to me. if he's only signed up until january then i think we'd better get something a bit more long term on the table very soon.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 19:52:42 »

Roberts was ace today on the wing...

Its the first time I've seen him play wide right where he hasnt looked like he was hating every second of it
Amir

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:03:47 »

Roberts took a while to get involved and fluffed a few things early on, then as the game progressed he just got better and better.  Took it past their left back with ease at times, and put in some very good crosses.  He's a little bit caught out when it comes to tracking back now and again, though that's to be expected really.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:08:06 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Roberts took a while to get involved and fluffed a few things early on, then as the game progressed he just got better and better.  Took it past their left back with ease at times, and put in some very good crosses.  He's a little bit caught out when it comes to tracking back now and again, though that's to be expected really.

but when he was, he sprinted back to help out Jack Smith  Shocked
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:11:18 »

I agree, Roberts didn't look out of place at all today. Got forward well, stayed out wide and tracked back when needed.
Amir

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:12:08 »

Not saying he didn't put the effort in, just that he wasn't always alive to the situation which is to be expected from a striker playing right wing.  Hence, that's to be expected really Tongue
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 9, 2006, 20:26:27 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"

Some interesting stuff on the Walsall site there, a few points:

1) It makes a change to be given some credit by the 'oppo'. You know we did something right when that happens.

2) Sounds like the midfield played a blinder.

3) We moan that we haven't played really well yet this season and have failed to outplay anyone (until today perhaps?) but Walsall fans seem to be saying the same thing and it looks like maybe Walsall have flattered to deceive so far.

We can win this bastard league, mark my words!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: