Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: we'll never die........  (Read 5976 times)
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 00:52:53 »

...........we'll keep the red flag flying high , cos Swindon Town will never die. Night peeps

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 00:56:35 »

Good to hear that sung today. One of the songs that seems to have been sung less and less since the Fast Clapping People's Front took over. Very apt too.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 01:04:25 »

Fantastic in the away end today.  Clap

Danny Wilson got a bit of stick up in the commentary box as well, especially at the end - could that be heard on tv?
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 03:45:35 »

Just got home. Rooney deserves a shout as thought he played well.

Head hurts.  Pint
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 07:00:51 »

Danny Wilson got a bit of stick up in the commentary box as well, especially at the end - could that be heard on tv?

No, but " fuck off to the football league" could
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:34:47 »

I can't understand the animosity towards Wilson.
He built a good team that got us within touching distance of the championship; arguably our best season in the last 15 years.
He always seemed honest and straightforward and appeared to work hard for the club.
I'm sure he would admit himself that he allowed things to fall apart the following season, though this wasn't helped by sales of key players without the funding to bring in replacements.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:41:30 »

Nope could hear nothing at all, but the Town fans were way way louder than the prawn sandwich eating Creepy fans all game and the football league would have been left in no doubt who the fans blame.

A cracking vocal support for almost 90 minutes without a peep from the Creepy fans who made no noise even when they scored from the dubious penalty.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:42:04 »

for PdC

I come from a land down-under
woolster

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:19:15 »

He built a good team that got us within touching distance of the championship; arguably our best season in the last 15 years.
He always seemed honest and straightforward and appeared to work hard for the club.
I'm sure he would admit himself that he allowed things to fall apart the following season, though this wasn't helped by sales of key players without the funding to bring in replacements.

totally agree chelt, no disrepect to PDC but wilson had no where near the amount of funds he has had, and IMO league one was far stronger than it is now, as chelt said it did fall appart the following season but i cant bring myself to dislike him, there is a long list of failures before him to hate
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:38:10 »

totally agree chelt, no disrepect to PDC but wilson had no where near the amount of funds he has had, and IMO league one was far stronger than it is now, as chelt said it did fall appart the following season but i cant bring myself to dislike him, there is a long list of failures before him to hate
I understand that our wage bill was higher under Wilson and that Wilson actually paid more out in transfer fees than Paolo so your argument does not stand up.

Never let facts get in the way of a good argument.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:38:44 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:24:01 »

No I agree (more or less). Wasn't endorsing it, just wondering whether it could be heard. Might have been quite embarrassing if he was doing the post match analysis with "Wilson, you're a cunt" being heard in the background!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:37:50 »

He then went and built a shit team that got us relegated to League Two; easily our worst season in the last I dunno 25 years?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:41:16 »

who cares about Wilson?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:46:36 »

His wife, maybe?
sonicyouth

Ignore