Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43614 times)
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 09:12:57 »

Didnt think this would be a good night and Frampton not playing just added to defensive problems. No strength in depth in our squad, so no Sheedan, Douglas and an in form Amankwaah, Ferry and Lecs means we are down to the bare bones. Are these absences down to Wilson - I dont think so.....!? Desparately need these men back and performing. O`Brien is the most frustrating player I have seen for years and I think its time for Pericard to take a rest ( he always looks knackered ) give Dossevi a go - a risk certainly but he does look like he wants it sometimes....

Prediction for Saturday - not good - at least we can concentrate on the league...!! 

Bathtime
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 09:13:17 »

Dressing-room splits? They certainly don't look like a team in harmony
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 09:19:01 »

Doesn't appear to be any real leader, That said I think thats why Frampton was brought in but ofcourse he is injured so.... back to square 1 really.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 09:21:04 »

Woe, woe and thrice woe!

Im going to post this and then look back.

That was as poor as i have seen the Town for many a year.

Its up there with Malpas, McMoan and Beamish....

Charlton did'nt even have to make an effort and a really good team like Brighton would of smashed 6 past us.

Even their fans didnt seem too impressed, i bet they wish they could turn the clock back or play us every week!

59% pocession to Charlton....fuck me we are supposed to be at home!?

This has been coming for a while now, Saturday was shit and it was glossed over because Yeovil self destructed and we got lucky......i was there and no cunt can argue with me.

Only Smith did alright in my book for making the block save..........everybody else piss poor.

How many times did 3 yard passes go astray? Suicide

How many times did balls up the wing go out of play? Suicide

How many times did we not hit row z when defending? Suicide

Fuck me....its basic stuff. Doh

For me, Wilson and the team are in the shit and they have to dig themselves out or we are in danger of spending the season at the wrong end of the table!

AND.....If Austin goes in January we are royally fucked.

I am not going to Plymouth now, if they can't be arsed to show up, neither can I.  I dread to think what the gate for the JPT game is going to be?  Club should let us in for a quid as an apology.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 09:22:36 »

i dont think so.i also think they are fighting for the cause.
it just aint happening for them imo
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 09:51:45 »

"Wilson out?"

It makes sense and is well clever.

So win u lot!
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:01:52 »

Louis Town?

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:18:30 »

Dressing-room splits? They certainly don't look like a team

fwiw my mate is friends with someone who knows a couple of players.  I know I know . . . from what he said the dressing room isn't a happy place, Austin was wants out and some players are asking questions of wilson!

whilst I believe this was said, my take is a losing team will always have such moaning and its just the normal letting off steam. go on a winning run and they'll be looking for contract extensions.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:20:05 by Batch » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:20:54 »

austin has a dilemma for sure.whilst the team has declined this season he has got better.his all round game is improving all the time and he is bound to get offers from elsewhere.

now does he stay out of loyalty and hope it gets better?or does he fuck off and chase the dream elsewhere?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:34:09 »

I believe Austin will leave in January to a Championship club, he wont want to hang around on a shit team unless we improve dramatically.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:37:05 »

fwiw my mate is friends with someone who knows a couple of players.  I know I know . . . from what he said the dressing room isn't a happy place, Austin was wants out and some players are asking questions of wilson!

whilst I believe this was said, my take is a losing team will always have such moaning and its just the normal letting off steam.
True dat. It'd be more worrying if they were all sat in the dressing room singing Walt Disney hits. After some of the performances we've had recently, there damn well should be some cafuffle in the dressing room. It's how they come out of it which will be telling
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:06:07 »

austin has a dilemma for sure.whilst the team has declined this season he has got better.his all round game is improving all the time and he is bound to get offers from elsewhere.

now does he stay out of loyalty and hope it gets better?or does he fuck off and chase the dream elsewhere?

Austin has progressed so much he is playing at a different level to everyone else in the team. He really is starting to look like someone who could go all the way. If we want to persuade him to stick around in January, I really think we should have a go at playing David Ball up front with him. I know he's young, but he's about the only other one who looks like he plays his football on that higher plain, and at the moment he's being completely wasted.

When the opposition arrive with two vastly experienced but immobile lumps in the centre back positions (Dailly and Docherty), we should have been using these two to pull them all over the park with quick movement and quick passing instead of expecting Pericard to somehow outmuscle them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:11:56 »

What got me, was that we had 6 corners in a row pretty much, in the first half. We lost every single header. Surely someone has to give direction on how to 'mix it up'. It wasn't working so something needed changing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:15:53 »

The problem Austin has at the moment is that he needs to get on the end of his own flick ons and nice touches. He's trying to play both the Austin and Paynter roles of last year - and can do them both bloody well. This year he's not just a goalscorer - his hold up play, intelligence. movement have come on leaps and bounds and he's a lot mre physical than last year. Basically if i was him, I'd be looking to leave. If i was a mid to bottom Prem team, I'd be looking at him, not only to score me goals but as an investment to sell on to a bogger club.
The world is your oyster Charlie boy and you're only get better again. 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:27:09 »

I'd love to read some Charlton threads.....i bet they never stopped laughing til they hit the M25!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: