Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New ODI Captain  (Read 2394 times)
Scot Munroe

« on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 20:17:14 »

Should be Paul Collingwood. After mr Vaughan resigned as ODI Captain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6763893.stm
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 20:19:12 »

Scot's posting BBC links again!

\ Cheesy /
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 20:19:24 »

Definately time for change in the one day team. Just hope it doesnt prove to much for him and affect his game.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 20:21:12 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Scot's posting BBC links again!

\ Cheesy /

Sarcastic Clap
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 20:37:39 »

Colly for me. too soon for KP and his batting form will dip no doubt if he got the job
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 20:44:51 »

colly, no doubt whatsoever.
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 07:50:00 »

Id like to use the one day team to help "train" the test captain of tomorrow - therefore had to be the Chef for me - Alistair Cook!
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 07:55:19 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Id like to use the one day team to help "train" the test captain of tomorrow - therefore had to be the Chef for me - Alistair Cook!

For once, i agree with fatbury. Long term this is a much better idea. Cook should be the person to take over Vaughan as test captain when he stands down and this provides the perfect opportunity to start getting some experience now.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 14:41:15 »

Quote from: "Give_us_an_S"
Quote from: "fatbury"

For once, i agree with fatbury. Long term this is a much better idea. Cook should be the person to take over Vaughan as test captain when he stands down and this provides the perfect opportunity to start getting some experience now.

:shock:
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 16:58:43 »

There's no decision to make, it has to be Collingwood.

He's a great all round cricketer with a good cricket brain.

Cook's too young and doesn't have enough experience, fuck 'start getting some experience' we want a captain who'll win us games now, not in 5 years time.
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 17:22:56 »

Monty should be the ODI captain.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 20:14:54 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
There's no decision to make, it has to be Collingwood.

He's a great all round cricketer with a good cricket brain.

Cook's too young and doesn't have enough experience, fuck 'start getting some experience' we want a captain who'll win us games now, not in 5 years time.

I disagree. Cook has a great cricketing brain. He doesnt have Collingwoods experience but he still has plenty. Colly is a great cricketer but that doesnt make a great captain. He has to bat, bowl and as probably our best fielder he has enough to think about; being captain as well i fear could be too much.

I think Cook would win us games now, not just in 5 years time, but the main aim is surely to rebuild a new one day squad for the next world cup. We cant change things over night, it takes time and a complete change of regime and tactics.

I think Colly will get the job though and i hope he does a good job. We have spent a lot of time and work over the past 4 years getting the test team sorted and we are now 2nd best in the world. Its time to get the one day team sorted and up to that level.
lebowski

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 20:20:21 »

up until essex's recent FP game with surrey i don't think cook was even considered for the one day side, so for him to suddenly be captain material is a bit of a joke really.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: