Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 12914 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 15:15:19 »

flying in and out of Split, so will do a day or two there, and do the other islands too, but yes, in essence.

Make sure you take some time to visit Dubrovnik. Hvar is nice, but not very big. Split was nice as well, but preferred Dubrovnik if you can ignore the thousands of tourists!

I loved Croatia, the coastline is stunning.

Someone on here recommended the Plitvice lakes, which are beautiful. Really clear water and we arrived after they had had a big rainfall so the waterfalls were in full flow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 15:30:16 »

Hoping to go out to Turkey again in October for a week or so

I know I go on about her all the time Ardiles, but the missus has an apartment out there in Kusadasi so its handy enough to go to. Although I would like to spend some time in Istanbul, as its supposed to be a really cool place.

Cheesy
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 17:38:36 »

Sharm for a week in September and Agadir for a week in October. Can't come quick enough Smiley
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 17:48:15 »

i went to hurghada earlier in the year, off to estonia for a week soon

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 18:49:11 »

Going to Seville in a couple of weeks.

Any tips ?

Try as much tapas as possible, I can't remember the names but there are some amazing little tapas bars, google should help with the best. Drink Sherry, go to the Cathedral, use the hire bikes to get around, go to the royal palace, go to the Parc Luisa Maria and gorp at the amazing pavillions then go see the wierd 80s expo buildings. Go see the two footy stadiums, walk the narrow streets, hang out and drink beer. walk around the jewish quarter and suck up the history.

It's a wonderful city. enjoy
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:52:21 »

Try as much tapas as possible, I can't remember the names but there are some amazing little tapas bars, google should help with the best. Drink Sherry, go to the Cathedral, use the hire bikes to get around, go to the royal palace, go to the Parc Luisa Maria and gorp at the amazing pavillions then go see the wierd 80s expo buildings. Go see the two footy stadiums, walk the narrow streets, hang out and drink beer. walk around the jewish quarter and suck up the history.

It's a wonderful city. enjoy
Nice one, thanks.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:11:26 »

Just leaving for 2 weeks in Florida

See ya later chaps
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:15:19 »

Going to reading next week, closest thing I've got resembling a holiday this year.

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:33:23 »

See ya later chaps

Have a good one fella
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:33:44 »

off to crete a week tuesday
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:35:35 »

See ya later chaps

Oh. If you are going anywhere near Orlando Fred you might want to check out the weather forecast. Rain
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:50:50 »

Not got anywhere booked for this year but we are looking at two weeks in Cuba next April.

Think in another thread Samdy said he went out there a few years back - where and any good?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:15:06 »

Summer is over here.

Sad
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:32:05 »

Went to Djerba, Tunisia.  Amazing place for a relaxation holiday.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:45:44 »

Not got anywhere booked for this year but we are looking at two weeks in Cuba next April.

Think in another thread Samdy said he went out there a few years back - where and any good?

We stayed at a hotel called Playa Pesquero. It's not for from Guardalavaca, but the hotel itself is a little isolated. As it was all inclusive, that didn't really matter as apart from a few bars/shops in Guardalavaca there isn't a lot to do by just wandering from most of the resorts.

The hotel itself was great. I think there were 5 or 6 different restaurants to choose from on the complex, the facilities were good and it had it's own beach access (white sand, crystal clear water).

Would advise doing day trips/excursions though, otherwise you might as well just do an all inclusive in Benidorm. We did a trip out on a catamaran, there were also trips to local towns (inc. a cigar factory) to see the 'real' Cuba. One thing we didn't do which we wish we did was take a trip to Havana. We had the chance but didn't and we plan to go back just to see Havana.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: