Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 52036 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:41:51 »

HT 2-0 easy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:43:33 »

Atkinson is a dirty cunt and will do well to last another 45mins

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:44:13 »

Great team performance so far. Grant is fucking unbelievable.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:47:22 »

Isgrove was playing really poor right up to the 2nd goal, but what a contribution by him for it!

Nobody playing badly now.

Baudry, Grant, DJ and Woolery all having good games. Doughty still hit and miss at times but the pass for the goal was incredibly weighted.

REG looking handy he just needs to not hoof it at the earliest chance he has more time than he realises, otherwise hes looking really good.

Grant though is an absolute beast under a lot of provocation.

Game started poorly for the first 15 to 20 mins but we have been totally incontrol since then, comfortable and still in 1st gear.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:47:36 »

That second goal is a great demonstration of why Yates and Doyle were so prolific.  With that kind of service any kind of striker would score goals.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:49:27 »

Very comfortable.  Could be a goal or two further infront without really dominating as we have in some games.

I like the look of Edmonds-Green, he's very good on the ball.  Looked a threat in their box at times.  Can see why Broadbent was given this one off because we are playing like we have two central midfielders at the back given Port Vale have no presence up top at all to worry about.  Might be different against Colchester.

Doughty's pass in the build up to the second was sublime.

Hope has gradually got himself into the game, great instinct to be where he was for the goal - oddly Woolery was 10 yards past the back post - that's his biggest challenge with playing up top, he struggles with the positioning and hold-up.  Having said that he terrifies their defenders with the pace - if he could just have held the line earlier he was clean through from Isgrove/

Talking of Isgrove, he's just on the edge of the game at the moment.  Glimpses of what we know he can do, then periods of drifting.  Not a lack of effort, just looking a little off the pace.  This may explain why he is with us.  When he gets hot he looks great, but he clearly has these spells in him.  Then he bursts to life to create the confusion in defence for our second.

Overall, we don't look in any trouble in this game.  They don't have the height of a Newport to worry us that way, Cullen looks like a lost part in their team and the midfield seems more worried about bringing us down than trying to get control of the game.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:49:38 »

This thread makes beautiful reading...

Fuck you Bradford "Swindon are a one man team, they're shit without Doyle" City...we're 2 up, you're 2 down you bunch of cnuts...

Fuck you Carlisle "Hope is shit, I'll drive him to Swindon myself" United...maybe it's your shit team that's shit...

and fuck you Rotherham (but I'll forgive you if you let us have Yates back)

Smiley Clap Pint
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:49:45 »

The Eoin'exit and Jexit doom merchants can fuck off
The Power bashers can fuck off
The whingers and the whiners can fuck off

We are Swindon ver. Wellens and we are top of the league.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:50:25 »

good half. first was fortunate, but what a ball inside the full back from Doughty in the build up to the second
Flashheart

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:51:19 »

That second goal is a great demonstration of why Yates and Doyle were so prolific.  With that kind of service any kind of striker would score goals.

This is what I was saying the other day. As much as I love the Ginger one, I think we made it relatively easy for him.

Meanwhile... Bradford are 2 down and out of the playoffs. Doyle must fucking hate Bowyer.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:51:44 »

Sluggish start and was a bit concerned that we did not seem to be getting our passing going. Stepped up a gear and definitely driven on by Grant looking a far better side. It is now midnight in WA and feeling far happier with my IFollow purchase than last weeks game.  Yes

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:52:17 »

This is what I was saying the other day. As much as I love the Ginger one, I think we made it relatively easy for him.

Meanwhile... Bradford are 2 down and out of the playoffs. Doyle must fucking hate Bowyer.
Just said the same thing  Yes
Peter Venkman

« Reply #237 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:52:21 »

This thread makes beautiful reading...

Fuck you Bradford "Swindon are a one man team, they're shit without Doyle" City...we're 2 up, you're 2 down you bunch of cnuts...

Fuck you Carlisle "Hope is shit, I'll drive him to Swindon myself" United...maybe it's your shit team that's shit...

and fuck you Rotherham (but I'll forgive you if you let us have Yates back)

Smiley Clap Pint

Indeed!

hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:53:15 »

Agent Doyle keeping up the good work so far  Smug Fuck Off
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 15:53:47 »

We have had 10 shots in that half, 3 for Hope I think and 2 for Woolery at least.  The chances we create are good ones and tend to be in the box.  The only thing Doyle gave us on top of that was control - he gave us an outlet to play off as well.  Not a big man, but he could drop a yard off the defender and allow a ball into feet.  Woolery wants to turn, every time.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: