Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One rule for the rich...  (Read 5740 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 11:45:49 »

Beeb reporting today they are likely to face points deduction if holding company does go into administration.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 11:47:35 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9074311.stm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 11:53:50 »

At the rate Man Yoo are going, they might join them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11499023

Also, if Hicks and Gillette do get burnt in this (as looks likely), at least it will hopefully stop all leveraged buyouts.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, October 8, 2010, 15:13:00 »

if Hicks and Gillette do get burnt in this (as looks likely), at least it will hopefully stop all leveraged buyouts.
You mean like Lehman Bros collapsing brought about major reform of the world banking system and a new era of self-restraint from bankers? Similar story here - stupid greedy people and a regulatory authority (the PL) that has no interest in preventing even the worst excesses
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 11, 2010, 12:59:27 »

It looks like the press are now picking up on Liverpool needing to be docked 9 points if they go into admin

On another subject it was rumoured in one of the Sunday's that Peter Ridsdale was involved in an american consortium looking to take over Hull
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 17:07:30 »

So NESV have completed the purchase of Liverpool and administration has been avoided.

I very much doubt we've heard the last of Hicks and Gillett, especially as they've said they're going to be suing (RBS and the other Liverpool directors, I guess) for £1bn on the basis that they've sold the club too cheaply. They appear to have a point as if the press are to be believed there were others willing to pay in excess of the £300m that NESV have and other options were on the table.

You have to wonder why there's never and English people lining up to buy our top clubs. Are they too stupid to see the potential profit, or too clever to piss their money away?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 17:14:18 »

Football clubs are money pits, looks like you can only make money out of it if you buy the club very cheaply, turn them into a force and then sell to a Yank/Russian/Sheikh before you run out of cash.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 17:27:17 »

I very much doubt we've heard the last of Hicks and Gillett, especially as they've said they're going to be suing (RBS and the other Liverpool directors, I guess) for £1bn on the basis that they've sold the club too cheaply. They appear to have a point as if the press are to be believed there were others willing to pay in excess of the £300m that NESV have and other options were on the table.

No one was willing to pay the £800m Hicks wanted. The only alleged offers were only around £20m more than NESV paid for Liverpool.

The fact is if RBS wasn't paid their money today, they could've taken ownership of the club and put the club into admin and could've potentially sold for less than the £300m that NESV paid, and Hicks and Gillett would've still lost their £144m. Personally Hicks and Gillett have no case. They knew that they had 6 months to sell the club in April, but no solid offers came in until NESV did. Hicks tried to borrow money to pay off RBS from a hedge fund, but Broughton and co. refused to go down that road again as they would've been in the same place in a few months time.

I'm now waiting for the Glazers trying to find £700m in a few years time to pay off the loan and hedge funds.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 17:38:08 »

I would quite literally piss myself if Liverpool got points deducted. It won't happen of course. They're not a bunch of lower league carrot crunching village idiots from down the M4 Roll Eyes
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 18:14:14 »

I would quite literally piss myself if Liverpool got points deducted. It won't happen of course. They're not a bunch of lower league carrot crunching village idiots from down the M4 Roll Eyes

Didn't know Bristol City had points deducted Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 19:34:33 »

Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: