Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brazil set to host 2014 World Cup  (Read 1283 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 13:04:51 »

The 2014 World Cup looks certain to take place in Brazil after Colombia, the only other candidates, pulled out of the running.
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) handed its bid document to world governing body Fifa on Friday.

The five-time world champions have to finalise their bid, including government guarantees, by June 2007.

Fifa will conduct an inspection visit of Brazil in September 2007 before naming the 2014 hosts in November

Anyone fancy this?!?
http://www.members.shaw.ca/hangar19/brazil.JPG

:thumbs:  Yes

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 13:12:44 »

blimey. proper 10/10 there :wanker:
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 13:42:52 »

http://www.bluekipper.com/assets/images/world_cup/06/brazil_fan.jpg

Clap
http://www.football-media.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/brazil.JPG
Clap Clap
http://soccerlens.com/images/WC2006Babes/Babe10.jpg
Clap

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 14:27:27 »

The girls are cetainly better than their football stadia.

The Brazilian FA couldn't organise a piss up....so I wouldn't be holding my breath about new football stadia in Brazil. They've been trying to redo the Maracana for years, but it's just a dump now.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 14:46:26 »

Apart from the evidence above I haven't seen anything to suggest brazil would be capable and hosting a 21st century world cup.  

I think the USA or a european country will have to go on stand by.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 15:17:32 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Apart from the evidence above I haven't seen anything to suggest brazil would be capable and hosting a 21st century world cup.  

I think the USA or a european country will have to go on stand by.

Or Australia. Again.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
mattboyslim

« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 15:22:44 »

I understand the notion of sharing the World Cups around the continents - but putting the USA on standby as is suggested (the beeb website has a good column by Tim Vickery this week) is crazy - they've already had on WC, and whilst the game has grown it seems hard to justify when other countries (England included) have been waiting a hell fo a long time.  It's crazy something like 25+ World cup/Euro champs ready stadiums in place or planned in England at the moment.

It's be great to see Brazil do it, but I suspect that Fifa might have to think their ideas through once they've survived consective tournaments outside of Europe.
Hmonkey

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 18:59:16 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
The girls are cetainly better than their football stadia.

The Brazilian FA couldn't organise a piss up....so I wouldn't be holding my breath about new football stadia in Brazil. They've been trying to redo the Maracana for years, but it's just a dump now.

I went to the Maracana last year. The stadium was being renovated at the time. The bottom tier was all seater and they were just starting on the top tier. It's being turned into a 125,000 all seater stadium!

I don't know if I would fancy going to the world cup their as it's a really dodgy place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: