Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37159 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 10:36:36 »

Surely Troy is banned

He was banned for one game and we have played one game.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 10:41:18 »

Am I the only one who thought Gladwin looked totally out of his depth for most of the game ? He had 1 decent run in the first half, but apart from that the full back had him in his pocket for the whole game, he didnt beat him once. THe cross for the own goal was the only time he attempted a cross without trying to beat his man and he looked seriously lacking in pace. That wide role is probably not his natural position, but even so, I was amazed he lasted so long especially as Byrne was on the bench. Not totally writing him off, just thought he consistently chose the wrong option and looked a yard  slower than anyone else last night.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 10:55:48 »

Ah ok.

I thought Branco was a bit of a bombscare last night. He works hard and you can't fault his passion but he was awful in that first half. I would swap him for Troy for Saturday.

You know who he reminded me of? Risser.

You can't deny it was a beautiful header, it's just a shame it was at the wrong end...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 11:36:36 »

Am I the only one who thought Gladwin looked totally out of his depth for most of the game ? He had 1 decent run in the first half, but apart from that the full back had him in his pocket for the whole game, he didnt beat him once. THe cross for the own goal was the only time he attempted a cross without trying to beat his man and he looked seriously lacking in pace. That wide role is probably not his natural position, but even so, I was amazed he lasted so long especially as Byrne was on the bench. Not totally writing him off, just thought he consistently chose the wrong option and looked a yard  slower than anyone else last night.

Can't really disagree with what you have said but that was his first full match for us on a pudding of a pitch and he came through it ok I thought. Yes, his one trick worked first time but after that Knight-Percival had him in his back pocket and not a lot came off for him. That said he put in a shift and always looked for the ball. He was painfully slow though, he was put through first half and looked to be jogging forward instead of sprinting through on goal. The commentator last night said Reading released him because he was too small!

After his cameo on Saturday and last night, I think there could be the hallmarks of a decent midfielder in there.

Also, how classy did Kasim look last night? Its a shame he's now suspended for 2 games, he's been a brilliant find.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 11:41:05 »

Not the first player Reading have let go for being to small! The heightest plastic bastards.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 11:47:42 »

Can't really disagree with what you have said but that was his first full match for us on a pudding of a pitch and he came through it ok I thought. Yes, his one trick worked first time but after that Knight-Percival had him in his back pocket and not a lot came off for him. That said he put in a shift and always looked for the ball. He was painfully slow though, he was put through first half and looked to be jogging forward instead of sprinting through on goal. The commentator last night said Reading released him because he was too small!

After his cameo on Saturday and last night, I think there could be the hallmarks of a decent midfielder in there.

Also, how classy did Kasim look last night? Its a shame he's now suspended for 2 games, he's been a brilliant find.

We're picking up these lads from non-league or Prem stiffs....in many ways I prefer the non-leaguers, might not have so much ability but likely to have better attitude.

We know from experience....that for every Charlie Austin or Simon Cox, you'll get a score of Darren Dykes, Ben Martins or Bertie Brayleys.

It's highly unusual for these types to just step up seamlessly....it could be that they just won't, or it could be they need a bit of time...we as fans can help by being supportive rather than getting on their backs.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 11:54:54 »

Darren Dykes is now playing for Newport Pagnall Town.

Ben Martin is playing for St Albans City along with (Kerrea Gilbert who I can remember turning out for Arsenal a while back)

Bertie Brayley has had more clubs than Nick Faldo since leaving us. However he has had International caps, for the England learning disabilities team.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 12:08:57 »

Darren Dykes is now playing for Newport Pagnall Town.

Ben Martin is playing for St Albans City along with (Kerrea Gilbert who I can remember turning out for Arsenal a while back)

Bertie Brayley has had more clubs than Nick Faldo since leaving us. However he has had International caps, for the England learning disabilities team.

There are, inevitably, more who are just not good enough for league football....take Branco for example he's come from Conference South...can he make it? Maybe.  Gladwin similar...the rest of this season is a good opportunity to give these lads some experience....we ought to be able to just about avoid a relegation battle, and are not realistically hunting a PO spot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 12:35:29 »

It's going to take a while to see if gladwin has what it takes to step up in speed of thought/decision making.

I thought he did OK until the final third.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #354 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 12:39:51 »

I'd back Gladwyn over Byrne
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 12:54:17 »

Any news on the date of the 2nd leg? I'll have to reschedule my Daughter's gymnastics lesson if it's on Monday!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kerry red

« Reply #356 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 13:00:21 »

Supposedly Monday 17th Feb

BTW, looked in on the Posh forum and one fella seems to think they went down to 10 men when Assombolonga went off.

WTF?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 13:08:50 »

Was it an ironic  statement that ass'  replacement was no good. Or did they mean temporarily down to 10..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #358 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 13:14:15 »

BTW, looked in on the Posh forum and one fella seems to think they went down to 10 men when Assombolonga went off.

WTF?
They did go down to 10 men, for about 3 minutes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, February 6, 2014, 13:18:17 »

WTF?

Ta. I'll keep checking the Sky and JPT sites.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: