Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: thoughts  (Read 2833 times)
DMR

« on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 10:55:57 »

1. the australians are the still the number one side because they're clinical... we struggled to kill of the tail throughout the ashes and that was the case with pakistan

2. getting over the winning line... again comes down to clinicalism (if thats a word)- we struggled at old trafford, egbaston, trent bridge and now again

3. people saying how we missed vaughans captaincy... maybe, but the fact is the game didn't really need captaincy it needed a steady batting performance and it would have been a comfortable win... i feel for marcus who has once again proved himself englands best batsman

4. kevin pieterson... i'm still not sure  :?  i don't think he's got the patience to be a quality test batsman and i can't see that changing, he is just the way he si
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 11:10:23 »

The aussies are the number one side,they have dominated for so long,i doubt anyone [apart from johnno Wink ]would question that.For us to go top of the rankings we had to win 2-0 and the aussies had to lose 2-0,which isn't and wasn't going to happen.They also happen to have two of the best bowlers ever,which helps.
I don't think the tail was the problem is this game,i think we bowled well,and kept at it,in all honesty the bowlers were let down by the batsmen.
I think K.P is the real deal,but your right,his patience and ability to ground out an innings is questionable.Its alright to play the way he does when things are going well,but the shot he got out with today was awful.Sometimes i wish Sir Geoff could have a bat Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 16:19:03 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
1. the australians are the still the number one side because they're clinical... we struggled to kill of the tail throughout the ashes and that was the case with pakistan

2. getting over the winning line... again comes down to clinicalism (if thats a word)- we struggled at old trafford, egbaston, trent bridge and now again

3. people saying how we missed vaughans captaincy... maybe, but the fact is the game didn't really need captaincy it needed a steady batting performance and it would have been a comfortable win... i feel for marcus who has once again proved himself englands best batsman

4. kevin pieterson... i'm still not sure  :?  i don't think he's got the patience to be a quality test batsman and i can't see that changing, he is just the way he si

I dont think that was the case with Pakistan!, i mean in their 2nd innings they lost their last 7 wickets for 75 runs i wouldnt say thats a struggle to get them out.

We lost this test because yet again the middle order were unable to get any partnerships going(Freddie excluded), if only we had got another 50 runs. Crying
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 16:22:00 »

We lost this test because yet again the middle order were unable to get any partnerships going(Freddie excluded), if only we had got another 50 runs

And Butt not being given out when he was obviously run out Wink

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 16:22:48 »

Quote from: "larwood"

We lost this test because yet again the middle order were unable to get any partnerships going(Freddie excluded), if only we had got another 50 runs

And Butt not being given out when he was obviously run out Wink

Fancy having an Pakistani as 3rd umpire. :evil:
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 16:35:50 »

There were a few positives,we caught well and Tres and Bell batted well and i thought the bowlers were good too.So i don't feel too down- hearted its just set the series up nicely.  
Unfortunately i can't get back the lost hours of sleep :-))( ,at least the next test at Faisalabad might start a bit later Smiley .

And fate has just
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 02:08:13 »

KP and Bell will the biggest international batsmen for the next five years. the new lara and dravid if you will
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 02:12:26 »

I'd trade an Ashes victory over a win in Pakistan anyday.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 11:23:23 »

Quote from: "larwood"
The aussies are the number one side,they have dominated for so long,i doubt anyone [apart from johnno Wink ]would question that.

i haven't questionned that, i just think that if we beat pakistan and india then why not? we've proved ourselves against pretty much everyone and won. if not, then yes the aussies should be number 1.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 08:49:28 »

I'd trade an Ashes victory over a win in Pakistan anyday

Yes,yes,yes.I think we would all agree with that. :agree:
Beating the convicts in the Ashes for the first time in 18 years or beating Pakistan,no contest over which thing is preferable.

And fate has just
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 08:57:04 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
KP and Bell will the biggest international batsmen for the next five years. the new lara and dravid if you will

i agree 100%! give them time and they will be world class players
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 09:07:54 »

give them time and they will be world class players

True,[although i'm not sure about the Lara and Dravid comparison].I think too often in the past  we haven't given players a chance to prove themselves,with the contract system, players must feel a lot more comfortable and less under pressure.

And fate has just
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 27, 2005, 02:06:17 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

These boys just keep proving me right - sheer gold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: