Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bournemouth Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54554 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:43:50 »

We are now relying on other teams results.

It doesn't look good at all.

It's the 1st of bloody February!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:44:19 »

Each to there own with opinions, but i think time is up with Danny.  I hope he proves me wrong, but just cant see him getting us out of this mess

This conversation has been going on for weeks now.  A couple of 0-0 draws at home and we think there's a glimmer of hope we're turning it round and then bang we concede three again.

As each game passes, Wilson's record becomes more and more dismal.  The only way we will stay up is by getting some luck and other teams falling apart, I doubt very much it will have anything to do with Wilson's managerial skills.  Unfortunately whatever happens from now on, we're continually going to be reliant on other results going our way.  

Maybe I'm being Mrs Negative, but I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of people on here tonight who don't seem unduly worried that we're now in the relegation places?

And I'm going to change my Avatar, I'm sick of being reminded of that night at the Valley and how it's gone so wrong since!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:46:07 by joteddyred » Logged
Coca Fola

« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:44:28 »

If the teams below us win their games in hand we'll be 23rd. Only 4 points above Walsall.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:44:28 »

We scored two goals, had one disallowed and had plenty of chances (Caddis right at the death).

It's disappointing to concede 3 (4 if you count the disallowed goal for them) but Bournemouth have been scoring for fun lately.

All hope is not lost.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:44:55 »

Like i said they are a good team..........but we needed something because of the two draws at home.
Yeah, don't disagree with that at all - but needing and expecting are different, is all I was saying
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:45:06 »

If the teams below us win their games in hand we'll be 23rd. Only 4 points above Walsall.

Which, as teams in the relegation zone, would seem unlikely
Coca Fola

« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:45:51 »

Really? 2nd at home against 20th? Don't think anyone was expecting us to compete, much less run them close. At least a point?
I was.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:46:11 »

It's the 1st of bloody February!

Don't worry Mr Moonraker, I just looked at the games in hand other teams have around us.

As faithful as I am, it's intimidating and we'll be keeping a close eye on each fixture. Hence, relying.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:46:37 »

but I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of people on here tonight who don't seem unduly worried that we're now in the relegation places?

We are all worried by it, but its not inevitable we are doomed.
Coca Fola

« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:46:44 »

Which, as teams in the relegation zone, would seem unlikely
Unlikely but not impossible. Anyone can beat anyone in the league this season as it's shit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:46:59 »

This conversation has been going on for weeks now.  A couple of 0-0 draws at home and we think there's a glimmer of hope we're turning it round and then bang we concede three again.
Actually the 0-0's at home worry me a lot more than losing away to Bournemouth. And I worry most of all about coming away from "should have won that, played well, but at least we got a point" games at home. Because that feels all too familiar from the relegation season.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:47:00 »

We scored two goals, had one disallowed and had plenty of chances (Caddis right at the death).

It's disappointing to concede 3 (4 if you count the disallowed goal for them) but Bournemouth have been scoring for fun lately.

All hope is not lost.

Agree and to be fair it sounds like we were decent tonight and didn't get much luck which is what happens when you're at the bottom like we are. Bournemouth are having a season like we had last season where everything just seems to go for them.

Big positives are that we scored 2 without and real decent striker, we had chances for more and it now sounds like we at least have some spirit and fight in us which wasn't there a few games back.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:47:20 »

It's not the end of the world. Makes for some pretty horrible reading though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
woolster

« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:47:46 »

i didnt realise other teams around us had so many games in hand, yes i know it counts for fuck all BUT, wovers have 2 on us Eek
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 21:47:51 »

Danny Wilson and Peter Shirtliff will guide us to League Two. If Fitton's plan is to rebuild from League Two, so be it. He didn't take action in early january, so with the transfer windows closing there is no point taking action now.

Let Wilson work his magic until May, and let's see where that takes us.

League One or League Two really doesn't matter, because I will still love Swindon Town Football Club - and I will still hate Swindon Town Football Club. That's how it goes when you're passionate about something!

Goodnight from Norway, 1+ hour GMT

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: