Poll
Question: What do you think?
Town smash through the Beamish Barrier with 59pts or more - 11 (13.8%)
We reach Beamish Parity on 58 points exactly - 14 (17.5%)
Ken you believe it? 57 points or fewer - 55 (68.8%)
Total Voters: 79

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tracking the Beamish Line  (Read 20482 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 19:25:01 »

If we just replicate that last three games, we'd win, draw and lose in equal measure over the 15 games and manage 20 points, bringing us close.  Still a shocking state of affairs, to be working out how we exceed our worst ever finish in Div 4.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 21:03:29 »

I’m with Audrey and Adje - I’ve seen enough to think we will pick up the few wins needed to exceed that points total.

Unfortunately, I expect that results will be sufficient to see Gunning get the gig permanently.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 12, 2024, 21:29:33 »

I think it heavily deoends on the next 3 games to be honest. There’s a bit of a bounce as it’s not Flynn/Hatswell anymore combined with a new player bounce. If we don’t pick anything up over the next 3 tricky games based on his past history I fear Gunning will become a bit of prick if he starts to get questioned and we’ll just revert to type.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 01:55:43 »

Win 5
Draw 4
Lose the rest

Think the five wins poss come v Tranmere , Donny, Sutton, Grimsbeh, and Walsall

Draws v Notts County, Morecambe, Accrington, and Wimbledon {or maybe Gills }

Lose v Gills {or Wimbledon}, MKDonalds , Stockport ✘, Harrogate {fucking Harrow Gate} ✘, Mansfield {fucking Mans Field}, and Barrow {FUCKING Barrerrh}

I make that about 19pts. I agree with Nick Aud, that Town will win more than 3 óder 4, meaning that's a ''say fish'' {fish} bet but conversely also meaning that Town will still finish just below the oft fated creamflow drink line. I also don't think 3Opts is remotely achievable. Only my onion of course

Most likely to celebrate drown the sorrows with a few pints of Kenneth  Pint Pint Pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 18:49:19 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 07:59:44 »

The biggest propblem for me is just how long do these new additions stay fit. I do think we have the potential to win the more games than i stated but i just can't see the players staying fit enough for the remainder of the season
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 08:38:13 »

It's a bit more than a few wins isn't it? 21 points is either 7 wins, 6 wins and 3 draws or 5 wins and 6 draws. The last one involves only losing four games when we're away to three of the top four.

I don't think we're particularly bad right now, but we've left ourselves quite a difficult run here. We need to get almost half the points available.

I think we'll be two or three points either side of it, can't see it being far off.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 10:37:46 »

There is no doubt, under Gunning performances have been far superior to the last 10 or so under Flynn, we are creating chances and actually shooting.

In the last 5 games under Flynn we averaged 9 shots per game and 3 on target.

In the 1st 3 games under Gunning we have averaged 15 shots and 4 on target each game, small but noticable improvements.

In the last 2 games we have averaged 21 shots per game and 5 on target, if we keep that up we will start scoring more than a goal a game.

Against Salford on another day we could easily have scored 3 or 4 with better finishing and we came up against a keeper in the form of his career who made 3 or 4 top saves.

Defence is as always the issue for me, we can create chances from nothing but we can concede with the same ease.

I think we will win at least 4 of the final games and get a fair few draws, no team other than Stockport have really impressed me and we only have to be a bit better than average to get results.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 10:39:47 »

Again, albeit a very short sample, but 3 games under Gav = 1 goal per game conceded against 2 under Flynn.
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:09:51 »

Is it possible to get Beamish stout anywhere these days? Quaffing that at the season's end could be a suitably elegiacal way of bidding farewell to 2023-24.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:15:57 »

Not seen Beamish for a while
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:20:14 »

Well, I may be confusing enjoying the performance on Saturday with an upturn in confidence, but I saw enough to convince me we are far better than the arse end of Flynn. Sure, it’s a small sample of 3 games but Gav is right - we should have won all 3.

That, and I fucking hate the never ending downbeat, wrist-slitting pessimism that surrounds the club at the moment.

In essence - hope over expectation!
Anyone who knows me will tell you i have been one of the most optomistic fand you will have met over the last 10 years.

The never ending downbeat, wrist-slitting pessimism that surrounds the club at the moment is with very good reason, is it not? I genuinely can't see what there is to be optomistic about whatsoever

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:37:03 »

Which is why I just take each individual game as one off event - to enjoy of not depending on performance/result.

I’ve stopped extrapolating where we’d be if we won this game or that, can we make the POs, are we getting dragged towards the trapdoor. It’s not worth continually railing against something I can’t change.

I’ve done all this with previous regimes and where did that get us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:51:05 »

Is it possible to get Beamish stout anywhere these days? Quaffing that at the season's end could be a suitably elegiacal way of bidding farewell to 2023-24.

County Limerick in Ireland.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:06:04 »

I think it heavily deoends on the next 3 games to be honest. There’s a bit of a bounce as it’s not Flynn/Hatswell anymore combined with a new player bounce. If we don’t pick anything up over the next 3 tricky games based on his past history I fear Gunning will become a bit of prick if he starts to get questioned and we’ll just revert to type.

Become one? His comment on the fans at the forum shows he is one.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 21:40:46 »

Forest Green win away, but Sutton lose at home.

16 points clear of the relegation spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: