Pages: 1 ... 3118 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 3124 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9030464 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46800 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 21:11:22 »

Just to play Devil's advocate; as Swindon fans, history has taught us that we will let our good players go if / when the price is right, but that has been under different regimes. What if Clem et al fancy hanging onto our talismans? What if the loss in revenue from bums on seats due to the loss of HM, doesn't offset the lump sum payment fro the transfer

Honest I think the club will go for the guaranteed cash.

We sold at (out of contract) Rory Fallon to Swansea for peanuts. Relegation cost us more money than we got for Fallon. Sure no guarantee his goals would have kept us up that year but for the numbers involved would have been worth the gamble.

Also Charlie Austin but he wasn’t out of contract. No reason why we couldn’t have kept hold of him another 5 months.

…and let’s not even get into the extra money we would have made getting promoted to the Championship instead of selling Matt Ritchie…
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46801 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 21:41:32 »

Apart from the Fjortoft deal that Matt Ritchie deal was the shittest in history
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46802 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 21:48:33 »

Apart from the Fjortoft deal that Matt Ritchie deal was the shittest in history

Possibly shitter.

Even with Fjortofts goal we weren’t doing anything of note that season (aside from the league cup run) and we were probably going to continue on the downward slope regardless.

Ritchie’s sale literally turned us from Paolo Di Canio’s back to back title winning Swindon Town who were back in the second tier for the first time in 10 or so years to L1 nothing club whom makes up the numbers. Even if Black still wanted out - I think a back to back promotion winning team with PDC in charge would have attracted more interest than Jed McRororory.

Honestly,  now looking back - it feels like that was our last shot at becoming a decent football club again. Sure it was some what a house of cards liable to come crashing down at some point but who knows who might have been interested in buying us had we gone up. Might have even been able to get some genuine Middle East money wanting to ride the wave we were on. Would have been a lot cheaper than having to a buy a more established club and continuing that wave would have paid dividends if they could have done it…
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #46803 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 21:57:18 »

There’s always the Duncan Shearer sale to Blackburn - gave Blackburn promotion by virtue of The fact we no longer had him scoring goals for us and just being a bench Warner for them…
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46804 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 22:08:40 »

Forgot about that one!
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #46805 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 05:31:42 »

The problem is we are a league 2 club so don't really have much of a say.   If a champ club comes in offering £10k per week the player will go, the bid for the player would just have to be not shit. 

The Ritchie deal we didn't have a choice once Black pulled the plug, although we did get a decent sell on when he went to Newcastle. Well Power did.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #46806 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 05:35:55 »

The problem is we are a league 2 club so don't really have much of a say.   If a champ club comes in offering £10k per week the player will go, the bid for the player would just have to be not shit. 

The Ritchie deal we didn't have a choice once Black pulled the plug, although we did get a decent sell on when he went to Newcastle. Well Power did.

And in the same vein, Clem would. We just have to hope his ‘love’ of OUR club has more value to him than the money it can make for him.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #46807 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 06:06:01 »

And in the same vein, Clem would. We just have to hope his ‘love’ of OUR club has more value to him than the money it can make for him.

The sell on was paid direct to Power, and wasn't recorded in the accounts at the time (later restated once he'd gone) which I'd hope wouldn't be the case under the new regime. 
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #46808 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 06:27:15 »

The sell on was paid direct to Power, and wasn't recorded in the accounts at the time (later restated once he'd gone) which I'd hope wouldn't be the case under the new regime. 

I think you understand the meaning behind my comment but thanks for clarifying the minutiae of the selling deal and subsequent disposal of monies.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46809 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 07:32:42 »

Local Bolton rag seem to think Darcy is joining us
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46810 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 07:38:01 »

Pretty speculative on their part, they clearly don't know any more than any of us. Having said that, it's exactly the kind of signing we will be making so no great surprise if it happens.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46811 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 07:40:04 »

Guess work based upon playing vs Melksham:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/20253239.bolton-wanderers-ronan-darcy-heading-swindon-town-successful-trial/

This one suggests that his squad number at Bolton has been reallocated:

https://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2022/07/02/ronan-darcy-features-as-trialist-for-swindon-town.html
« Last Edit: Monday, July 4, 2022, 07:45:24 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46812 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 07:44:27 »

Andrew Black not hanging on another six months will baffle me to the day I die. The cunt is supposed to be a businessman.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #46813 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 07:46:57 »

Pretty speculative on their part, they clearly don't know any more than any of us. Having said that, it's exactly the kind of signing we will be making so no great surprise if it happens.

Agree, especially on that write up.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46814 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 08:00:57 »

Agree, especially on that write up.

Yeah, set to join us on loan? Set to join us for a fee? Set to be released from Bolton by mutual consent and allowed to join us?
Pages: 1 ... 3118 3119 3120 [3121] 3122 3123 3124 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: