Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 22709 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 23:14:07 »

I actually thought James Phipps did a pretty good job of articulating the ground ownership and responsibilities in his interviews.  The previous Board were very close to the project around purchasing the ground, and struggled a little to offer the same calculated separation of responsibilities, so I can understand some fans being a little confused.

It is now clear that the JV is the owner and custodian of the land upon which the football club operates.  The JV approves leases and development requests, and in both cases has provided a long term lease to STFC whom must determine their plans for development. 

The JV risks having to offer the ownership back to the Council if certain triggers are not met (although it seems unlikely the Council would actually force a sale back to them).

The club is expected to present plans to the JV (where they have a say as joint owners, but nor a controlling interest).  The JV's other partners (the Trust and Eady Estate) have a desire to push for development due to their common interest in seeing STFC be a success.

The only grey area for me, is whether or not the JV has the ability to enforce action - for example, if the club leaves the ground to fall into a state of disrepair, can the Freeholder enforce maintenance?  I would presume it can.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 05:51:18 »

I've not seen anything wrong with his tweets, trying to explain in more detail.  The exchange I saw was around a fan claiming the trust had to fund 50% off all developments, which is wrong but the fan wouldn't have it.
That wasn't the tweet that causes the furore though. That tweet clarifying 50% funding was completely fine.

The one that did was where he was gaslighting fans to lower their expectations of ground redevelopment, specifically replying to a tweet which was the plans the actual club outlined in 21/22.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 06:01:24 by ThreeDrawsMentality » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 07:08:03 »

If anyone wants to ask Tom and I non-cheese related questions on the LSPOD, you have any opportunity
https://x.com/LoathedStranger/status/1778053297028403589

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 07:26:33 »

That wasn't the tweet that causes the furore though. That tweet clarifying 50% funding was completely fine.

The one that did was where he was gaslighting fans to lower their expectations of ground redevelopment, specifically replying to a tweet which was the plans the actual club outlined in 21/22.

Keith Melon sees what he wants to see. He also used the cleaning of the Rolex clock as an example of what the money for ground maintenance was for.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 10:06:00 »

Interesting snippets from James Phipps in the Adver this morning. Apologies if this is old news from previous interviews but it was new to me:

“What we have tried to do is to say that these are the lines we want you to know."

“I can’t force somebody to give honesty, but what we can say is that if you are not honest and it is clear you are not honest then you are going to be challenged by The Trust on that.

“If you break the rules, which you did both with HMRC and the Football League, etcetera, then that is not going to go unanswered by The Trust.”

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24245789.truststfc-become-critical-friend-swindon-town/
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 11:38:32 »

That's the one I saw, and he seemed to get a bit of stick for that. I've not seen the one you mention.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 11:43:33 »

That's the one I saw, and he seemed to get a bit of stick for that. I've not seen the one you mention.
I thought his tweet was more like Reg's old line on Ground redevelopment 'wait until the diggers and builders are on site before believing it's happening'.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 14:08:38 »

The LSPod Trust Q & A pod is up with Bennett and Former Drummer Boy (Andy & Tom).

It's certainly one for any connoisseur of nervous laughter.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 14:22:34 by Nemo » Logged
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 14:35:31 »

The LSPod Trust Q & A pod is up with Bennett and Former Drummer Boy (Andy & Tom).

It's certainly one for any connoisseur of nervous laughter.

Cant wait to listen on the way home with gritted teeth!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 14:46:30 by iParadise » Logged
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 17:29:02 »

A good listen I thought, answered the questions they could.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 08:07:05 »

A good listen I thought, answered the questions they could.

I thought it was alright. Bit concerning how seemingly unprepared they are for anything going south, but I'm not *surprised* by that. Most of Twitter seems to think that it was pure Clem apologism.

I do think quite a lot of the online fanbase simply won't be happy unless the Trust issue a statement that just reads "they're all a bunch of crooked cunts" in size 72 impact at this point.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 09:35:55 »

They didn’t actually answer many questions though, it was very MP esq.
Lots of pivoting.

We still have no idea if the club has missed a rental payment for example.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 10:18:53 »

Surely the rent within 30 days needs to be in the terms of agreement and if it’s not they’ve made a mistake.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 10:27:51 »

Surely the rent within 30 days needs to be in the terms of agreement and if it’s not they’ve made a mistake.
Admin error.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 10:50:14 »

This has now been explicitly stated by the Trust.

I reckon payments didn't reach the account on the day they thought, but since "late" was loosely defined until now, at least publically, then this is a clean slate with a clear bounding and consequence.

Fair enough IMO
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: