Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Barnet official matchday thread  (Read 23924 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 12:27:58 »

The players came in the pub last night and I was on VIP bar. Ferry is a fucking legend, loves a drink. We had a Jagerbomb together and I told him that I love him a little bit. Alan Connell is funny. I was surprised by how many of the new lot weren't drinking at all. Ferry was the only one who was smashed.

Kerroooooshhh hasn't gotten used to English money yet, I told him it was me that started the On Fire chant and he loved it. So fuck you Samdy hahahah

haha quality, who was out?

DV will go off on one Wink
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 12:36:10 »

So fuck you Samdy hahahah

Bastard Sad
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #182 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 12:41:40 »

To be fair, I did start it.

I didn't recognise all of them but it was Ferry, Raffa, Connell, Kerooooosh, Easyjet, Abdullah and about 10 - 12 others. They might not all have been players.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 12:46:52 »

bloody disgrace the lot of 'em
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 16:58:42 »

I felt a bit flat throughout yesterday...

After last season im not going to argue though.....make every home game a dour 4-0 win....thankyou...

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 17:48:39 »

I felt a bit flat throughout yesterday...

After last season im not going to argue though.....make every home game a dour 4-0 win....thankyou...

I was exactly the same. It was a straightforward, effective win, where the opposition couldn't be bothered after 20 minutes. It was like winning a 100m race by strolling to the finish. There wasn't any champagne football, but we can't expect there to be. There was no tension,  but that's because we were markedly better than them, and there was little atmosphere, because it was like a training match at times. We were a little bit spoilt yesterday - in a bizarre way, I'd rather an end to end slog for 90mins and an injury time winner for 1-0.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 17:52:42 »

I expect a full apology from Swindon Town for dragging us through yesterday's ordeal.
Spencer_White

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 18:18:58 »

Barnet need to get rid of Sanchez ASAP, the bloke clearly doesnt give a shit. Their fans do deserve better, fair play to them, staying to the end and still clapping their team off! Very loyal. Think there were quite a few Town fans who had a 4-0 Swindon bet, because the atmosphere went completely flat for the last 15 minutes, and that meant the players were happy to take an early warm down. It should have been at least 6 nil (not complaining, but we cant get over confident after this result). Barnet were up there with the worst league opposition I have ever seen at the County Ground, and the fact that they are not in the bottom 2 to me shows that the quality of the bottom half of League 2 has slumped in the last few years since our last season in the basement. As have some of the attendances. I did raise eyebrows when I heard Mark Marshall was Barnets best player. Some of the crosses booted into the stands seemed almost deliberate they were so unbelievably bad.

Hereford could well be simmilar in 2 weeks, and this time I hope the fans transmit to the players that they should show Hereford no mercy at all. Would love to see us put a few past the cunts.

The real test is friday. Burton was unlucky, and we cannot afford another and lose out on the points. We need to be hitting the top 3 in the next 4 weeks.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 18:21:22 by Spencer_White » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 18:55:35 »

It was a strange feeling for the last 20 mins or so. We didn't really look like scoring loads more and it just became a bit of an anti climax. Looked like most people were just waiting for the final whistle. We can't have it all ways though. Fair play to the Barnet fans who probable deserve better.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 19:28:36 »

strange atmosphere for sure...but very happy with the 4-0 win, a bit peeved I didnt make it on the footy league show highlights down the front of the TE celebrating Ritchie's goal...prime position meaning my 3 week run ends!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 20:26:45 »

oh yeah almost forgot. Who was the bigger git yesterday, the person who turned on the sprinklers as the Robinets performed, or the person who made them stay there until they finished?

It made me laugh all the same.
----
As did Fred Elliott, who first of all I thought was a homeless tramp slumped outside the DRS eating fish n' chips. He also proclaimed the opposition the worst at the County Ground this year - he does that every week!

He was right though. Barnet were shocking.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 20:28:40 »

Excuse my ignorance, why do we have Friday night fixtures ? Is it the clubs choice or is it something to do with to many teams in the same area also having matches on the Saturday. Can't see how it can help either home or away teams in regards to supporters getting to the match. How long will it take to get up to Macclesfield Friday from Swindon, I can't leave until after 3 pm. Thanks in advance.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 20:37:40 »

It's because Man City and Man Utd are playing at home that weekend I think.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 20:42:43 »

Excuse my ignorance, why do we have Friday night fixtures ? Is it the clubs choice or is it something to do with to many teams in the same area also having matches on the Saturday. Can't see how it can help either home or away teams in regards to supporters getting to the match. How long will it take to get up to Macclesfield Friday from Swindon, I can't leave until after 3 pm. Thanks in advance.
Macclesfield have done it for a while now, as have Tranmere... play a few of your home games on Fridays to attract people who would otherwise be watching the bigger clubs down the road.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 20:52:49 »

We had to do it at Hartlepool (3-3 Cox hat-trick) a few seasons back.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: