Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43606 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:05:06 »

Morrison and Austin were the only decent players for me tonight, maybe Smithy.

Morrison, really, Morrison? The tall one at the back. That Morrison?

It's a game of opinions I suppose.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:05:20 »

Charlton were a physically strong and reasonably quick side. We had no answer to it, and tried to play like Brazil in return. That's all I can really be arsed to say.

Oh, and it's partially Ben's fault because there weren't any lesbians.
glos_robin

« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:05:39 »

I think sacking Wilson would be a big mistake, he has a track record.........
if you want to go down this route his track record actually counts against him as overall it's pretty poor and he's never got a team out of this league at the right end.
I'm not saying he should be sacked or anything but I don't think he deserves much longer as he isn't as special as you seem to thing, but then I guess you sponsor him so that tells me everything I need to know
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:06:36 »

Not blaming O'Brien for the result buddy, but he clearly aint a footballer is he.

Morrison and Austin were the only decent players for me tonight, maybe Smithy.

I have no idea what the problem is because it aint obvious - will need to sleep on it

Those two players you mention aswell i really wouldn't be suprised if they leave in January i wonder who will be here longer though those two or Wilson.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:06:37 »

Out tactic seemed to be hoof it forward and let Doherty and Dailly head it back to us. That worked well.

The couple of times we actually got it down and played we looked quite good.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:07:21 »

Thompson was a bag of fucking nerves poor kid and had a shaky start but got into it a bit second half I thought.

Hardly surprising as we've got a proud tradition at the CG of getting on our young players backs if they aint fucking pele out of the blocks.
flammableBen

« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:09:41 »

Oh shit. I knew I forgot something.

To be honest, I don't think the team can rely on lezzaluck forever. Even if we'd done a mild turnaround for a 2-2 draw at some point tonight, it would just be throwing mouldy wank rags at a pebbledashed toilet disaster.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:09:44 »

Sack Wilson after 3 moths of the season. I think not.

We ain't Real Madrid. We don't deserve to be in the top 6 by rights. We missed out last season and that's gone. Repeating it may take time, so long as we aren't in a relegation scrap this season will have gone exactly as I feared. "kicking on" from last season was never going to be simple with half our squad dismantled over the summer.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:10:48 »

Thought thompson positioning was questionable for their first (Though not his fault cuthbert and A.N Other had millions of chances to get rid), and he was absolutley mullered at the back post for their third (could smith have come out and helped him?) Looked very much like a young lad making his debut in a team devoid of confidence. Will be interesting to see how he grows from tonight, as he did a few things well

Things get better but they never get good
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:14:03 »

Thought thompson positioning was questionable for their first (Though not his fault cuthbert and A.N Other had millions of chances to get rid), and he was absolutley mullered at the back post for their third (could smith have come out and helped him?) Looked very much like a young lad making his debut in a team devoid of confidence. Will be interesting to see how he grows from tonight, as he did a few things well
For the third goal, Rose was nowhere to be seen, all AOB had to do was stand his man up instead of giving the guy acres of room to deliver a bloody good cross but where were Morrison and Cuthbert. To be fair to Thompson I didn't see any player other than Prutton offering him any advice or help.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:14:50 »

calm down you lot.
we wont be in a relegation battle.i'm 100% convinced of that.
we aint where we should be,but we will not go down.chrlton are one of the best sides in the div,tonight wont decide our fate.
mistakes have been made and things need to change,but it's about how stfc react to the disapointment of what's going on.
we need to write this season off,as we dont have no choice anyway.
the problems have been obvious for months.i dont get the surprise from some of you and now blowing it out of proportion.
key players have gone, and the shape of the team was changed to accomodate new players.we were never going to mount a promotion charge without like for like replacements of greer and paynter.2 massive losses to the side and so bloody obvious from the outset.

there is only one way we will do what the majority of fans now demand(challenge)and that is to spend money on quality.not packing the squad out with dross to make the numbers up.we need quality over quantity.
can't see it happening so get used to it
I think arriba's got it bang on in these two posts. Most of us expected this side to challenge this season (me included) and were really excited about it. So the come down of the disappointment is all the harder. arriba was one of the few who kept his feet on the ground about the overexcitement so he's not got that same level of bitter disappointment now (don''t mean he's not hacked off, I'm sure he's as pissed off as the rest of us, just less of a disappointment because he anticipated it where most of us didn't). Fair play arriba, speaking for myself, I got sucked into the hype, you didn't and you were right. We're not as bad as we were tonight and we won't go down, but we're nowhere near as good as we thought we were.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:15:38 »

It was from our corner they scored the third wasn't it? They broke forward a lot quicker than we tracked back

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:16:26 »

Sack Wilson after 3 moths of the season. I think not.

We ain't Real Madrid. We don't deserve to be in the top 6 by rights. We missed out last season and that's gone. Repeating it may take time, so long as we aren't in a relegation scrap this season will have gone exactly as I feared. "kicking on" from last season was never going to be simple with half our squad dismantled over the summer.
Yes Batch but he has been given the funds to replace such missing players and hasn't.We have bought in 2 centre midfielders yet this season 6 different players have played in that position.3 different left wingers 4 different left backs 4 right backs and 4 right wingers.Our most effective players are being hampered and pretty much fucked off with wilson playing players to justify his signings.

I'm not saying lets sack him but to just have blind faith and hope he will be ok is stupid imo
glos_robin

« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:16:35 »

Quote from Wilson after the game straight off the official website:

"Virtually all our experienced players are out injured at the moment which is obviously of little help to us"

Seriously does he expect this excuse to fly? So Douglas Amankwaah and a lesser extent Sheehan and thats all our experience gone is it?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 23:17:56 »

I think arriba's got it bang on in these two posts. Most of us expected this side to challenge this season (me included) and were really excited about it. So the come down of the disappointment is all the harder. arriba was one of the few who kept his feet on the ground about the overexcitement so he's not got that same level of bitter disappointment now (don''t mean he's not hacked off, I'm sure he's as pissed off as the rest of us, just less of a disappointment because he anticipated it where most of us didn't). Fair play arriba, speaking for myself, I got sucked into the hype, you didn't and you were right. We're not as bad as we were tonight and we won't go down, but we're nowhere near as good as we thought we were.

You have good days..and bad days.............but as long as i watch Swindon Town i wont accept a team without passion....a team without passion that was Swindon Town tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: