Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43601 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:38:38 »

We're lacking a leader at the back
We're lacking in confidence
We're lacking a partner for Austin
We're lacking grit and determination
We're lacking decent fans in the town end rather than the mongs I had to listen to all game
Bright spot for me tonight was prutton...
the old cliche of you don't become a bad player overnight is so apparent in many of our players which means only one thing....
We're lacking in mental toughness and perhaps most players expected this season to be a stroll in the park
Mate pointed out tonight that we played Brighton and weren't much in it...they're on a roll and now expect to win games
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:39:59 »

how foolish of me!
i did like it when we banked on aob in the same ploy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:40:54 »

One of the worst things about tonight was the way the teams heads went down after the second goal. Thought we might have at least made a fight of it.

Charlton were ok. Took their chances well but were nothing special.

We could really do with a big lump up front who can just win knock downs for Charlie. Someone of Wayne Allisons ilk.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:43:22 »

Optimistic sorta fella usually but that really was cack.

Not really all that sure where we go from here.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:44:55 »

Fucking shit, I practically broke the sound barrier getting to the game from Plymouth today, I managed a two minute stop at home, a couple of words to the wife, a kiss on the forehead for my son, then out to the game without any tea - and I was treated to that fucking horror show... (and a pie that tasted like regurgitated dog faeces)

I made the effort tonight, so what happened to that bunch of fucking morons?

Bunch of passionless, witless, aimless twats (Austin exempt), I wish itchy genital herpes on them all.

I fucking hate football...

Same here. Left work early, nipped home quickly to see the wife and my boy. Then travelled up from Swansea to witness that shower. And now ve got to drive all the way home.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:48:53 »

We're lacking a leader at the back
We're lacking in confidence
We're lacking a partner for Austin
We're lacking grit and determination
We're lacking decent fans in the town end rather than the mongs I had to listen to all game
Bright spot for me tonight was prutton...
the old cliche of you don't become a bad player overnight is so apparent in many of our players which means only one thing....
We're lacking in mental toughness and perhaps most players expected this season to be a stroll in the park
Mate pointed out tonight that we played Brighton and weren't much in it...they're on a roll and now expect to win games

Wahey knew it wouldn't be long before someone had a pop at the funs. Listen it's not our fault they are not performing is it. Wilson has spent massivly in terms of fee's and wages since he come here and to be fair some of them are good players but if he can't get them playing it's pointless. The board have backed him to the hilt and players like Lucas,Douglas,Pericard,Prutton,Sheehan are not on low wages so the board should not be blamed in this.Wilson in my opinion is playing players for the sake of playing them and won't swallow his pride. Our Midfield finnished with 2 left wingers and a right winger in the middle while Timlin is sawnning around for Southend.

Go back to basics for fucksake
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:49:24 »

Same here. Left work early, nipped home quickly to see the wife and my boy. Then travelled up from Swansea to witness that shower. And now ve got to drive all the way home.

Jeez, at least I actually live near Swindon, (I only work in Plymouth 1/2 days a week) I couldnt face a long drive home after witnessing that... I'd be all alone with some dark, dark thoughts swilling around my brain....
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:50:46 »

I hate football......

Did anyone else get blinded by the green laser thing that was being shone from over the Townend? Weird

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
flammableBen

« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:50:53 »

When does the transfer window open?

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:52:26 »

Jeez, at least I actually live near Swindon, (I only work in Plymouth 1/2 days a week) I couldnt face a long drive home after witnessing that... I'd be all alone with some dark, dark thoughts swilling around my brain....

could be worse.he could have lived in newport
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:53:11 »

Well that was shocking tonight. We were utter dogshite and our midfield and defence was like the fucking Red Sea with any of their players playing Moses. All 3 goals yet again were down to fucking useless defending rather than good attacking. Morrison and Cuthbert were both fucking useless. Rose is by far the worst defender I've seen in God knows how many years. Thompson was lost but its only his 1st league game - lucky not to get booked and fair play to the Charlton lad who didn't make a meal of it. JPM was back to his ineffectual worst. Ritchie did OK. Caddis was wank. Prutton was OK in fits and starts. Pericard was worse than useless. Charlie looked really good. His all round game just keeps getting better but if I was him I'd be seriuosly fucked off with the support he's getting. AOB should just fuck off now. He's not looking for the ball - he's not going wide to get it. He's got an even worse football brain than Ifill.
I thuoght the ref was bloody good tonight. He kept his cards in his pocket and tried to let the game flow at every opportunity.
One thuoght for the games in the next week. Going out of the FA Cup in the 1st round and losing in the JPT did for Malpas from a similar league position. Given the targets set by Fitton, will he be brutal. I hope not, but Wilson has really got to sort out a defence that shits itself, aimlessly hoofing the ball forward and the confidence of the players who looked flat after Charltons first.
Oh and with Manchester Road shut you couldn't even get a blow job and a bag of chips and change from a tenner on the way home.
All in all, a bad night - and Nemo is a cunt who shouldn't start another thread.   
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:53:49 »

let Frampton get settled in and we will be ok.
If I heard right on the radio, he's got a fractured ankle AND ankle ligaments gone. The only thing he's going to be settling in to any time soon is a pair of slippers.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:54:27 »

It's ok, I'm with my Dad. Then again, it's his fault I support Swindon in the first place. Child abuse for sure. Can't wait to inflict the same punishment on my boy!
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:54:56 »

Alan!!!

Alan O'Brien isn't a footballer is he.

That was fucking turgid.
flammableBen

« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 22:55:02 »

Does Frampton fancy moving into management?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: