Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 25974 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 17:50:42 »

Sums up the game. I didn't even cheer.

Neither did I, only a bit because it put me on course to hammer William hill to the tune of 9.50 profit 😁
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:15:43 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:00:30 »

What i
That post sums up our Supporters perfectly.
Exactly. Well,some

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:08:28 »

Clayton, Hutton, Gladwin, Khan, and (bar his near gift in the 2nd half) Baudry, all decent today. If Jephcott could have stuck away that chance in the first half, which was a good save, then ColU would have had to try to attack, and we’d have won comfortably.

A few experiments - some that worked (Khan gave us dynamism, Aguiar looked tidy when he came on, Shade looked up for it) and some that I’m not sure about (Ellis on the right doesn’t work if he shows the left winger the line - I think we need him on the left, whether it’s at the back or further up).

Happy with the 3 points though. Quietly progressing without firing on all cylinders. The low point was the Town End’s most inept performance for a while. 5 minutes in, a corner at the TE. Not a squeak out of them. Standard procedure to sing COYR for a corner isn’t it? Has been for decades. They were our poorest player today.

There’s no need for negativity after that though. After Gillingham, there really was! Today, ColU gave us another reminder about just how awful League Two is. They were so unambitious. Time wasting inside 15 minutes, and the players didn’t look bothered (much like the Town End). If you play to a 7/10 every week, you’re in the play offs in this league. 7.5 and you’re in the autos. We’re missing a bit of an X factor at the moment, and that’s where we have to hope that Hepburn-Murphy can get and stay fit, and that maybe we can get something out of Adeloye, or a January loan…. but I’ve changed my tune since Gillingham. We’re not a well-oiled machine yet, but we’re trending in the right direction and there’s a lot of bang average teams around.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:24:00 by Frigby Daser » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:28:15 »

That post sums up our Supporters perfectly.

Flat as pancake. On and off the pitch.
I guess if I was a superfan like you I might have seen it differently.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:31:18 »

8th in the table. No reason for doom & gloom
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:36:46 »

No, but the game was still poor.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:37:52 »

A happy manager

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 18:43:42 »

A very controlled game. Colchester were only going to score from a lapse of concentration/error which we gave them a couple of Half chances.
Otherwise a very easy game for sol.

There was a lot of prematch focus on getting the ball wide and lyndsey said they had been working on it a lot.
This was our biggest issue today. Darcy if he plays needs to be in the number 10 role. Float in the centre of the pitch and sit behind the strikers.

Centre mid was completely empty today and was such a poor performance from darcy in terms of where he played and impact. Ricky came on and showed what we needed from that position.

I say it every week it seems but again our subs won the game. Aguair was very good and shade is a brilliant sub to cause havoc late on.

A draw would have been a travesty. More control and focus in the centre mid areas and we could have attacked better. Colchester were no 5 at the back team there were spaces down the middle to exploit.

I usually argue with people who say the [away team] were fucking shit but they truly were today. Devoid of ideas and ball retention it was our game to lose. Just like newport we saw the game out very comfortably.

League table looks better.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 19:04:45 »

Flat as pancake. On and off the pitch.
I guess if I was a superfan like you I might have seen it differently.

Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I would expect Supporters to cheer a goal or be happy with a win.
Maybe I’m different.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 21:08:15 »

Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I would expect Supporters to cheer a goal or be happy with a win.
Maybe I’m different.
No we all cheered, it's 4D that's different.

What was the Oxford attendance?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 21:20:09 »

They were away 6,926

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021001015

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 21:28:35 »

Game was poor but I put majority of the blame on Colchester who were woeful. Need to start being more clinical as had a lot of chances and should have been out of sight. Good to have more options off the bench than we did last season. Don’t think it takes much to be top 3 this league…
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 21:32:16 »

I don't think he cares Jimmy, just being himself. Shame.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 22:30:55 »

While we did win, I'm still not convinced by the manager.  I think we have a good team and they are better than we are playing and why isn't Reed playing!

The atmosphere wasn't great but it's for a reason:
- The team aren't playing an exciting brand of football
- I'm not sure the fans are fully behind the manager, which I think is fair
- It's a new team that hasn't built up a relationship with the fans
- Fans have moved away from the townend, so are more spread out

Obviously just my opinion, would love the CG to be rocking but I think it will take a while, if at all.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, October 15, 2022, 23:19:28 »

I’ve watched the short highlights and it looks like we were indeed comfortable, albeit against a very poor side. FBT’s header was great and worthy of a goal, it’s a shame Baudry made a stupid and needless foul to cancel out the goal. I think Baudry is often a bit of a liability and for all his usual cultured play he does seem prone to terrible errors and doesn’t have much pace. Jephcott had a good chance too and someone mentioned some penalty shouts. We just won by the one goal in the end and such leads are inevitably precarious as we have found out this season. These games are harder than many on here think in my opinion. I believe the manager and players deserve some credit, particularly with regards to sensible use of substitutions which led to a winner and hopefully a good balance of squad rotation/protecting players from injuries/allowing others some minutes. A 1-0 is still a win and I am happy enough that we did the necessary on the day.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: