Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 35817 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:58:43 »

Coxs goal was the best goal I have seen live at the County Ground that I can remember (with the exception of Fallons goal against City).

Kenny Stroud

Swindon v Everton for me
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 23:00:15 »

I would have thought Dave would be a job for the Samaritans.

Nah

Daves quite together in a special kind of way
santasdead

« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 23:11:45 »

went out at 3-0,back of my mind was thinking it was going to be hartlepool take 2!

3points is 3points,sounds like the team have got their heads in gear,glad to see coxy scoring again and by the sounds of it his touch isnt that of a rapist anymore...

lets get at least a point from oldham and get on a good run!
Danjackson10

« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 23:13:23 »

greer at the back was awsome and i can confirm i saw jfw's lovely black muffs Smiley
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 23:27:14 »

We won. Thank fuck.

Cox, great finish.

Kanu, good first half.

Ifil, good first half and half the second.

Greer, not bad, like to see more, had a good effect on the rest.

Amankwaah, looked like he can actually play at this level for the first time.

Midfield, hmmm, was calling for a change after 60 mins, Nalis looked knackered.

Vincent, welcome back, hope you put in that kind of performance every week.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 23:32:41 »

Agree with that axs also thought paynter played well and that we played with a disciplined two banks of 4 with good width.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 23:34:29 »

Agree with that axs also thought paynter played well and that we played with a disciplined two banks of 4 with good width.

Paynter yes, as for the rest, hard to tell from the TE, but our back 4 looked a lot more communicative, all of them were pointing and shouting.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:06:02 »

Apart from a mad two mins i saw alot of positives tonight more than i have seen all season in fact. Amankwa grew in confidence,jpm played as a winger and every player wanted the ball. First home win since oct i think and for reg it did not look like a team who have accepted league 2
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:14:42 »

I'd say the biggest positive was that we looked to move the ball a lot quicker than we have done.

Walsall were really nothing though. The real test will be if we can do this consistently.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:20:00 »

Walsall were poor but we have played worse teams and got poorer results
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:25:54 »

It was a good win, don't get me wrong, but I was optimistic after Orient and were were bollocks after that.

I think the point is that there a 12 pretty average-crap teams in this division. The consistency has to be found in our crucial run of games which are upcoming.
deltaincline

« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:27:13 »

Amankwaah was well good today. Vincent was mega, we were great untill ifil fucked up.

Ifil made a mistake for the goal. No argument. But where the fuck was Greer? Ifil had no back up whatsoever when they broke away as his fellow center half was in nosebleed territory near the town end, gave the cunting ball away cheaply, then couldn't get back quick enough to cover Ifils mistake.

I'm picking holes, I know. Greer and Ifil both had a fucking good game apart from that mistake and it was brilliant to see Greer constantly encouraging the players around him. He was a bit rusty to start with but settled down very well. A very good player, no doubt.

I think DW's decision to make Ifil captain was a masterstroke which paid off. I can't remember the last time I saw Ifil make so many right decisions, clearances and connective passes in one match. He's gone from being almost transfer listed and thrown on the scrap heap by cunty Morrice Malpas a few months ago, to being a competent, quick thinking and reliable defender again. I hope for his and our sake that he can keep that going regardless of whether he remains captain or not.

Vincent was fucking awesome considering how long he's been out of the game. So good to see him back in the side.

DW made some brave decisions in his team selection tonight. He's probably pissed off a few senior pro's along the way, which is tough shit on them as we've been spoon-fed a massive diet of shit football and mediocre performances for too fucking long. Something had to give.

Wilson doesn't seem to give a fuck about pecking orders amongst the players, their ego's or their bullshit excuses for under performing.

He's drawn a line, been brave and picked a team to win on the night. It's up to those who were left out to get their act together or fuck off somewhere else.

I'm not getting too excited after one half-decent performance and three very welcome points, but it's nice to know we have a manager who knows what he wants, how he's going to get it and does things his way.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:32:57 »

Coxs goal was the best goal I have seen live at the County Ground that I can remember (with the exception of Fallons goal against City).
Taking the ball out of the sky with a touch that tees it up for him to lob it over the keeper from that distance......i'm looking forwards to someone sticking that on Youtube.

It was ok and well taken, but far from the best I've seen. A couple from Fjortoft come to mind, one where he ran on to the keepers clearance and lobbed their keeper with his first touch and the other where he curled it in to the top right hand corner from the edge of the penalty box. A few Mark Walters goals as well, the ones where he somehow (seemed to) lob the keeper whilst he was stood on the goal line.

As for the rest of tonights performance it was the same old story. They played some decent football and got the lead and then turned to shit for the last half hour and did their best to throw the game away.

On the plus side, I reckon we've got a decent squad especially with the new additions (especially Kanu who looked quality) and they just need to get some confidence and improve their discipline. At least half the goals conceded at home have come from simple, basic mistakes that shouldn't have happened.

Finally, how the hell did the ref come up with 4 minutes of injury time and then go on to play 4 1/2 minutes?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:33:49 »

Lets not forget another Newbie tonight Allen...thaught he played really well.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 00:43:33 »

Difference being johny is that walters and fjortoft were international players who made a name by doing things like that. I would say cox goal was as good a goal you are likely to see at this level and was more than just ok
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: