Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64031 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #405 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 10:46:31 »

if they turn up to the majority of games they should get the season ticket,it,s common sense.

But what if they can't afford to pay for it all up front? If they still go to the games the team gets the same number of fans cheering them on, the club actually gets more money. The only people who lose out are those who want an extra amount of money off their tickets and a free shirt (which I can see why, I'm sure we'd all like that!).
dell boy

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 10:55:05 »

Sussex makes a very good point regarding those who have to travel distances to get to the games.
Even though I live only 60 miles away (120 round trip), others are double that amount of distance, a match day works out for me £20 fuel, £3 programme, £5 parking, then match ticket (I have brought a season ticket), a drink and something to eat.
Not cheap to see a lower tier side these days, I can understand fully why some supporters would wish to pick their games instead attending every home game.
Melksham Red

« Reply #407 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:02:25 »

And those that do probably have. But those of us that have to take into account travel costs etc, will pick and choose a mix of home and away games depending on finances, meaning a season ticket isn't worthwhile.

Not aimed at you, but some people on here need to take their fucking heads out of their holier (sp) than thou arses.

Agreed
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:17:40 »

Sussex makes a very good point regarding those who have to travel distances to get to the games.
Even though I live only 60 miles away (120 round trip), others are double that amount of distance, a match day works out for me £20 fuel, £3 programme, £5 parking, then match ticket (I have brought a season ticket), a drink and something to eat.
Not cheap to see a lower tier side these days, I can understand fully why some supporters would wish to pick their games instead attending every home game.

This is true to a point.

But the fact is with the lower costs you only need to go to half of the games for the price to be the same, if not cheaper.

With all that the board has done for the club, I think buying a ST is about showing a bit more commitment to the team.

PS   It's not League 2 football, it's Division 3 to us oldies Wink
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:33:25 »

i,m not having a go about people who don,t go to enough games at home to make season tickets worthwhile it,s more a case of not wasting money especialy in the current  financial situation.The people who say they haven,t got the money for the first installment probably never intended to buy,i mean there was no big surprize the new board  was going to reduce tickets-why didn,t they put some cash away for the last couple of months.I am saving money even at the higher price and when i,ve had a S/T in the past i found when money is short after christmas i,m still able to go to the match.Anyhow well done to the 4500 and good luck to the team.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:37:28 »

Not aimed at you, but some people on here need to take their fucking heads out of their holier (sp) than thou arses.

Yes

Things get better but they never get good
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:38:35 »

PS   It's not League 2 football, it's Division 3 to us oldies Wink

It's Div 3 to me as well, that's what i grew up with.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:39:47 »

£5 parking,

there's plenty of free parking around the ground, dell boy.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #413 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:47:07 »

I can see your point, but it doesn't work out that much better value for money for some people. Take someone who goes to say 20 games a season, all in the Town End. They're only going to save roughly £30 over the entire season, but have to pay out two lump sums. It's probably more sense to them to pay as they go. DRS and Arkells people it does work out a lot better value for money though.

A lot of people will have been saving for holidays as well, saving for another thing might just be a little too much. There are also a fair number of people who are pensioners/students/go with their parents. Paying out lump sums may not be feasible for these people.

I think Sussex has probably hit the nail on the head though, a lot of our fans pick and choose their games and that's just an unfortunate fact.

For those that have bought tickets for the DRS and Arkells I can't see why they're moaning we haven't done 6000. They're saving nearly £200 the year. I think it's fair to assume that out of what we have sold, most of those won't be new fans.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #414 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:48:24 »

p.s. If our attendances are shit next year then I would agree there is cause to moan, unless we're relegation fodder.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:50:33 »

agreed si-pie ,i think the town end will be the place to go for the occasional fan.
dell boy

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 14:02:14 »

there's plenty of free parking around the ground, dell boy.

Only if you get there very early!!! I normally arrive about 45 mins before game.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 14:22:37 »

Its a 310 mile round trip for me gutted  Doh
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 19:21:30 »

Only if you get there very early!!! I normally arrive about 45 mins before game.

I have yet to pay to park for football in Swindon, there are always walkable parking options available, even on the very busy days.  Plenty in Walcott and Old Walcott, some around Broad St if you are persistent and if push comes to shove Gorse Hill.  You can park 100 yards from the Town Centre on a Saturday if you know the right places to look.
dell boy

« Reply #419 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 22:05:35 »

I have yet to pay to park for football in Swindon, there are always walkable parking options available, even on the very busy days.  Plenty in Walcott and Old Walcott, some around Broad St if you are persistent and if push comes to shove Gorse Hill.  You can park 100 yards from the Town Centre on a Saturday if you know the right places to look.
'if you know the right places to look' - that sums it up RT, I'm not a local and apart from the footie ground I do not know Swindon at all, so I park at the Cricket Ground, haven't a clue how to find the places you mention.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: