Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas  (Read 25719 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:53:50 »

And King lived to fight another 3 years. I'm just putting the point across that maybe MM should be given a bit of time.

It's a fair point, King got us to the PO's the following season.  But the 6 game thing is a sort of bench mark figure...there can be reasons for defeats, even when you've played reasonably well.

The then Board stayed with King partly becasue they had no money for a replacement, once he went it ws always going to be Iffy or Reeeeves. Probably Reeeeves if he hadn't broken his leg.  I get teh feeling that AF and co, wont want to be associated with abject failure...but a few results here and there is acceptable.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:54:02 »

Could be worse. Could be a Spurs fan.....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:55:26 »

You could be right Reg. If by October we have only won 2 or 3 more games then maybe look at it. But for now there is no point.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:59:19 »

I've already had a go on thisis article and usually Bart I tend to try and ignore your negative pointless posts, but tonight I'll take a stand.

Please do us all a fucking favour and take your negativity and stick it where the sun don't shine.  I long for the day when Swindon fans actually spend their time getting behind the team and manager.  For years now we've been a divided club because of this and that but now we have a good board a good squad and a good manager.

yes the first half was absolute shit, but MM and DB did well in making the double substitution and we could/should have got back on level terms.  Why we have to have this constant "I'll give him time" when we win and "Malpas out" when we lose comments I really don't know.  I just wish they'd flippin stop.

All this crap is really begining to pee me off.

STFC til I die!!!!!!!
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:00:26 »

Amen jan.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:02:31 »

for the record I don;t mind people having objections to any aspect of STFC but ffs have a point, an agenda, a flippin alternative, but all this MM out, when should he go kind of thing really isn't helping matters, it's almost as if people want us to fail.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:09:15 »

the worrying thing today was people got nasty early on.malpas is on a hiding to nothing for absolute certain.the defensive weaknesses that wont disappear will not see the pressure cease imo.people are laying in wait to slate malpas,along with jpm,paynter,and aljofree in particular.

i wouldn't be surprised if colchester are near the top come the end of the season but that doesn't matter to some who think we should win every game
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:12:52 »

I know I have no right to an opinion as I didn't go to the game today or listen to it on the radio/net. However, what I find disappointing is the apparent lack of a reaction from last weekend's performance/result at Cheltenham.

The next four games suddenly look really tricky, and this will really establish how good MM is at motivating the team, picking the right players and adopting the right tactics. He needs to get tough on the lot of them.
JPC82

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:14:13 »

and considering we are woeful away from home, the next 3games are away Sad
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:14:38 »

I personally think it's a knock on effect from the whole you just can't lose a game anymore, there must be a reason, there must be someone to blame etc.   It's like the whole Sky Sports News thing of the more you big them up, the more you can knock them down, and then someone has to take the blame.

The truth is today we were not at the races (I hate that expression) but second half we did alright, I'd hate to be MM or DB (who tbh I never used to like that much, but he's grown on me) as they must be scratching their heads tonight over that first 45.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:16:02 »

the worrying thing today was people got nasty early on.malpas is on a hiding to nothing for absolute certain.the defensive weaknesses that wont disappear will not see the pressure cease imo.people are laying in wait to slate malpas,along with jpm,paynter,and aljofree in particular.

i wouldn't be surprised if colchester are near the top come the end of the season but that doesn't matter to some who think we should win every game

Today people turned on the team not Malpas. But in the second half we gave it a go and most people got behind them. I don't think it's a case of winning every game either. It was frustrating today as it was last week but people look for a scapegoat and the manager is always the first port of call.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:19:58 »

I know I have no right to an opinion as I didn't go to the game today or listen to it on the radio/net. However, what I find disappointing is the apparent lack of a reaction from last weekend's performance/result at Cheltenham.

The next four games suddenly look really tricky, and this will really establish how good MM is at motivating the team, picking the right players and adopting the right tactics. He needs to get tough on the lot of them.

Pumbaa I think you do have a right to an opinion, whether you go or not, but it's the extreme opinions that I question.  After sitting through that first 45 I'm glad I didn't have access to a computer, but that's just the emotion of seeing 45 mins of shit.  What I hate is the fuckers in Spain, Bradford and anywhere else on the planet who seem to post 100% negative shit all the time (not on this site btw) when they haven't seen a minute of football,  Tbh I'd be the same if we were playing gash and some bloke in NZ, Australia, Chile wherever came on posting "yeah get behind the team, they;re playing well etc", you know 100% positivity, I'm rambling now, talking crap, but I hope you get my drift.

Also I'd just like to add something that I;ve thought for some time now **clears throat**

If we're playing the blame game, then you lot, us, the fans (well apart from me, I don't go to games), are higher up the list than Malpas and DB and JPM.[/glow]

Thank you I'm glad I've got that off my chest, I bet there are some of you out there that wished you'd come up with that. ;-)
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:33:03 by janaage » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:23:14 »

Today people turned on the team not Malpas. But in the second half we gave it a go and most people got behind them. I don't think it's a case of winning every game either. It was frustrating today as it was last week but people look for a scapegoat and the manager is always the first port of call.

i heard malpas get stick when he came out of the dug out
flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:25:59 »

There's no buzz is there? New owners, bought in a few players into a squad which wasn't bad last year, especially if you consider all the management changes throughout the club. Yet fans seem to be stuck in a cycle of negativity.

As a club if we need to sign a big player (or parkin) or appoint a big manager to get some positivity round the club then we're fucked. I know support is in a two way thing, but the continuing spiral of negative reinforcement around the club seems to be unbreakable. A comfortable home win in front of a few thousand new season tickets on the opening day of the season would have probably put a bit more optimism around other clubs, but it doesn't seem to be the case for us.

So if we're playing the blame game, then you lot, us, the fans (well apart from me, I don't go to games), are higher up the list than Malpas and DB and JPM.

Well that's what my psychic brain is telling me. I can feel the negativity from the pub.

And will people stop pointing out that they have a right to an opinion. You give your opinion by writing out what you think in the very same post. Someone saying they disagree with you isn't the same as them saying you can't have your opinion.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:30:12 »

FB said "So if we're playing the blame game, then you lot, us, the fans (well apart from me, I don't go to games), are higher up the list than Malpas and DB and JPM."

That is so true, it's beautiful in fact, I wish I had written that, in fact I will re-edit a previous post and take it as my own, just because I can.  History will be re written.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: