Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43601 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:40:32 »

Insult woo
wino louts.
Toil won us,
toil own us.
I soul town,
nil outs - ow.
****** ***?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:46:16 »

We can be unhappy with him without wanting him to be sacked. If he can learn from his mistakes then all will be well; last season buys him more time for that anyway that it would for say a malpas. If the same things continue to happen though, his position must become questioned

The worrying thing is that he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes.  He continues to make ridiculous tactical and formation decisions and as previously mentioned never seems to have a plan B if we come up against the more physical teams.  This was a major problem last season and as Jonny pointed out a few pages ago, effectively cost us promotion.

I like the bloke, but unfortunately I have a feeling that he's taken us as far as he can.  The next 7 days is a very important one for him as a manager.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:48:58 »

fwiw, i'd keep him on untill the end of the season regardless. This club needs some continuity and stability.

Things get better but they never get good
santasdead

« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:49:14 »

Insult woo
wino louts.
Toil won us,
toil own us.
I soul town,
nil outs - ow.
****** ***?

'ow, oil nuts!'

That's all i've got. Bit shit really and makes no sense.
Panda Paws

« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:50:37 »

I just don't think his job should be in question in the imminent future

Whilst I agree with you I'm not sure the board will.

Malpas was sacked after going out of both cups in a week and a dreadful run of form in the league.

Wilson has had a bigger budget to work with, and although last season should get him more time, the next three games are massive. Go out of both cups and he'll be under pressure internally I would imagine.
flammableBen

« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:53:53 »

'ow, oil nuts!'

That's all i've got. Bit shit really and makes no sense.

"Wilson out?"

It makes sense and is well clever.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:54:15 »

Remember two season ago when Wilson left hartlepool and we were all amazed he suddenly became available because they felt he had taken them as far as he could.... Sound familiar? Personally I think they were wrong and so would we be to jump the gun.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:57:59 »

There's a distinct lack of good managers who are either available or would be interested in the job if it became available. If we were to get rid of Wilson who would we get? I'd guess at someone like Dowie, who wouldn't be a step up whatsoever in my opinion.

This is Danny's first real test as our manager, saves us from relegation first off and then gets us into the play-offs, and now he's facing a bit of a tough time. Fans slowly becoming disillusioned again, team playing poorly. After last season's heroic efforts, not to mention steering a steaming shower of shite the season before to safety, I do think he deserves the chance to turn it around.

Changes need to be made for sure, but I want to see what Wilson changes before jumping the gun and changing Wilson.
santasdead

« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:59:20 »

"Wilson out?"

It makes sense and is well clever.

I got owned:)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 07:45:41 »

There's a distinct lack of good managers who are either available or would be interested in the job if it became available. If we were to get rid of Wilson who would we get? I'd guess at someone like Dowie, who wouldn't be a step up whatsoever in my opinion.

This is Danny's first real test as our manager, saves us from relegation first off and then gets us into the play-offs, and now he's facing a bit of a tough time. Fans slowly becoming disillusioned again, team playing poorly. After last season's heroic efforts, not to mention steering a steaming shower of shite the season before to safety, I do think he deserves the chance to turn it around.

Changes need to be made for sure, but I want to see what Wilson changes before jumping the gun and changing Wilson.

This
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 08:11:27 »

first real test as a manager? maybe as our manager yes...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
shaw_red

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 08:15:08 »

Nemo out!!!!!!!!!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 08:31:49 »

12 Smith  - Didn’t have much to do made some good saves, couldn’t do anything really about the last 2 goals, free headers
02 Cuthbert  - Ball should go forward not up
03 Rose – Rubbish, The old hoof ball just doesn’t work with this team. Stockport really must have been shit last year for their fans to rate this guy
06 Caddis – Forgot he was on the pitch until he went off. People were wanking over this guy, so far he has failed to live up to his billing
14 Morrison – Ran back and tried to chase things down, largely absent most of the game
23 Thompson  - bit lightweight on the ball but had a go, just down to inexperience really.
07 McGovern – Absolute rubbish, mind you he is NOT a central midfielder, rapidly becoming the player of 2008/09 again 
10 Prutton – Ran around but did this stupid, foot over the ball bollocks to play it out instead of pass and play
22 Ritchie – Had 2 players on him and couldn’t do much. Probably third best player on the pitch
09 Pericard – Absolute fucking rubbish, if he was a horse he would be taken out of the back of a barn and shot.
32 Austin  - Put in a shift and looked like he was bothered unlike the rest of the shite that was out there (Apart from Prutton)
16 Ball – Should have started upfront with Charlie, looked up for it when he came on.
18 O’Brien – Always out of position, never ran forward, just stood there clearly afraid of getting hurt, did fuck all, better off having a bag of sand out on the pitch
20 Dossevi – Trying too hard and needs to calm down really, missed a sitter but Charlie missed 2 so….can’t fault him for trying.

Wilson – Well the fans are starting to turn now, 2 games to save his job as some have said? Bollocks, who is going to replace him? If you look at the people we looked at before, Kinnear, Money etc. I’d rather stay with Wilson who has a proven track record. Other than that we could end up with Phil Brown if we sacked Wilson. Personally I think sacking Wilson would be a massive step backwards. It appears we have spent big wages on players like Prutton etc. but should maybe have spent more on lower key players perhaps and actually have a squad of players instead. Far too often our bench seems to have mostly Youth team players on it. Timlin as poor as he is at times, needs to be re-called ASAP, to play central midfield instead of McGovern.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 08:34:22 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 08:34:20 »

first real test as a manager? maybe as our manager yes...

Think that's what he meant. Its a good point in my opinion, obviously a lot of people venting their frustrations in the heat of the moment but don't think it calls for the club to do anything rash.

We've not played well since the Huddersfield game (and maybe 2nd half vs Rovers) but let's see how Wilson and the side respond now over the next month or so.

Whilst I agree that we're dangerously close to moving past just a few one off bad performances into something far more worrying altogether about the quality of the side, I'm not sure the sky is falling in just yet.

One thing I'd echo of some posters above is that although I can take the odd bad performance - that's just part and parcel of being a fan - I'm much more disappointed to see the players not trying or playing with any passion for the team.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 08:35:26 »

I'm much more disappointed to see the players not trying or playing with any passion for the team.

This is the issue at the moment, why isn't the team motivated?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: