Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Charlton Athletic pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29898 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:03:56 »

soapy tit wank you make me laugh Bamboo. Calling me a troll. You only need to read through your last few posts on this forum to see who the real troll is. You thrive on having arguments with other members on this forum. I feel sorry for you as this forum is probably a big part of your life and you enjoy winding up and having arguments with other forum posters.

Overall the better team won today but it’s to early in the season to judge the team. I think we will look different with Pitman upfront. Defending wasn’t great and we will face better attaching units this season. As long as we avoid relegation it will be a good season.

Not sure if you noticed the "Rufflin Feathers" part but you've got me totally wrong to a degree, but it's ok to judge me based on an online forum of course. As I do with you but I would say it has credence. I don't just appear on the forum to slag of the team randomly, as you have done on various previous occasions. Nice to see you give some kind of human assessment of the team performance today.

I still think we'll do better than avoid relegation. You have to remember that Charton were a Championship side last season (even if a gash one), so a good test to get some minutes in the legs and with a patchwork defence to boot.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:06:47 »

Why do you hate Twine and Iandolo?

Did you get bombed out the youth team whilst they got pro deals or something?
I rate Iandolo and he did well to get there but once you get to the ball and have a free header on goal you have to hit the target. I don’t think he’s a full back and would be better as a wingback but he’s useful squad player. As for Twine I didn’t think he had shown he was ready to play first team football for us and ultimately he’s gone on loan which reinforces that view.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:06:52 »

Lyden = hammy Sad

that's a month+ off unless it's a very minor twinge - which it didn't look like
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:07:02 »

I agree, time to come off the TEF and sleep on the result.

I am not overly worried by that but it shows we need a left back, a centre half (or 2) and Jonny Smith has to start. Impressed in the main by the keeper and Grant was excellent. Payne looks a handful. Hopefully Pitman will get passed the ball in the next game so he can show us what he is all about.

Its difficult for a defender like Odimayo, hes not going to be good enough to cope with strikers of the calibre of Bonne and Aneke at such a youthful point in his career.

Good text commentary Pete god knows how you were able to watch & type at the same time as well as reacting to comments and without any spelling mistakes😁 You come across as a journalist!!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:10:21 »

Quote from: theakston2k
Why do you hate Twine and Iandolo?

Did you get bombed out the youth team whilst they got pro deals or something?
I rate Iandolo and he did well to get there but once you get to the ball and have a free header on goal you have to hit the target. I don’t think he’s a full back and would be better as a wingback but he’s useful squad player. As for Twine I didn’t think he had shown he was ready to play first team football for us and ultimately he’s gone on loan which reinforces that view.

I don't particularly rate him, but while being a half chance it was not easy.

he was left of goal and it needed a flick at a decent angle. it's not like he was goal centre .
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:18:30 »

You've mentioned this - a few times actually. Almost to the exclusion of everything else. Did you watch the game?
No I didn't, I listened to it on the wireless
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:19:27 »

Fair points.

Just seemed like you were particularly fixating on the Iandolo header in this thread but can’t argue with anything you just said.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:22:16 »

Johnny Smith, not only a great talent but must say, talks very well and an awesome attitude. Basically not dwelling on today and already focused on the next match. He went on to say that this is mirrored throughout the dressing room and that he is committed to winning football matches for Swindon Town.

Impressed by him. Top lad.

'Incessant Nonsense'

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:25:01 »

Fair points.

Just seemed like you were particularly fixating on the Iandolo header in this thread but can’t argue with anything you just said.
I just just making a point that although certain posters were constantly on about our poor corners we actually had a guilt edge chance from one.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:30:47 »

Johnny Smith, not only a great talent but must say, talks very well and an awesome attitude. Basically not dwelling on today and already focused on the next match. He went on to say that this is mirrored throughout the dressing room and that he is committed to winning football matches for Swindon Town.

Impressed by him. Top lad.
Tend to agree(for a change)
Could turn out to be another Keshi  Anderson or Nathan Thompson
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:32:56 »

Tend to agree(for a change)
Could turn out to be another Keshi  Anderson or Nathan Thompson

I think he's a class above both already tbh. Certainly has similar attitude like Thompson but it's polar to Anderson.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:51:53 »

Just watched the highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12064606/swindon-1-3-charlton

First goal: Odimayo playing too deep and playing everyone onside. Iandolo let his man get goal side too.

Second goal: Fryers doesn't win the header and no one is covering the far post. Odimayo gets beaten by his man and both Grant and Hunt miles away from their player.

Third goal: Kovar shouldn't be beaten from there on his near post.

Our goal: Excellent control by J Smith followed by calm execution. Didn't see any of that in our other chances.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Valid Pint

« Reply #507 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 16:53:09 »

If only we had an away leg we could win 4-1.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 17:12:30 »

Just watched the highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12064606/swindon-1-3-charlton

First goal: Odimayo playing too deep and playing everyone onside. Iandolo let his man get goal side too.

Second goal: Fryers doesn't win the header and no one is covering the far post. Odimayo gets beaten by his man and both Grant and Hunt miles away from their player.

Third goal: Kovar shouldn't be beaten from there on his near post.

Our goal: Excellent control by J Smith followed by calm execution. Didn't see any of that in our other chances.

To be fair to Charlton it should have been 4-1 and at times our defence looked too weak

So, give no fucks
Valid Pint

« Reply #509 on: Saturday, September 5, 2020, 21:17:47 »

Who were those people in the Town End?

Did any of you spot your cardboard cunt-outs?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: