Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starting 11  (Read 5394 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 13:50:32 »

Our starting lineups for our last 4 opening games

Saturday, August 3, 2019 at Scunthorpe
(4-2-3-1)
Luke MCCORMICK

Zeki FRYERS
Dion CONROY
Mathieu BAUDRY
Rob HUNT

Jordan LYDEN
Michael DOUGHTY

Lloyd ISGROVE
Keshi ANDERSON
Kaiyne WOOLERY

Jerry YATES

Saturday, September 12, 2020 v Rochdale
(4-2-3-1)
Matej KOVÁR

Rob HUNT
Zeki FRYERS
Akin ODIMAYO
Paul CADDIS   

Anthony GRANT   
Matt SMITH

Diallang JAIYESIMI
Jack PAYNE
Jonny SMITH

Tyler SMITH

Saturday, August 7, 2021 at Scunthorpe   
(4-2-3-1-)
Jojo WOLLACOTT                     

Rob HUNT
Dion CONROY
Mathieu BAUDRY
Kaine KESLER-HAYDEN

Ellis IANDOLO
Anthony GRANT

Harry MCKIRDY
Ben GLADWIN
Jack PAYNE

Tyreece SIMPSON

Saturday, July 30, 2022 at Harrogate

(3-5-2)
Sol BRYNN

Angus MACDONALD
Mathieu BAUDRY
Ciarán BRENNAN

Remeao HUTTON
Louis REED
Tyrese SHADE
Jonny WILLIAMS
Ben GLADWIN

Tomi ADELOYE
Harry MCKIRDY

I'd suggest looking at that we are not currently in too bad shape.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 13:56:18 »

McGirty wanted out. Reed wanted out. Adeloye, wtf. That back 3. Yikes!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 13:57:18 »

We're undoubtedly paying for last seasons mistakes this season. Probably still paying something towards Adeloye's wages FFS

I imagine paying off Morris & Brand didn’t come cheap either…
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 13:59:37 »

That depends, we only got promoted in one of them, and I'd take that team in a heartbeat over the current one.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:02:20 »

That depends, we only got promoted in one of them, and I'd take that team in a heartbeat over the current one.

Yeah, but largely thanks to a player who wasn't there on the opening game of the season, in fact he joined for the 5th game.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:03:30 »

Yeah, but largely thanks to a player who wasn't there on the opening game of the season, in fact he joined for the 5th game.

Lyden and Doughty would run rings around our current midfield if playing against us.

That front four would have last seasons defence on toast - and we haven't filled two slots yet for this one.

Then you have Grant and Doyle to add to it, so yes please.  If we manage to sign two players of that quality between now and end of the month, we may well look in very good shape this season (on top of the three or so we already need just to get a full matchday squad up and running.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:06:25 by RobertT » Logged
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:16:13 »

Teams change considerably over the course of a season, as ours will this season I'm sure. Flynn has said he's not done with the transfer market yet so lets see what happens over the next few weeks.
DMC

« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:18:21 »

Lyden and Doughty would run rings around our current midfield if playing against us.

That front four would have last seasons defence on toast - and we haven't filled two slots yet for this one.

Then you have Grant and Doyle to add to it, so yes please.  If we manage to sign two players of that quality between now and end of the month, we may well look in very good shape this season (on top of the three or so we already need just to get a full matchday squad up and running.
We may have signed them already, like you say we don’t know what they’re like yet. This is all hindsight and we are talking about players who at their absolute best were these very very good players. Not denying it whatsoever but to say they’d run rings round our current lot we just don’t know they’ve not played a league game yet.

It’s easy to select parts of teams and say they’re better, Our strikers now would likely have that defence on toast but we don’t play the same team every week

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:38:16 »

I'm basing the Lyden/Doughty + Anderson comment on the fact I believe they'd be the best three of any midfield I saw last season.

Yates/Doyle/Isgrove - which is what it would have been at peak for that season, would equally have bagged a number of goals last season if they somehow time travelled.

The defence wasn't amazing, but Wellens was one of the best Managers I have seen in a while for setting up a system that worked - for us, for that season.

My hope for this season is we recruit the missing bits and Flynn can also pull off that Manager influence.  We also need the following players to have break out seasons - the sort that attracts transfer interest from above:

Hutton
McEachran
+ one of Hepburn-Murphy or Wakeling

Not a season of promise, but one of delivering and real impact.  None of them are team of the season players for their position, based on last season.  Not quite or not close, depending on each of them.

Hutton needs to maintain the assists but shore up the rest of his game.

McEachran needs real output - goals and assists

The forwards need to be able to show they can lead that line even if Austin isn't around and one of them be in with a sniff of 20 goals.

That all happens, then the additions really do push us into contention if they are as good as described.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 14:45:36 »

Our starting lineups for our last 4 opening games

Saturday, August 3, 2019 at Scunthorpe
(4-2-3-1)
Luke MCCORMICK

Zeki FRYERS
Dion CONROY
Mathieu BAUDRY
Rob HUNT

Jordan LYDEN
Michael DOUGHTY

Lloyd ISGROVE
Keshi ANDERSON
Kaiyne WOOLERY

Jerry YATES

Saturday, September 12, 2020 v Rochdale
(4-2-3-1)
Matej KOVÁR

Rob HUNT
Zeki FRYERS
Akin ODIMAYO
Paul CADDIS   

Anthony GRANT   
Matt SMITH

Diallang JAIYESIMI
Jack PAYNE
Jonny SMITH

Tyler SMITH

Saturday, August 7, 2021 at Scunthorpe   
(4-2-3-1-)
Jojo WOLLACOTT                     

Rob HUNT
Dion CONROY
Mathieu BAUDRY
Kaine KESLER-HAYDEN

Ellis IANDOLO
Anthony GRANT

Harry MCKIRDY
Ben GLADWIN
Jack PAYNE

Tyreece SIMPSON

Saturday, July 30, 2022 at Harrogate

(3-5-2)
Sol BRYNN

Angus MACDONALD
Mathieu BAUDRY
Ciarán BRENNAN

Remeao HUTTON
Louis REED
Tyrese SHADE
Jonny WILLIAMS
Ben GLADWIN

Tomi ADELOYE
Harry MCKIRDY

Definitely improved how I feel about what we've got. Some poor players littered amongst those teams.
DMC

« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:02:18 »

I do feel we under appreciate our own players at times, myself included by the way as I recently been slating Hutton. Hutton stood out last year but defensively 100 percent needs to improve but if he has the exact same season he’s playing in a higher league next year .

Wakeling was shortlisted for young player of the year despite playing left back and right back under 3 different managers. He’s another I’ve had a pop at but realistically what a fucking season he had, more goal involvement than Jonny Williams 😳
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:47:42 »

I do feel we under appreciate our own players at times, myself included by the way as I recently been slating Hutton. Hutton stood out last year but defensively 100 percent needs to improve but if he has the exact same season he’s playing in a higher league next year .

Wakeling was shortlisted for young player of the year despite playing left back and right back under 3 different managers. He’s another I’ve had a pop at but realistically what a fucking season he had, more goal involvement than Jonny Williams 😳

Genuinely a bit perplexed why everyone seems to have gone a bit cold on Wakeling over the summer.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:51:37 »

Genuinely a bit perplexed why everyone seems to have gone a bit cold on Wakeling over the summer.

He was poor second half the season but he will be when half the time we're fucking about with him at LWB. Plus everyone was shit at some point around that time.

Shown promise first half of the season.
DMC

« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 16:05:38 »

What Chalky said. I was the same but if Parsons or whoever had their first season like he had we would be over the moon.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 16:10:59 »

I rate Wakeling highly. Last season was his first and a great return. Can only get better imo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: